If your parents are evolutionists....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

I was just thinking..

If a kid has parents who believe in evolution, they can get away with anything..

Think about it, lil Johnny takes some cookies from the cookie jar when parents aren't lookin, or lil Susie floods the sink with water when parents are in the other room............

When dad and mom come and see the lost cookies or the flooded sink and asked how it happened..

The kid can just answer..........

It happened on its own....

And the parents might actually believe it!

Just a thought that crossed my mind this morning :D

Jul 29, 2009
I was just thinking..

If a kid has parents who believe in evolution, they can get away with anything..

Think about it, lil Johnny takes some cookies from the cookie jar when parents aren't lookin, or lil Susie floods the sink with water when parents are in the other room............

When dad and mom come and see the lost cookies or the flooded sink and asked how it happened..

Was this an original thought that crossed your mind or was it somebody else's? The reason I ask is because it sounds kind of familiar. I think I saw something like it in an email or another forum somewhere.

M

mcap

The difference between creationists and evolutionists was explained to me like this;
creationists believe in an omnipotent GOD
evolutionists believe in an omnipotent CHANCE

1still_waters

Was this an original thought that crossed your mind or was it somebody else's? The reason I ask is because it sounds kind of familiar. I think I saw something like it in an email or another forum somewhere.
It crossed my mind, but I'm sure some version is floating out there..

jjkg

May 25, 2005
Great! ..and yet very true :)

J0Y

Mar 7, 2009
LOL @ the complexity and mystery that is: Stillys mind :p

L

Lindqvist

The difference between creationists and evolutionists was explained to me like this;
Creationists believe things that go against proven facts.
Evolutionists believe things that can be proven. We can trace everything back to big bang. But nothing says that god did not start big bang, after all seven days is a human term, time seems irrelevant to an omnipotent god

BLU

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Creationists believe things that go against proven facts.
Evolutionists believe things that can be proven. We can trace everything back to big bang. But nothing says that god did not start big bang, after all seven days is a human term, time seems irrelevant to an omnipotent god
Christians live by faith and are spiritual beings. Scientist live by material facts, both are good things, it is the guessing hypothisis that cannot be counted as truth as well as the false prophet that says all is well when it is not well.

G

Groundhog

I was just thinking..

You do know that some of the smartest people in the world for the last century have supported the theory of Evolution because of mounting evidence, right? To believe in evolution is to follow the evidence and facts, and to listen to the experts in the fields of cosmology and biology. Evolutionists are not stupid, and they would come to the same conclusion about Johnny or Susie as any Christian, Muslim, or Jainist with half a brain would.

In fact, an Evolutionist could make a similar observation:

If a kid has parents who believe in Intelligent Design, they could get away with anything.

Think about it. Little Johnny takes some cookies from the cookie jar when the parents aren't looking, or little Susie floods the sink with water when her parents are in the other room.

When mom and dad see the empty cookie jar or the flooded sink and ask how it happened, the kid can just answer...

God did it!

And the parent's might actually believe it!