If you know what to do, why don't you do (or do the opposite)?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
If you know what to do, why don't you do (or do the opposite)?

We profess to love Christ, to believe in Him. Notwithstanding, how far is this truth?

• “He who has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me shall be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will reveal Myself to him.” (John 14:21).
  • “Jesus answered and said to him, If a man loves Me, he will keep My Word. And My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him.” (John 14:23).

Do we really have delight in Jesus’ presence and His word (Psalms 37:4), or are we cultivating some pet sin? If this is the case, see the reprimand of the Holy Scripture:

• “I have seen your adulteries, and your neighings, the wickedness of your fornication, and your abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe to you, O Jerusalem! Will you not be made clean? How long will it still be?” (Jer 13:27);
  • “O Jerusalem, cleanse your heart from evil so that you may be saved. How long shall your vain thoughts lodge within you?” (Jer 4:14).
  • “And Elijah came to all the people and said, How long are you limping over two opinions? If Jehovah is God, follow Him. But if Baal is God, then follow him. And the people did not answer him a word.” (1Ki 18:21).

How long do we vacillate between our faith and Jesus’ faith (see Galatians 2:20)? Even when do we go to remember of Jesus in our ways and dreams, instead of seek out to know Jesus’ alliance with us (Psalms 25:14)?

If we really loved Jesus, we would rejoice that His will was fulfilled in us (John 4:34; Hebrews 10:7,9), instead of trying to coerce Him to do our will.

• “He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk even as He walked.” (1Jn 2:6).

So, have a good week taking seriously Jesus commandments. After all,

• “For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments, and His commandments are not burdensome.” (1Jn 5:3).