If you like to use cash money or checks instead of credit or debit cards, give me a shout.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I prefer cash and check but i use everything else when I have too. I think we should be able to choose which we want and not be forced into cashless. Cashless is putting way too much trust into megatrillion bank industries, They dont have all that money and power for no reason.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
Cashless is like having your money forever out of reach. You can never touch it again. Its stuck in a computer program. That would be a nightmare for an old tightwad like me.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
Maybe you might let her know about face value of real silver...what is it now 18 times?
Yeah, she doesnt understand so I try not to torment her with that stuff. I was taught alot of my money habits starting at 5 but I realize not everyone has that kind of upbringing.

Mosie

May 30, 2022
If the world obeyed the Lord, the nations would use precious metals and fair barter. Just weights and measures are mentioned more than once as is not charging brothers interest . The most wicked people took over the economic controls of all financial institutions just like mafias promote gambling and prostitution/trafficking. Gvts have an industry of wars to farm, manufacture and sell drugs,ie Afghanistan. All of the above and more are contrived and controlled by the villains of this evil world.

Look at the temples they put on the $s.
I don't think it's sinful to use their system of money, like cash/ frns, but someday; perhaps soon it will become the difference between a commitment to the beast/ antichrist or not.

I have a LOT of problems with the current systems, every one of them.
AMEN AMEN and AMEN...we don't even have 'money', we have promissory notes....I love it when people check $20 and $50 bills to see if they are 'counterfeit'...sometimes I say...they are ALL counterfeit...but I've learned to keep those comments to myself. Someone has to seek out that knowledge to receive it.

Mosie

May 30, 2022
Yeah, she doesnt understand so I try not to torment her with that stuff. I was taught alot of my money habits starting at 5 but I realize not everyone has that kind of upbringing.
I for one, and probably others here would like to hear your thoughts on money...would you outline them for us? We probably agree on alot of the items.
That would be the start of a good discussion....

Mosie

May 30, 2022
I only use cash.
Do not have a credit card and never use the debit card my bank gave me.
Just do not like the idea of what I buy or where I buy it to be known by everyone.
If the business will not take cash, I will go somewhere else.
I left over $200 worth of food at Walmart register a few weeks ago because they would take cash after it was checked out.
Just said no thanks and walked out.
Really! Walmart turned down cash? That's amazing....that's the craziest thing I've heard.

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
Really! Walmart turned down cash? That's amazing....that's the craziest thing I've heard.
I have been told they often only have one or two registers that take cash in some stores and on occasion no registers.
Does seem strange.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I for one, and probably others here would like to hear your thoughts on money...would you outline them for us? We probably agree on alot of the items.
That would be the start of a good discussion....
Lets say there were 100 people on an island. One person manufactured 100,000 dollars in 1 dollar bills and he told the rest, im going to loan each of you 1000 dollars so we can have an active trade and monetary system. However, you will have to pay the money back to me in interest because I made it.

So 10 pay theirs back quickly because they had been hired to build houses by the others. Over time 50 more payed theirs back. And even a few more. But the last few couldnt because there is no more money in circulation. all 100,000 is back in the hands of th man who created it so the last to pay have no money left to pay because it took the interest they owed to pay him. so the man says the only way to pay me, is to borrow more to pay me.

so the man now has his 100k back plus a few owe him.

Thats our money system. Its designed so that people WILL go broke. That way society is forever in debt to those who create money.

Banks create money. And someone is going broke every time they do.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
As far as my own money habits:

1. Im not in debt, if I borrow I borrow from myself out of a 401k for cars, home improvement etc.

2. I hide money from myself and my wife. I have a 401k, ira, a cd, stocks, a vacation account, and a few other accounts to make the money hard to get to.

3. I own stuff that holds value. I own a Jeep, camry, f150 and a motorcycle that holds value. i could sell my jeep and motorcycle for more than i bought them for. my home is was built in the 60s so its pretty solid and ii keep it up.

4. Me nor my wife make big purchases without each other

5. I pray about the money we spend and we pay our tithes and i dont think its Gods will for us to be rich so I dont try.

Mosie

May 30, 2022
Awesome! Thank you for sharing!!!!! There's a good book called, "The Millionaire next door" have you read it? He talks along these lines.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
We have a fiat money system. The money in circulation has nothing to back it up except "blue sky". It's not a commodity or anything....it's a measure of value but not intrinsically valuable in itself.

Russia, after the USSR collapsed financially had to go through three different currencies issued before the current one finally stabilized. Fiat money systems always fail and they don't end well when they do end.
And the current Ruble is on the edge of collapse now.
The Euro isn't looking too good either....especially with two nations having huge debts to their central bank that they never will be able to pay even the interest on the money they owe.

China is currently having a cash and institutional paper (bond) crisis....makes the USA's problems seem minor by comparison.

We currently have very few mortgages being applied for but very low inventory of available houses for sale. China has enough EMPTY unsold APARTMENTS to house every Chinese citizen twice.
And that's just the empty ones. Obviously the bonds for these apartment complexes are worthless.

So....
These crisis have yet to be realized....yet but are coming. The USA's economy is looking for a soft landing and we'll find out by January if it's trymue.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Just as an addendum to what I wrote above....
The USA is experiencing one of its slowest population growth periods in its history.

We aren't having any children. And despite the huge amount of fussing immigration (legal and illegal) is insufficient to keep up with the shortfall.
The last time this was experienced was during the Great Depression where often children were abandoned and died by malnutrition and illness. Parents abandoned their children instead of watching them starve to death.

Today's lack of population growth is stemming from contraceptives, abortion, disease damages(Covid-19), and lack of marriages.

Those young couples who do make it through all of that then are not having the normal 2.5 children but instead are having 1.3 children claiming financial problems as a chief reason. (2 income household being the norm instead of the exception)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Zandar is my best friend so nothing I have to say on this topic will be new to him. But for the rest of the community I will say:

I like using cash, but even that can be watered down. Notice how prices have jumped this year? Even precious metals fluctuate in value. Nothing is REALLY secure. Never has been.

But I do still like using cash.

Automatic bill pay makes me nervous. What if I don't have the money to pay that bill? I always make sure I do, but what happens if I don't? And the way companies pressure you to set a bill to be paid automatically makes me suspicious.

I don't have a credit card. They make me nervous too. (Yes my credit score is literally nonexistent - guy at the bank said the computer can't even assign me a score.) I do have a debit card for online purchases, but it is connected to a checking account that only ever has what I am about to spend online. Even if someone does get my card number, they won't find any money to get.

Nothing is REALLY secure, so I'm not going to break myself trying to make it secure. But I can take a few simple steps to at least minimize risks.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
$2,000 a month UBI still being promoted on YouTube.

View attachment 257494
All that stuff gonna rot your brain. Everybody on those sites is just feeding you the "news" they know you want to hear, basically "The side you are against is EEEEEEVIL!" (Not saying they ain't evil, not saying they are, just saying those news sites profit a LOT from yelling about them.)