IF GOD WERE TO SAY...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
In many instances in Scripture, God had some pretty hard things to say about Israel, and other peoples.

Jesus had some pretty rough stuff to say to the Sadujicifolks and the Pharasifolks didn't He?

The Apostle Paul had some rough things to call the sinners he described in the 1st Chapter of Romans, huh?

Imagine if I had used the same language to describe folks that the Apostle did.... :)

God IS a loving God, but it seems some folks don't realize that God is ALSO an ANGRY God at times. Talk about something to fear! The wrath of God!

As well, I see lots of people living like they are still living in sin, rather than living like they have been redeemed! We need to live like we are the children of God and HEIRS TO THE PROMISE; not to eternal damnation.
God tends to deal with the ignorant patiently and the rebellious more harshly. Sometimes a gentle answer is appropriate. At other times a sterner tone. Wisdom is knowing the difference.

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
Some people have good reason to act like that if their circumstances are genuinely hard to deal with. Maybe you, p_rehbein, are hard-hearted and unsympathetic to those in worse situations than you.
If we don't have God to go to for asking help where we see need, who else can we go to? God should be first.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Some folks sit around whining, crying, complaining, woeismeing about how tough things are for them, and how hard they struggle just to live. I'm sure everyone here knows someone like this. So, I was wondering...........

WHAT IF GOD WERE TO SAY:

"Hey! Knock it off! Instead of whining, crying, complaining, woeismeing all day long, try counting your blessings! And while your at it; GET YOUR BUTT UP and get busy doing what I purposed you to do!""

I wonder......hmm.................
Hebrews 12:4
“Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.”

Thusiserve

Nov 8, 2022
Some folks sit around whining, crying, complaining, woeismeing about how tough things are for them, and how hard they struggle just to live. I'm sure everyone here knows someone like this. So, I was wondering...........

WHAT IF GOD WERE TO SAY:

"Hey! Knock it off! Instead of whining, crying, complaining, woeismeing all day long, try counting your blessings! And while your at it; GET YOUR BUTT UP and get busy doing what I purposed you to do!""

I wonder......hmm.................
I can tell you that several times throughout my years on this earth that the Lord has told me to "Get my butt in gear!" It's all a part of the Christian walk as we learn and grow. Admonishment is nothing to fear. It's how we become more like Jesus. Isn't that the goal?

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
I caught the bus to go shopping the other day and it came almost immediately and I praised God but when I was loaded down with shopping I waited 3/4 of an hour ... no show, I ordered a cab they said 1/2 an hour, it was freezing, and the Lord reminded how that when it came at once I praised Him ... I did eventually get home after 2.1/2 hours. Still just about praising the Lord.

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
It is easy to voice criticism at those fellow believers who struggle more with things, and they speak of it. But we are called to be encouraging, those one who speak of their struggle should not be discouraged from speaking honestly about it and we should not be a cause for a weaker brother or sister to stumble.