If there was no Law.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SMMC80

If there was no law of Tithes what would you do. how will your behavior change in aspect of giving.

WomanLovesTX

Jan 1, 2010
According to many posters here, the Old Testament Laws are null and void. Tithing is a Law from the OT. However, stating that, gifts/giving are not Law and we are free to give. I believe the purpose of mainstream traditional church and other non-denominations is to provide a church building. a paid leader and staff and all the overhead that goes hand in hand with supporting a physical church ministry is necessary that the membership/followers support financially. Do any of these Christian churches require "tithing" as in 10%? I think most do and they lay on sermons to encourage "obedience". I personally prefer the Home Fellowship that as closely as possible resembles the 1st century church, where we come and meet in each others homes, keep it small, but also keep it intimate, knowing the needs of one another (spiritual and financial) and able to provide support within each home group. Here in this setting, there is no need for the "overhead" financial support and the Old Testament Law of tithing. Note that the temple system had ministers/the Levites, and a building to support. Paul worked as a tentmaker so as not to be a burden to the churches. The 1st century churches took up offerings/gifts which stated nothing about a percentage being required from their crops or herds.

S

SMMC80

According to many posters here, the Old Testament Laws are null and void. Tithing is a Law from the OT. However, stating that, gifts/giving are not Law and we are free to give. I believe the purpose of mainstream traditional church and other non-denominations is to provide a church building. a paid leader and staff and all the overhead that goes hand in hand with supporting a physical church ministry is necessary that the membership/followers support financially. Do any of these Christian churches require "tithing" as in 10%? I think most do and they lay on sermons to encourage "obedience". I personally prefer the Home Fellowship that as closely as possible resembles the 1st century church, where we come and meet in each others homes, keep it small, but also keep it intimate, knowing the needs of one another (spiritual and financial) and able to provide support within each home group. Here in this setting, there is no need for the "overhead" financial support and the Old Testament Law of tithing. Note that the temple system had ministers/the Levites, and a building to support. Paul worked as a tentmaker so as not to be a burden to the churches. The 1st century churches took up offerings/gifts which stated nothing about a percentage being required from their crops or herds.
I totally agree with you.