if you are a good looking boy or girl. post

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

icilian

don't promote self esteem or prettyness. noooo not that ahhhhhhh! cover your eyes Children!
Its the idea that you have to be pretty to have worth - those who end up not feeling pretty (trust me, I have absolutely no problem with everyone feeling good about the way they look - that, to me, would be like a small step towards heaven) feel unworthy, unlikeable, un-lots-of-other-things.

Its one thing to tell everyone that they're pretty, and another to ask people to single themselves out. Those who generally don't feel that way won't get any benefit from people asking them if they think they're pretty - in their heads or hearts it's likely to be a : "No, and thanks for making me think it's important, if I didn't have to struggle with that enough as it is"

C

christiancollegegirl

I'm pretty- pretty funny looking.

M

missballantyne

Its the idea that you have to be pretty to have worth - those who end up not feeling pretty (trust me, I have absolutely no problem with everyone feeling good about the way they look - that, to me, would be like a small step towards heaven) feel unworthy, unlikeable, un-lots-of-other-things.

Its one thing to tell everyone that they're pretty, and another to ask people to single themselves out. Those who generally don't feel that way won't get any benefit from people asking them if they think they're pretty - in their heads or hearts it's likely to be a : "No, and thanks for making me think it's important, if I didn't have to struggle with that enough as it is"
what you say is true.. and for those who struggle with self esteem, i think they could probably learn a thing or two from people on here who do have confidence cuz it`s not like we`re here to put anyone down! Having a light humor about it is the first step, we`re just makin jokes! no one has yet to be rude in this column!
As for outside of this site, I couldn`t agree more. I see so many people, women especially with my job, ranging from young teenagers to mature women, who struggle to accept compliments or who have been bullied or put down, or criticized because of their looks. It`s moments like those, though, that I feel God work through me the most. Makes my long days worth it when I see someones day improved by kind words!