If I Were To Become A Book, What One Would I Be?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2012
For part of my English final we had to write a essay on what book we would become and why? Using information from another book we read in class. I became the book of Philippians, and I thought I'd share it on here if anyone got bored and wanted a short thing to read, well kinda.

“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands (2 Timothy 1:6).” I am a Christian, a follower of God, and someone who has a personal relationship with God. It took me a week to decide on which book to choose from. I warily picked the book of Philippians. It has so much to tell, in so few chapters. Becoming this book is letting the world know about staying loyal to a belief, to not complain so much, to chose friends wisely, and to help the needy.
This book is important to me because it personally spoke to me greatly. The beginning part talks about standing up in faith, and to not be a coward about something you truly believe in. To be specific, for me standing up in faith in God would have been an issue. This is what was expected of all followers of God, to stay loyal no matter what. Think about this If you believe in something very strongly would you die for it? Next, in chapter two, verses 12 through 18, to do everything without complaining or arguing. Many people in general do this a lot. When doing so, they are in a bad mood and making others in bad moods. This made me realize how much of a small complainer I was and I wasn’t helping at all if someone was not in a good mood. Finally, Philippians also helped me realize the type of friends I need to make more often. Not thinking wisely about who my friend should be can really make a difference later in life.
Philippians can mean a lot to the world the same way it meant a lot to me when I read it. Now you may show a little bewilderment when you I tell you that the one thing I did not gain from it was knowing to help the needy. I already do that, but hearing about it in Philippians reassured that I was doing the right thing. “You can do anything through him who gives you strength (chapter 4 verses 10-13).” The world can do a lot to help people in need. Some people tend to pray when they are in hard times. If they truly looked for help from God through their heart they can receive help. God isn’t the only who gives strength, he may be guild like, but he isn’t the only one. Anyone can give someone else strength to do something. The world could do so much more if they look for the strength to go out of their way, and to go help someone out. Some people already do this, but not enough do.
To Fahrenheit 451, this book is really important. If that society had the book of Philippians it would have been a lot better. You me be wondering how? Well, most of people in that society didn’t care about anybody. They were only worried about themselves. Putting Philippians into their society would have automatically made it better. People would have stayed more loyal into what they believe in and books may have never been banned, and they wouldn’t have dwindled the usage of books. Another thing, helping others out would have made a huge difference. Choosing better, more loyal friends could have helped everyone out. Clarisse was a great friend to have (Bradbury 22). She was good for Montag even though she was a teen, she made a difference.
Becoming the book of Philippians is more then becoming a book. It is becoming a set of life rules everyone should abide by. Believer in God or not, it is almost common sense made in deeper thought for us to understand.

Last edited:
K

kittycat7

probably a Nicholas Sparks Novel :) Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Nov 26, 2012
Personal thing, but boo Nicholas Sparks and his love stories.