Im in need of Christian Ears

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Laurian

Im not one to post things, but felt my need to reconnect with my faith. I am fast approaching the anniversaries of the deaths of both of my parents. My father died in 2003, and I lost my Mom only a short year ago. I feel battered and lost. Please...I need a kind ear.

K

katatat

hey... i'm here to listen if you'd like =)

and don't forget that God is always there to listen too. prayer has gotten me through some pretty crappy times. it can comfort like nothing else in this world can!

Jan 14, 2010

I'm with katatat on this... prayer is a beautiful and powerful thing. It helps us get in touch with our Heavenly Father
know that you do have family here, Laurian... you have an ENORMOUS family in Christ, who will pray for you, give you encouragement, and will be a brother or a sister to you.

I'm praying for you in all of this, and I know that our God is a loving God and He comforts His children in times of despair.. He holds you in His arms, lifts you up, gives you strength when you have none, and helps you continue in life

this forum really needs a hug smiley, so i dont have to copy and paste it every time

P

praise_love

There is no need to fear and worry about, because it is written in the word of God
"A mother may forget her sucking child, but i will not forget thee"
so there is a God who cares for us who has never forgotten us, though our father and mother
may leave us or forget us

B

brideofchrist

Hey Laurian :),
Firstly I just wanna say i am sorry to hear you lost your parents. I just want you to know today that God loves you :) He is your Father who always watches over you, walks beside you and holds your hand.
I love Psalm 139...you should try and read it when you can. It starts with the words " Oh God, you have searched me and you know me". It is so comforting for us as Christians to know that God who is our father knows everything about us. He knows what gets you down, what you feel sad about, what makes you smile...the pain and struggles we go through.....everything!
The psalm goes on to say that we can never ever escape the caring arms and presence of God. I love this line coz it shows us that even through our most trying and painful situations ...in those places and times where we may even start to doubt God's love and care.....he is still with us. he is with you Laurian. Just trust him...get into his presence everyday....just speak your heart out to him...whatever it is you are thinking about...be real with him. I agree with Katatat and Zilla....Prayer is so amazing and so powerful.....it can get you through the toughest of situations. What is so awesome is as you begin to pray and talk to God, you will begin to see just how faithful he is....that when He said.."I will never leave you nor forsake you", he meant every word. You will know in your heart that even though your parents are not here today, He is with you every step of the way. His love is like a strong tower....like a rock....yet so gentle...it will hold you and keep you from any harm , it will fight for you , look out for you, believe in you and carry you through the most difficult of times. Believe in Him....his love is unfailing. Just know that you are in his arms, that His eyes are always on you, his hand is always with you. He is never ever gonna let go no matter what. You are the apple of His eye Laurian and his thoughts for you are more than the grains of sand on the seashore. He has amazing plans for you and he will make all things beautiful in his time. Look to him, trust in Him, seek him.....and you will see and experience his ever loving presence....you will see that this God who created all things, who is so powerful , so magnificant, so big, the king of kings, the lord of lords......is totally in love with you. He is crazy about you laurian n I just want you to know that today :)

S

SeekinHIM

Precious Laurian,

I am praying for your healing and restoration................It is your BIRTHRIGHT in CHRIST. There is a ministry online that has a VERY POWERFUL teaching about this very situation you are going through. It's called www.laughcry.org Rev. John Chappell teaches about "soul ties", which simply means we get connected to others in our souls, and when they die, that connection has to be severed properly. Now this doesn't mean we forget them or never talk about them or any of that. Rather, it is a very healthy way for us to "let go'' of them so we can grieve their loss and remember the good, and go on in our lives.

There is a great release when you do this, and not only do you FEEL the overwhelming sense of GOD'S Love, but the re-assurance of them being in HIS hands. If you go online to the ministry mentioned above, there are all kinds of free teachings available for you. One of them is the lead book: Laugh and Cry Your Way to Freedom.............This book respecfully covers these types of issues, as well as divorce, abuse, etc., etc.

I know this will help you because my Sister went home to be with the LORD back in April of 09'. She was kinda' like the "cement" that kept my family together. It was sudden and shocking to say the least. No major previous illnesses. The LORD has walked me through this very, very, compassionately. I now have a great peace about her being there with HIM. I know this will help you tremendously, because it is working for many that learn how.

I will continue to pray for you as you CELEBRATE THEM, THROUGH YOUR HEALING.................

SeekinHIM

N

NoTearsShed

*HUGS* Feel free to message me i can listen/give advice =D
Remember this if they were God lovers/believers then they most likely are in a WAY better place than here on earth.
Its painful to think about that, Remember You are NOT alone. God is with you =D
The best father, friend , listener, helper , lover & protecter.
I prayed for you =)