IF Money is the ROOT of EVIL, Then Why Use It Seeing What It Does To People?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 26, 2013
Our national debt is at around an estimated 17 trillion dollars!

No one here will ever see that type of money in their lifetimes.
Now think about this. The richest family in the world by far is the Rothechilds.
They are above all the laws that govern money today as no one touches their books, but is estimated that they are worth over 500 TRILLION DOLLARS!

This ONE family can by the standards of money, pay off the national debt, AND house, clothe and feed every human on the planet! AND STILL BE RICH!!!!

HOW LONG WILL WE LET THIS MADNESS CONTINUE?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Our national debt is at around an estimated 17 trillion dollars!

No one here will ever see that type of money in their lifetimes.
Now think about this. The richest family in the world by far is the Rothechilds.
They are above all the laws that govern money today as no one touches their books, but is estimated that they are worth over 500 TRILLION DOLLARS!

This ONE family can by the standards of money, pay off the national debt, AND house, clothe and feed every human on the planet! AND STILL BE RICH!!!!

HOW LONG WILL WE LET THIS MADNESS CONTINUE?
One can only hope and pray that by their free choice this is what they would choose. I wonder if anyone of us were in their position, who we do what you said, let alone yourself? Or would it bring out our selfishness to and not share
I do not know, I would hope so, yet I remember this:
Proverbs 30:9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.

Woe is the flesh, that we all are originally born with. Both ends of the spectrum are happening and have been happening.
Please oh Father let me have that new life that your Son said he came to give us all, and no longer either be stolen from or steal, kill, as what selfishness does do.
I know you came to give us new Life in you
John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

You know I heard of a rich man that gave up all of his riches except two suitcases, that he was going to be allowed to take home to Heaven with him, if he gave up all else and took up the cross and went into the world to bring in the sheep.

Well he did and was at the pearly gates ready to enter with those two suitcases. St. Peter and other Saints saw this, and said to him, hey, you can come in, but not with those suitcases. The Man said please go ask Father. So they did and all bewildered what Father said, yes let him come in with those two suitcases.
Now in wonderment of what was in those suitcases, they say to the man, yes, you can bring in those suitcases. But before you do, can you please open them up, we are very curious to what is in those suitcases.
The man opens up both suitcases, and they see that them both are filled with Gold Bricks.
The Saints look at the man and say
"You mean you came all the way up here just to bring pavement"

What is worth here is nothing in where we will be in belief with God through Son Christ

R

reject-tech

Few are going to like the sound of this...

The use of money, knowing that it is the root of all evil, is the mark of the beast, and it's been around for thousands of years.
Everyone has or has had it.
The goal should be to get victory over it, which is to never spend or take a penny if it causes any inconvenience to another person, or results an any perceived unfair social status.

Buying unnecessarily on credit is the mark.
Driving a car that shows off is the mark. Even thinking your mediocre car is "nicer" than someone else's.
Buying abercrombie is the mark.
Buying a new cell phone every 6 months is the mark.
Watching pay per view is the mark.
Etc. etc.

Jesus got ultimate victory over the mark by having no possessions except clothes, and not wanting money for himself at all.
His disciples, except Judas, had victory over the mark, even though they collected money they gave to the poor and presumably fed themselves.
Judas might even have gotten victory over the mark when he turned the money back in to the pharisees.

How we spend our money is whether or not we have the mark. It is a direct material reflection of what's in our heart.

It's really about something much deeper than money.
The rich young ruler didn't get victory the mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

reject-tech

Or, as I should have put it, the way we buy or sell with money is a result of that deeper mark.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Few are going to like the sound of this...

The use of money, knowing that it is the root of all evil, is the mark of the beast, and it's been around for thousands of years.
Everyone has or has had it.
The goal should be to get victory over it, which is to never spend or take a penny if it causes any inconvenience to another person, or results an any perceived unfair social status.

Buying unnecessarily on credit is the mark.
Driving a car that shows off is the mark. Even thinking your mediocre car is "nicer" than someone else's.
Buying abercrombie is the mark.
Buying a new cell phone every 6 months is the mark.
Watching pay per view is the mark.
Etc. etc.

Jesus got ultimate victory over the mark by having no possessions except clothes, and not wanting money for himself at all.
His disciples, except Judas, had victory over the mark, even though they collected money they gave to the poor and presumably fed themselves.
Judas might even have gotten victory over the mark when he turned the money back in to the pharisees.

How we spend our money is whether or not we have the mark. It is a direct material reflection of what's in our heart.

