If you made $45000 a year

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Not doing anything what would you do with it?
What do you mean by "not doing anything"? Do you mean if that was extra money, on top of our regular salaries, that we just got for free?

DRobinson

Aug 23, 2023
$45,000 a year is not a great deal of money today. There are many places in the US it would not be a livable wage.
Some may say I do not do anything for the money I receive every year because I have been retired for 17 years now.
BUT, I worked 50 plus hours a week for almost 50 years, paying a large percentage of my income in taxes and making my employer millions of dollars.
What I receive today is just reward for my past labor and it is barely enough to live on at today's prices.

Dec 24, 2022
UK
If I had that kind of money to spare I would Learn to invest or find a financial adviser. It would be wasting away in a bank.

I have never done investing but it sounds both fun and fearful at the same time. Risk taking is not my idea of a good time but if we trust someone enough to do it for you, you could make a steady profit.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
First fruits go back to the Lord, although He owns and provided everything I have.
The rest go to necessities. Any left over might go to home improvement like buying the stainless double walled chimney I need to install my wood stove. You'd think they made them of platinum.

Oct 15, 2022
I would purchase a fixer upper house and remodel it. You can have family live in it or you can sell it.

An old automobile would be fun to restore.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Not doing anything what would you do with it?
Do you mean $45,000/yr income, or $45,000/yr extra income?

If I had an extra $45,000/year, I'd pay the tuition for my great grandchildren and others to attend a Christian

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
First fruits go back to the Lord, although He owns and provided everything I have.
The rest go to necessities. Any left over might go to home improvement like buying the stainless double walled chimney I need to install my wood stove. You'd think they made them of platinum.
I think if I was handed $45K right now (currently a lower middle-class salary in the US for those outside), I'd give the tenth to God, taxes to Uncle Sam, and the rest would go into my emergency fund, as I'm currently unemployed. If I found a job soon, I'd likely split that four ways between future emergency savings, investing in my retirement, some charities, and what I call my discretionary fund (fun money).

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I think if I was handed $45K right now (currently a lower middle-class salary in the US for those outside), I'd give the tenth to God, taxes to Uncle Sam, and the rest would go into my emergency fund, as I'm currently unemployed. If I found a job soon, I'd likely split that four ways between future emergency savings, investing in my retirement, some charities, and what I call my discretionary fund (fun money).
Sounds wise.
I will pray for you friend. Remind me any time.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
i would move to a poor community with that low salary.