Ignore Will Of Women Voters Inplies NOW Blogger

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

This one makes me giggle/chuckle/laugh.

A National Organization of 'liberal' Women blogger, writes about women rights in Muslim Bangledesh. She compares women rights there, to women rights in the USA.

This blogger points out that the Bangledesh parliamant has more women in it than the USA legislative branch. This is due to a quota system in Bangledesh. In other words, regardless of the will of the voters, Bangledesh MUST have a certain amount of women.

Our friendly blogger at NOlW, views this as something we should do.

There are a few reasons why Bangladesh has progressed further in electing women than the U.S. First, Bangladesh has a quota system reserving seats for women in the parliament. You might argue against affirmative action, but in the U.S., we are just not getting there without that extra push.
I don't think she gets the implications of what she's promoting.

With a quota system, someone may get put in office, even if women voted against said woman candidate! Thus going against the very will of the women they are claiming to stand for!

link---->Feminist Lessons to Learn from Muslim Nation of Bangladesh

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Huh. I wonder if women in Bangladesh are considered their husband's "property", as they are in many muslim societies.......equal rights for the WIN!

W

wwjd_kilden

if women had the same chance of being voted in (based on equal abilities ) in the first place, it would not be nessecary.

Men , even in the US, fear women, especially if they get to a high position...

K

kayem77

How can she even make that comparison when women in Bangladesh are often treated as property, as Snackers said? It's cool that they have women in the parliament but that doesn't change the fact that, in practice, women aren't given equal rights. Having women in high positions just for the sake of having women there is a facade,giving the impression that the regular woman has equal rights.

While I don't agree with some points of the Women Rights Agenda (abortion,homosexual rights, the denial that women are different from men basically) it's true that some people have made the battle worse using verbal attacks that were obviously out of place. I wish people stopped making this a battle of the sexes and just strive to make this a battle for human rights and dignity, remembering we were all made in God's image, and given different traits we must honor and take care of.

V

violakat

I say, we squash the current voting system. Design a new one that's blind voting, meaning we don't know who the candidates are. Each candidate has a resume of their qualifications for the job and what their view point is on different policies. This way we can ignore color and gender. Plus they are not allowed to develop campaigns. Hey, how can you vote bias, if you have no idea who the candidate is that you vote for. Not to mention getting rid of all those annoying political ads and phone surveys. And, we come closer to getting rid of political parties.

Tsalagi

Banned [Reason: ongoing "gay Christian" agenda --
May 19, 2012
The USA likes to consider itself a "fair and equal society" that is a world authority on human rights.

However, we have child soldiers (J-ROTC), genital mutilation (nonconsentual circumcision), sexism, racism, religious discrimination, homophobia, transphobia, poverty, disease, and poor health care.

Let women into power. There's no way a woman could be worse than Bush was. lol.

V

violakat

The USA likes to consider itself a "fair and equal society" that is a world authority on human rights.

However, we have child soldiers (J-ROTC), genital mutilation (nonconsentual circumcision), sexism, racism, religious discrimination, [/COLOR]homophobia, transphobia, poverty, disease, and poor health care.

Do you honestly believe that that is not in any country? Both 3rd World and 1st World Countries all have these type of problems.Oh and by the way, I'm not a big Bush supporter either, but he's not even remotely close to the reason why our country is in the shape it's in. Much of the policies were already in place before he stepped into office. As in the Clinton Era for credit cards and loans. And even Clinton was not the sole responsibility there, as there were problems handed to his administration from previous administrations, all the way back to who knows when. Part of the reason our country is in the shape it's in is because of the greed of the people who make it up. A good portion of the people are not satisfied with 1,500 sq ft home if the Jones have one that is 1501 sq ft. Nope, they then have to go out and bankrupt themselves by buying one that is 2000 sq ft, just to show up the Jones. Then, they have to get loans so they can but the latest Lamborghini or Jaguar. Then they have to run up millions on credit card debt just so the can have the latest fashion. And then when they can't pay their debt, guess who they blame: Bush. And yet, they can't even see how they are at fault with their on problem.

As for Transphobia and Homophobia, one is not transphobic or homophobic simply because they believe that is a sin. The fact is, for Christians there are multiple verses that not only suggest it's sin but also declare it sin. Just because one disagrees with that life style because we consider it sin, does not a make us phobic. If one treats people who are transgender or homosexual like they are non-humans, then that becomes a sin as well. As Christians, we are called to love people, just not there sin.

Last edited:

Tsalagi

May 19, 2012
Your religious beliefs aren't an excuse to deny people equal rights. And the USA is protesting child soldiers in Africa but we train child soldiers for our army.

