If you do these things, you will NEVER FALL!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Feb 17, 2010
Now that is powerful Word! Thank You God for the knowledge You gave Peter to write this. Thank You Lord, that Ramon posted it here. Thank You Lord that 4runner believe this, and thank You Lord that I may also hope on Your godliness to be in me! Lord bless me with Your light, that I have no darkness in me, and that I may SEE. Amen!

Lord I am TIRED of falling, bless me with NO MORE FALLING, for Your Glory Amen!

A

Abiding

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
2Pe 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Which means if we dont do that list of things what will happen???

G

giantone

I think that many of us are stopped by the first verse. And it doesn't have to be lust exactly but material things as well as cares of this life and opinions of nay Sayers as well (if you listen to them that is).

2 Peter 1:4 *Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

We need to first find and hang on tightly not letting go of the promises that God gave us and as a result God's divine nature will manifest itself in us and we will stop thinking and doing stupid things.

R

Ramon

The purging feels terrible!!!

The Lord showed me how that purging feels. It is like throwing up a bunch of bad old food. My body doesn't agree with it, so it has to leave.
Now, the Lord is just absolutely awesome!!!! Because he brings this to mind:

Mar 7:17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
Mar 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Mar 7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
Mar 7:20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

S

shekaniah

Good post Raymon! God Bless

Aug 1, 2009
Which means if we dont do that list of things what will happen???
According to the verses presented...

You will be barren and unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2Pet 1:8), you will be blind and will have forgotten that you've been purged from your old sins (2Pet 1:9), and you will fall (2Pet 1:9).

A

Abiding

According to the verses presented...

You will be barren and unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (2Pet 1:8), you will be blind and will have forgotten that you've been purged from your old sins (2Pet 1:9), and you will fall (2Pet 1:9).
Exactly....i love this section of scripture...so full...like a spiritual checkup.

Jun 24, 2010
Ramon,

Can you give us an example of those exceeding great and precious promises that have been provided in scripture and explain how the believer becomes a partaker of God's divine nature through them to escape the corruption that is in the world through lust?

R

Ramon

Ramon,

Can you give us an example of those exceeding great and precious promises that have been provided in scripture and explain how the believer becomes a partaker of God's divine nature through them to escape the corruption that is in the world through lust?
Well, that is a lot of words that I don't know about.

If I had to answer it, I would say Jesus Christ. All of it is in Jesus Christ. All the promises of God and the divine nature, who also overcame the corruption that is in the world through lust. And he is precious, the promised King, the promised atonement for sin.

All of the scripture points to him, and if it points to another, it is not of God.

May Jesus bless you.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Here,s one:
2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea and in him Amen,unto the glory of God by us.

R

Ramon

Here,s one:
2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea and in him Amen,unto the glory of God by us.
WOW! Yes, in who? JESUS CHRIST!!