If Adam had'nt sinned, would he still be alive ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
X

X-Rez

Gen 2 says...

15The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

This would be what would punishment from God, for Adam. If he had been obedient, WOULD HE STILL BE ALIVE NOW ?

P

princessbella

This wasnt an option God knew from the beginning what was going to happen in the garden, and what was going to happen on the cross 2000 years later

R

R3V07UTI0N

This wasnt an option God knew from the beginning what was going to happen in the garden, and what was going to happen on the cross 2000 years later
This is true God knows the beginning and the the end cuz the Lord is great!

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." -Revelation 1:8

L

lightbeamrider

Gen 2 says...

15The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

This would be what would punishment from God, for Adam. If he had been obedient, WOULD HE STILL BE ALIVE NOW ?
Hi folks. New member here. Was discussing this in another place. First off Adam was in the garden with Eve during the exchange with the Serpent and did nothing to prevent Eve from partaking of the fruit. This is indicated in th Hebrew but not necessarly in English translations. There is ''you'' singular and ''you'' plural in Hebrew but not necessarly in English. Sort of like you and y'all. You is singular, y'all is plural. The theory being if Adam was there and was against it all he would have prevented Eve from eating. Under this scenario Adam is Eve's silent accomplice.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2011
I believe Eve and Adam had a choice, even if God did know what they would do.

R

R3V07UTI0N

I believe Eve and Adam had a choice, even if God did know what they would do.
This is true but it's like me and you every one has a choice but God already knows our end result

Dec 19, 2009
Gen 2 says...

I’m sure he is alive in the resurrection.

R

R3V07UTI0N

I’m sure he is alive in the resurrection.
That's what I think he is in paradise with all the first fruit and the dead in Christ with Jesus waiting for the end of time to reign in the New Jerusalem with the church and the tribulation saints

Jul 25, 2005
Probably. And I likely wouldn't have been born. That's a trade off I can live with...literally.