J

jimmydiggs

Your religious beliefs aren't an excuse to deny people equal rights.
They have equal rights. Just as everyone else does in this world. Rights do not exist independent of God. (edited in for clarification: Having rights, and partaking in those rights are two different things)

You and they, are subject to God. End of story.

... we train child soldiers for our army.
What, the Boy Scouts?

Question: How many American Children are carrying AK's in Falujah or Kabul?

Tsalagi

May 19, 2012
High schools across America train child soldiers in their J-ROTC programs. We are training children for combat.

Funny you mention the Boy Scouts seeing as how homosexuals are forbidden from joining while saying homosexuals have equal rights.

D

djness

High schools across America train child soldiers in their J-ROTC programs. We are training children for combat.

Funny you mention the Boy Scouts seeing as how homosexuals are forbidden from joining while saying homosexuals have equal rights.
In 2000, the Supreme Court ruled in Boy Scouts of America v. Dale that Boy Scouts, and all private organizations, have the constitutionally protected right under the First Amendment of freedom of association to set membership standards.

I think you have more opinions then facts.

consider this thread derailed!!!

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, a woman ran for president the last go-round, but the Democratic voters chose someone else. Just because women seldom want to run for office doesn't mean that we aren't letting them into power. Women could ban together and only vote for women if we wanted to, but I'm thankful that I can choose to vote for a guy, if I'd rather ;).

This has been a paid presentation of a de-railing re-railment. Thank you, and goodnight

J

JJAC

If I'm not mistaken, a woman ran for president the last go-round, but the Democratic voters chose someone else. Just because women seldom want to run for office doesn't mean that we aren't letting them into power. Women could ban together and only vote for women if we wanted to, but I'm thankful that I can choose to vote for a guy, if I'd rather ;).

This has been a paid presentation of a de-railing re-railment. Thank you, and goodnight
This statement was brought to you by Snackers the mischievous son ;)

J

jimmydiggs

Apples and Oranges, but I see your point. I think what most people in America complain about (at least per my observation) is the age of the "Young'ns" and their usage in combat.

The ban on homosexuals is primarily to prevent sexual abuse. Since I am over 18 years of age, I am not allowed to be alone with one of the under 18 year old boys in my troop. There are age limits set on shower-houses, such as 11-13, 14-17, and so forth. The Boy Scouts is a very regulated organization. A hopeful leader has to do many things to become an official leader recognized by the BSA. The BSA is a very safety-oriented organization.

From 2002...

One such instance of sexual abuse is enough to make the case for the Scouts’ ban on homosexual scoutmasters, but Schwartz is far from the only example the Scouts have had to deal with. Ex-scoutmasters from Massachusetts and Iowa to Oklahoma and Utah have recently faced charges on such offenses. Cases of sexual abuse in the Scouts have been rising, going from 70 a year two decades ago to roughly 200 a year by the late 1990s. In a culture that increasingly sexualizes children and seeks to normalize homosexuality, no wonder the Scouts’ hold tight to their exclusionary policy. Parents won’t entrust their kids to the Scouts’ care if the organization can’t guarantee their safety.
Why the Scouts Ban Homosexuals by Stefan Kanfer, City Journal Winter 2002 <--- source (its clickable!)
Also, more importantly I see a major problem in that you seem to not hold much of a biblical world-view, if any at all. You proclaim to be a Christian (whether you are or are not isn't the matter so much), yet seem to profess strongly opinions that are not in keeping with scripture.

Dig in the word my friend. ;)

J

jimmydiggs

I didn't care for Bush #2 myself, but that's a bit of an old scapegoat. Find another please.

Also, women aren't powerless. At least not the one's I have been in contact with. Most women I know, actually want to care for their children, their family, their home, their community, etc.. and don't care about being in politics or some kind of superhero-CEO-rock star-mom.

I don't understand why the secular minded seem to be so anti-child, anti-family, anti-home, anti-community, and anti-womendoingwhattheywanttodandnotexploitingthemforpoliticalagendas.

S

systemdown101

Funny thing about that. I work with a few people who are very left of center at work, and they have bemoaned the lack of women at the top. But just mention Margaret Thatcher to them and they go insane. Or Sarah Palin. They almost foam at the mouth when her name comes up. When I said I would have voted for Condoleeza Rice for president, they looked at me as if I were some face-eating cannibal.

A real womens organization, I suppose, would be happy with any woman of any political stripe breaking the glass ceiling. But maybe that's just me.