I'm getting baptised, and I'm afraid

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

fredjames

Banned
Feb 7, 2013
1,276
21
0
I've never been baptised. I always thought I had been baptised as a baby but I wasn't. Mom wanted to let me grow up and make my OWN decision to follow God. And I did. When I was about 13 or 14 I asked Mom about being baptised, and she said I hadn't been and asked if I wanted to. I hesitated. I think it was more the fact I thought I was going to be baptised in front of a crowd and I don't like crowds AT ALL. But anyways I told her I'd think about it. And while I thought about it, I remembered something I'd done a few times a couple years earlier when I cursed God. Not angry, just said it and didn't think anything of it until I decided I wanted to truly complete my walk with the Lord. But I kept telling myself I would never be forgiven and God hated me, so I decided to let the matter sit and wait until I was 18. And then the fear went away, and I was able to go about life normally without a second thought. Then about 5 or 6 months ago I decided I was going to be baptised, afraid of crowds or not (It was a few days later I learned my Mom wanted to do a family baptism and we would be being baptised by a family member of ours that is a pastor and I didn't have to do it in front of a crowd) and this time I wasn't taking no for an answer. The fear steadily increased the longer I kept my decision. I'm getting baptised on Thursday June 25, 2015 and at the time I'm writing this, it's less than 48 hours from that time. This fear is peaked, and I told my Mom about it and she said she felt the same thing before she got baptised, and that it would get worse after my baptism for a little bit. I pray every single night and morning (All thought my prayers seem to be getting a bit repetitive and I need to figure out something new to talk to God about) but I still get this little voice in my head. And it's crazy because at night when everything starts winding down, I stop thinking about it and all the sudden I FEEL saved and I'm 100% positive about my salvation. Then during the day it starts all over again. If you guys can direct me to some sort of scripture or bible verse that can help me get through this it'd be much appreciated, thanks.

First of all, dearly beloved, how much GOD has 'revealed' to you about the 'Kingdom knowledge of the New Covenant/Testament', regarding 'baptism by faith'?

Only then, you are able to 'act' in 'action faith' according to 'as it is written' and not 'anybody' force you nor in harshness say, you should?

May GOD the FATHER of our LORD JESUS CHRIST bless and help you and others in 'confusion' and 'doubt', due to many 'false twisted doctrine of men', rather than 'as it is written' for our 'faith'.