If you were a storybook character, who would you be?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
If you were a storybook character, who would you be?

I got this idea from watching the show Once Upon A Time where the characters from fairy tales are trapped in a modern day town and they don't remember who they really are. Its a good show.

You can choose from books, movies, songs, etc..

P

Powemm

The tree ... In the book "The Giving Tree"

P

psychomom

not single, but may I take a crack at it? :eek:

definitely Cinderella.
dirty and working, working, working, in bondage to someone (something) else.
seen by the Prince! (the King of Kings) :)
cleaned up and given new clothes, as if by magic!
rescued from bondage and seated on a throne!
loved forever!

yup--definitely Cinderella. :)

A

arwen83

Ariel from Little Mermaid

Defiance of authority that is trying to suppress her dreams, adventure, danger, searching for treasure, she has a great voice, have a butler crab and fish friend. Meets the prince she originally saved from drowning, has a variety of animals sing to you and the prince while on a boat. And possessing many thingamabobs and dinglehoppers!

Attachments

J

Jullianna

Merida....................... brave.jpg

L

libertygirl

Molly Gibson from Wives & Daughters

W

wwjd_kilden

Hmmm.....

I wish I was Dickon from The Secret Garden. (He's a young boy that spends much of his time roaming the hillsides and is very in tune with nature)

Jul 25, 2012
There are times where I feel like The Little Engine That Could. But I wouldn't say that story mirrors my own.

L

Lightwalker

I think I'd probably choose Wolverine. For those who don't know the character, he's a mutant with animal senses and claws that pop out from between his knuckles.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Hard to say...as there are a great many...and who I want to be or am? They could be anything one...but if I have to choose someone, then I'm Gandalf, son!

Last edited:
N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Feona from Shrek.

No. Serioisly. Her.

H

hreis

I guess I would be Hould Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye. When I was a teen and I first read Salinger's novel I felt like "how can this guy know so much about me without even knowing me?"
It was definitely akward and impressive at the same time.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
lightwalker said:
I think I'd probably choose Wolverine. For those who don't know the character, he's a mutant with animal senses and claws that pop out from between his knuckles.

Don't forget the indestructible skeleton and basic immortality through his healing factors...those are the good points.

I'd probably have to be either Tony Stark, The Doctor, or someone with almost limitless power like a character from a book called urza who is basically who constrained at what he can do by what he can think of.

Z

zaoman32

Bruce Wayne...rich, buff, smart, with selina kyle to boot, not to mention he's batman...take out the bad guy, lot's of stuff, and catwoman to boot.

T

Tearose84

Belle..from Beauty and the Beast

A

arwen83

I guess I would be Hould Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye. When I was a teen and I first read Salinger's novel I felt like "how can this guy know so much about me without even knowing me?"
It was definitely akward and impressive at the same time.
I think he represented a lot of adolescents, feeling lost in the world, searching for authenticity, conflicting feelings. But he was mentally ill. I did a psych paper on him last semester and a possible diagnosis. It was very interesting to read that book again and not from adolescent's perspective when I had first read it in highschool, but through psychological lens.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I should probably remind everyone that the Bible qualifies as a storybook too.

P

Precious_Sunflower

I am Mulan.
:)

surprisingrose

Dec 30, 2011
I'm not sure, but I have always fancied myself a Bell, in Beauty an the Beast.

Jul 25, 2005
I'll divide them in to classes.

Class 1: What other people tell me.

Sherlock Holmes, Dr. House, Tony Stark, Star Trek TNG's Q (not to be confused with 007's Q), Commander Data, Peter O'Toole's TE Lawrence, Ash from Alien, Dr. Emmet Brown, Downton Abbey's Violet (random, yes?)

These were results collected over the years. What I find entertaining is that they are typically either Androids, Mad Scientists, and generally condescending jerks.

Class 2: My Choices

From Dostoevksy: The Dreamer of "White Nights" who dreams of romance so vividly that he never truly finds it. Razumikhin of Crime and Punishment who is a principled and well-socialized for Roskolnikov. On the flipside I identified with Rogozhin in The Idiot more than any of the other characters and he was most definitely the darker of the two foiled protagonists.

Ender from Orson Scott Card's famous series. He came, he saw, he conquered, and he walked into a different lifestyle thereafter. More or less what I am trying to do with my life.

As a kid...Jack the Giant Killer...always Jack the Giant Killer. Look out world.

Gandalf too. I wouldn't claim his mantle of wisdom or intelligence, but I can identify with his attempt to empower the common people in a fight against tyranny in which it often seems hopeless.

That and I am quoted by close friends as saying that politics should be put in context as a War of the Ring, not a Game of Thrones. Hardyharhar