It's really about something much deeper than money.
The rich young ruler didn't get victory the mark.
wow your real close to figuring it out...

buying abercrombie is,Coventry
a new cell phone every 6 months is Coventry
satellite t,v, is Coventry,,,,ect,ect,ect

connect the dots and open your wallet and see if you have a pin-number in your forehead,to support the Coventry.,,,when you see it try to get rid of it,no more tax refund without that sweat little pin number in our foreheads. no more social security,no more snap,,,cut it up!!,,,jobs wont hire you without a pay card,,poor credit pay higher rates your a risk.

its in the Americas its in Europe,its in Africa and after the rumors of wars,,well weather Afghanistan,Iraq,,,with all their refusal to bank like us,,,well "middle easterners,get your pin number in your forehead here!!!",,,Egypt,Libya,Ethiopia,,,ye are at the gates,,,

hmmm,maybe I'm incorrect,,, here ill preach the sermon the other way,,,,"all you fathers and mothers ,the lord wants you to have all these nice things,he wants you to have a nice car,and a good job, the lord wants you to have lots of money,he wants you to be in the air-conditioner,he wants you to forget how to farm. he wants you to genetically modafy seeds that grow in pestacide.

the lord wants you to sit back in your easy-chair and have a remote controll in your hand,he wants you to change the channel when you see the starving children.,,,don't cut up your debit cards,don't stop using usury,look at what would happen you would loose your job,then your car and your house. you, if you cut up your card will be in a lot of trouble,,you they will say are not a good parent,they will send c.p.s. and take your children away,,,,,

choose the Coventry!,,keep the pin- number in your fore-head,,,god wants you to have it.,,,what a silly thing i have for years stood before you the flock here in our church and told you this,,god wants you to have it. what will i say then if i am incorrect i have cast you children into the fire of Moloch ?,,,god wants you to have this pin number in your fore head,he wants you to covet these things,,,,,"

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
yes i know it sounds like madness,,,i have preached it for years and few took heed,,,today i got up and put my shoes on the opposite feet, i turned my pants in-side -out,,i put my shirt on backwards and my hat on crooked,,,,i went to the pulpit with the full mind of instead of baptizing one of you,,,rather today in the baptistry behind me i drowned a demon,,,,,,,

R

reject-tech

So one is either of the world or not, is that the bottom line
I'd say that's an accurate way to put it in one sentence.

Jul 26, 2013
I do not know how simple I can make my message to be.

I say that we can end all evil.

I say that all that we enjoy and take for granted now, we can enjoy and more by extending it FREELY to the world.

We can end all poverty, and disease. All hunger.

Isaiah 2:1-4

2 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Let us begin the work of wiping all tears from all faces! Please. We have enough......

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I do not know how simple I can make my message to be.

I say that we can end all evil.

I say that all that we enjoy and take for granted now, we can enjoy and more by extending it FREELY to the world.

We can end all poverty, and disease. All hunger.

Isaiah 2:1-4

2 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Let us begin the work of wiping all tears from all faces! Please. We have enough......
I think this begins with one individual at a time, seeing Christ and thus the board in their eye removed through Christ and goes go forward as domino effect.
What is it you are promoting for us to do, or what group are you promoting, there is something here you are saying beyond what you are saying is there not?
How are you promoting what you say can be don to be done, and I will have coffee with Father and discuss it with Father as to what Father wants me to do. Thanks in advance

A

ajiichi

Money is not bad, but the person itself who uses the money in wrong doing is the bad..

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
Money is not the root of all evil. It is the love of money that is the root of all evil. 1 Timothy 6:10 is probably one of the most misquoted Scriptures today. Always remember to quote the whole verse.

Money is simply a tool. It can be used for good or evil. Money is neutral. Don't worship money.

If you are a man, than it is your responsibility to be the bread winner of the household.

8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. - 1 Timothy 5:8 (Holy Bible)

Now of course, this verse of Scripture is not just talking about providing financially. It also is talking about providing spiritually and also providing safety.

You can be a good Bible believing Christian that has integrity and character. So when you use money, you will use it for good purposes. Such as providing for your wife and kids if you are married. Providing funds for good Bible believing Charities. Seeking to further the real Biblical Gospel. And so forth.

Remember we have to use money for commerce. Again, it is a tool. Some people use it everyday, and some only use it when they really have to.

As long as you don't start to elevate money to the status of a "god," then you should be fine.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Money is not bad, but the person itself who uses the money in wrong doing is the bad..
Yes for I know as Paul knows all:
Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Money is not the root of all evil. It is the love of money that is the root of all evil. 1 Timothy 6:10 is probably one of the most misquoted Scriptures today. Always remember to quote the whole verse.

Money is simply a tool. It can be used for good or evil. Money is neutral. Don't worship money.

If you are a man, than it is your responsibility to be the bread winner of the household.

8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. - 1 Timothy 5:8 (Holy Bible)

Now of course, this verse of Scripture is not just talking about providing financially. It also is talking about providing spiritually and also providing safety.

You can be a good Bible believing Christian that has integrity and character. So when you use money, you will use it for good purposes. Such as providing for your wife and kids if you are married. Providing funds for good Bible believing Charities. Seeking to further the real Biblical Gospel. And so forth.

Remember we have to use money for commerce. Again, it is a tool. Some people use it everyday, and some only use it when they really have to.

As long as you don't start to elevate money to the status of a "god," then you should be fine.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon