If you have fully recovered from COVID-19, you may be able to help patients currently fighting the infection by donating your plasma

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Donate COVID-19 Plasma
If you have fully recovered from COVID-19, you may be able to help patients currently fighting the infection by donating your plasma. Because you fought the infection, your plasma now contains COVID-19 antibodies. These antibodies provided one way for your immune system to fight the virus when you were sick, so your plasma may be able to be used to help others fight off the disease. [Source/More Info @ NIH]

God bless the healers and those of charitable heart. Amen.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
well, I'm over it. Believe me.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
some people are already volunteering...but are proper vaccine may be a year away. The only concern is the virus may have mutated by then.

Otherwise build up your immunity by staying healthy, when the spanish flu was going round in 1918, it was proven that garlic was effective in providing immunity. Aside from hygiene measures, people ought to look to herbs and the plants God gave us for healing.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
some people are already volunteering...but are proper vaccine may be a year away. The only concern is the virus may have mutated by then.

Otherwise build up your immunity by staying healthy, when the spanish flu was going round in 1918, it was proven that garlic was effective in providing immunity. Aside from hygiene measures, people ought to look to herbs and the plants God gave us for healing.
Garlic also aids in social distancing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In the Bible, hyssop was used. In fact it was commanded that the Israelites use hyssop when plague hit them.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I fully support your plea for plasma donation. A similar plan is going on here in the UK. Unfortunately some on site are in denial that
the virus even exists or advocate Quack remedies. I have been called ignorent to believe in it. I pray that they never have the misfortune of being proved wrong at first hand. My Sister in Law is a senior Nurse. She has to have full protection working in a hospital where eight out of ten wards are full of Corona patients. She has to shower and wash her clothes when she comes home
She and my Brother in Law have to use separate rooms in their house. Of course some may think she is ignorant or part of a fiendish plot.

acts5_29

Apr 17, 2020
I'm hearing that the plasma treatments are working, as well. Not sure why this is not getting more airtime. Just like New York just completed a huge study on hydroxychloroquine, 1,600 people. The results of the study were sealed and delivered to the Executive Branch of the government, and nobody else.

As I understand it, you are especially valuable if you have successfully fought off Covid and have type A/B/AB blood. Plasma works the opposite of whole blood: when you donate whole blood, type O- is considered the universal donor. i.e. O- can donate to anybody, but if you need a transfusion you can only receive O- blood. Plasma is the opposite: AB+ is the universal donor, but you can only receive other AB+ plasma.

Dec 30, 2019
it was proven that garlic was effective in providing immunity.
Eucalyptus is anti viral and can be inhaled into the lungs. Even you can put Eucalyptus oil in with your humidifier to break up the congestion in the lung from a respiratory virus. Also a hot shower with lots of steam can help to break up that congestion. They do not actually have to get into the shower, just inhale the steam. Croup is a viral infection that they use steam to treat.

They sell Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor starting at $20 so people can monitor themselves to be sure the body is getting enough oxygen. Fitbit can monitor oxygen to alert people if their levels are getting low and they need to get treatment. When I exercise I get real good reading. So for me steam and exercise helps me to clear out my lungs. Also there are breathing exercises that helps.

E

EleventhHour

Immunology ... exposure to viruses and bacteria is what develops our immune system... it causes the development of antigens and antibodies.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Some of us have probably been exposed to COVID-19 and only had mild symptoms and think we never got it, but are carrying the antibiotics that others need....and don’t even know it........:unsure:

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Some of us have probably been exposed to COVID-19 and only had mild symptoms and think we never got it, but are carrying the antibiotics that others need....and don’t even know it........:unsure:
Some of us have been exposed to 1000 different cold and flu germs and never got anything except mild symptoms of worrying that we might get it. The only cold I ever caught was when I worried about catching it, and my mom told me to "dress warm or you might catch a cold," so I didn't. But I still didn't catch a cold anyways.
But, sometimes I worry I might pee my pants laughing about some of the things Lafftur posts, and tears about sad things about mutual love in church and relationships.
WE all love Lafftur, even though we hardly know her.
But, I can't understand why anyone would love her either....

But, I remember my best friend Mary who lived next door, and I was sad because she did have a cold for days, and when I visited her she looked really sad, even though she said she was ok. And I felt helpless and wondered why she had to go through that and I guess it was because they didn't have much cold remedies in the 60's, or no one in her family knew how to buy her some cold medicine from the drug store? I asked her why she wasn't in school for so many days, and why there was a pile of tissues by her chair about 2 feet high? It was very sad. She was suffering and I didn't understand why there could be so many tissues, and why no one could help her. Even though she said she was ok, I knew she was pretty miserable for many days. Doesn't make sense.

Why do these things happen? Her family was a large family, and she lived next door to a doctor, and the doctor's clueless kid couldn't figure out how to help her. But, I never forgot how much she suffered from the flu which can linger as a cold for so long and how helpless I felt. But, she recovered, and used to drop by and make me sing this silly song with her about giving her roses. And she made homemade egg nogg, and I said that it was gross to drink raw eggs, So she kicked me out of her kitchen. But, she might have listened to my advice about heating the egg nogg, but she would never admit it.

Then we had a Christmas play, and she was,....well, Mary. And she was shocked, that I thought Joseph was Jesus and she had to explain to me that the baby was Jesus. She said, "Don't you even know who Jesus is?" I said, "Why is Jesus the baby and not Joseph?" She explained that was what Christmas was all about - when Christ was born.

The teacher said I could be a shepherd, and I was worried I would mess it up, But he said that all I had to do was walk up the aisle, and even I could handle that. She always was the Sunday school teacher's pet, even though my mother was the Sunday school teacher, and she won a prize for learning the Bible verses. But, my mother kicked my brother and I out of her class because we were so clueless about the Bible. But, he eventually got a theology degree, and we argued about the Bible for 20 years.

I told her I was in love with her, but she said, "I don't like you Harold." I still like the doctor's kid from the last doctor who lived next door. I asked her why she like him, when he had moved away, and not me when I still lived there. But, she couldn't quite explain, but she nick named me, "Harry Ecclesiastes." Even though I had no clue what she was talking about, I never forgot.

Then we moved away in a hurry, and I never got to say goodbye.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Some of us have been exposed to 1000 different cold and flu germs and never got anything except mild symptoms of worrying that we might get it. The only cold I ever caught was when I worried about catching it, and my mom told me to "dress warm or you might catch a cold," so I didn't. But I still didn't catch a cold anyways.
But, sometimes I worry I might pee my pants laughing about some of the things Lafftur posts, and tears about sad things about mutual love in church and relationships.
WE all love Lafftur, even though we hardly know her.
But, I can't understand why anyone would love her either....

But, I remember my best friend Mary who lived next door, and I was sad because she did have a cold for days, and when I visited her she looked really sad, even though she said she was ok. And I felt helpless and wondered why she had to go through that and I guess it was because they didn't have much cold remedies in the 60's, or no one in her family knew how to buy her some cold medicine from the drug store? I asked her why she wasn't in school for so many days, and why there was a pile of tissues by her chair about 2 feet high? It was very sad. She was suffering and I didn't understand why there could be so many tissues, and why no one could help her. Even though she said she was ok, I knew she was pretty miserable for many days. Doesn't make sense.

Why do these things happen? Her family was a large family, and she lived next door to a doctor, and the doctor's clueless kid couldn't figure out how to help her. But, I never forgot how much she suffered from the flu which can linger as a cold for so long and how helpless I felt. But, she recovered, and used to drop by and make me sing this silly song with her about giving her roses. And she made homemade egg nogg, and I said that it was gross to drink raw eggs, So she kicked me out of her kitchen. But, she might have listened to my advice about heating the egg nogg, but she would never admit it.

Then we had a Christmas play, and she was,....well, Mary. And she was shocked, that I thought Joseph was Jesus and she had to explain to me that the baby was Jesus. She said, "Don't you even know who Jesus is?" I said, "Why is Jesus the baby and not Joseph?" She explained that was what Christmas was all about - when Christ was born.

The teacher said I could be a shepherd, and I was worried I would mess it up, But he said that all I had to do was walk up the aisle, and even I could handle that. She always was the Sunday school teacher's pet, even though my mother was the Sunday school teacher, and she won a prize for learning the Bible verses. But, my mother kicked my brother and I out of her class because we were so clueless about the Bible. But, he eventually got a theology degree, and we argued about the Bible for 20 years.

I told her I was in love with her, but she said, "I don't like you Harold." I still like the doctor's kid from the last doctor who lived next door. I asked her why she like him, when he had moved away, and not me when I still lived there. But, she couldn't quite explain, but she nick named me, "Harry Ecclesiastes." Even though I had no clue what she was talking about, I never forgot.

Then we moved away in a hurry, and I never got to say goodbye.
Hello sweet and wonderful Herald! :love:

Your posts are fun to read..... you are quite the "ponderer" and great story teller and I absolutely love your humor.......:unsure::giggle::love:(y)

Great to hear from you, sorry about Mary.....:( I like the name "Harry Ecclesiastes".....lol! :giggle:

Have a great day, God bless you! :love:(y)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Eucalyptus is anti viral and can be inhaled into the lungs. Even you can put Eucalyptus oil in with your humidifier to break up the congestion in the lung from a respiratory virus. Also a hot shower with lots of steam can help to break up that congestion. They do not actually have to get into the shower, just inhale the steam. Croup is a viral infection that they use steam to treat.

They sell Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor starting at $20 so people can monitor themselves to be sure the body is getting enough oxygen. Fitbit can monitor oxygen to alert people if their levels are getting low and they need to get treatment. When I exercise I get real good reading. So for me steam and exercise helps me to clear out my lungs. Also there are breathing exercises that helps.
australia has heaps of eucaltyptus, and with the recent bush fires where many of the leaves went up in smoke its probably already given the aussies a lot of immunity. They would just go outside and breathe it in.

other good antiviral plants include

oregano
sweet wormwood
thyme
manuka, totara
chinchona (from which we get quinine)
sage

lambs ears can also be used as wet wipes and even toilet paper.

a lot of people dont actually know what to do if they get a cold or flu. they think thy ought to go to a doctor and get antibiotics. The silly thing is some doctors would encourage this ignorance as a way of obtaining revenue cos you have to pay to see a doctor. antibiotics actually dont do anything for a cold or flu they are just a placebo. then people in ignorance would spread it round cos they were not actually advised by these doctors to STAY HOME and rest.

and then because of over prescription for antibiotics, you get bacteria that become resistant to them and it makes things even worse for your general health. because if you go on too many antibiotics, the good bacteria in your gut are depleted. then you have to take even more drugs. and the drug companies are only too happy to supply them and keep you depended on meds forever. Its a cash cow for the pharma industry.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the other thing ignorant GPs would do is pescribe painkillers and paracetomal, and cough medicine. well with cough medicine people were using it to manufacture P.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Hello sweet and wonderful Herald! :love:

Your posts are fun to read..... you are quite the "ponderer" and great story teller and I absolutely love your humor.......:unsure::giggle::love:(y)

Great to hear from you, sorry about Mary.....:( I like the name "Harry Ecclesiastes".....lol! :giggle:

Have a great day, God bless you! :love:(y)
Thank-you for writing daughter of Zion, sister Lafftur! You look a lot like her when she was younger. I think that's what got me started writing -
If I remember, Ecclesiastes had a few issues-- but not me... I left her, she didn't leave me...

If you haven't seen it, this video in a forum thread has lightened the mood of many during a serious time.
Take good care! Always nice to see you in Christian forum! :)

https://www.youtube.com/

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
I'm hearing that the plasma treatments are working, as well. Not sure why this is not getting more airtime. Just like New York just completed a huge study on hydroxychloroquine, 1,600 people. The results of the study were sealed and delivered to the Executive Branch of the government, and nobody else.

As I understand it, you are especially valuable if you have successfully fought off Covid and have type A/B/AB blood. Plasma works the opposite of whole blood: when you donate whole blood, type O- is considered the universal donor. i.e. O- can donate to anybody, but if you need a transfusion you can only receive O- blood. Plasma is the opposite: AB+ is the universal donor, but you can only receive other AB+ plasma.
A neurologist told me last summer when I was feeling weak with unknown causes, to drink a lot of balanced electrolyte sports drinks with sodium, magnesium, potassium, iron supplements, and green leafy vegetables. When I collapsed in a medical office, they checked me for low blood sugar (glucose) and red blood cell, and white blood cell counts, and my heart was normal. One emergency room doctor said to add water to apple juice since I was not drinking enough water. Dehydration can cause many health problems. Feeling much better these days when I eat a healthy well balanced diet! Medical diagnosis can be very complex and takes time to determine a myriad of possible causes of many complex conditions. Doctors and other medical providers may not say much, for good reasons, but they have studied for decades, and know that it's not in the best interest of patients to rush into any diagnoses. In my situation last summer, if I remember right, there were concerns about mild pancreatitis, PTSD (anxiety attacks) and cardio-vascular concerns, especially a diet high in carbohydrates and fats. When I was homeless and living in my car, I was not thinking about a healthy diet, but was glad to be able to buy food, but was eating a whole bag of potato chips and chip dip and a lot of yogurt, which is healthy, but should be balanced with other foods. In the emergency room, I heard an angelic ladies voice in my mind saying: "you're killing yourself with your diet." But, I'm healthy, healed and well now, and feel much better when I get plenty of good rest and read the Bible and get my mind off of stress and try to remember the words of Jesus: "My peace I give you; My peace I leave with you. Not as the world gives, give I unto you." Peace be with you. Be healed in Jesus Holy Name.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
welll fresh clean water is essential for almost anyone, three days without it and you would be dead.