I'm worried that I have the gift of celbusy. Is there anyway to know if I have it?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tegelik

Then be very happy, because once you meet the right one, this will all be even much much more special. I never had any real boyfriend myself before meeting my husband, he was the one I experienced my first kiss with, romantic hugs, and well, everything that there is in a relationship, and now also in marriage. I wanted everything to become more special when meeting the Right One for me, and it sure was. :)

My husband said that he didn't felt like many girls liked him either, but still, God made him meet me. ;) The right girl for you will certainly like you a lot, and why care about all the others when she will come by sometime and then become all yours? In the Right Timing, you will both meet, so just keep on holding on to God, and keep that faith up, because God will provide!
:) Yeah, why care if you don't have friends who are girls? You only need 1 girl to like you. Do you think that if girls don't generally like you, then you'll have less chances to find "the one"? It has got nothing to do with chances or luck.

L

Lifelike

I'm 20, and have no luck with girls. I've never even kissed a girl. Girls don't like me. I don't even any real friends that are girls.
u cant even spell it so i think ur ok :) lol

May 4, 2009
So how do I really know if God has it planned for me to have a wife or not?

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
You'll know you have the gift when you're dead never having been married or made any stupid mistakes. Until that moment everything is up in the air.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
So how do I really know if God has it planned for me to have a wife or not?
Ask Him.

As for me, I am 32 and in no hurry whatsoever. I enjoy being single. In fact, I pray that I remain so. To me, celibacy is a high calling, just as marriage is a high calling. I have been, am, and will remain celibate. If God calls me to marriage one day, so be it. I rejoice in all that I learn now as a single person. In my younger years, dating and marriage and such was a huge deal. Now, I am completely content to live out all my days single and celibate. :)

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
R

rainacorn

Nevermind, looks like God has given me the faith I need.
Gillis Triplett - Is It The Will of God For Me To Marry Or Remain Single?
Now I just need faith for it happen while I'm still young.
Why does it need to happen while you're still young?

God has a plan for you... trust Him. He has it all laid out. It may not happen on your timeline, but I would venture a guess and say His plan is better than anything you can come up with.

Stop focusing on the things you don't think God is giving you. No good can come from it. Quit whining and complaining that He hasn't done enough for you and isn't giving you everything you want. It's so insulting.

Why should we ask God for more blessings when we're doing nothing with the ones we already have?

C

CC_Bride

I'm 20, and have no luck with girls. I've never even kissed a girl. Girls don't like me. I don't even any real friends that are girls.
Trust me dude - You do NOT have the gift of celibacy. God would never give a gift to someone who would whine about it as much as you.

Why would God gift you with the soul of another person when you have issues with not even trusting him in the first place and you constantly fixate (ehem idolise..) on.

You're only 20 for crying out loud. My husband had to wait til he was 31 before he finally became content of Gods timing THEN God introduced me to him.

Everytime I see ANOTHER post written by you I want to smack my head against a brick wall because we all know what you're going to write, Every. Single. Time!

WHEN am I going to see a post written by you where you ask questions like

- How can I glorify Jesus without even thinking of my own desires and wants?
- How can I financially, mentally, emotionally, spiritually prepare myself for a lifetime of service to my future wife, children and grandchildren?
- How can I unselfishly serve my country, community, church, pastors without expecting reward for myself.
- How can I learn to be content with rewards that come from heaven and not this world?
- How can I honour and respect my parents, siblings and relatives til the day I die.
- How can I fulfill and complete the work of the Kingdom that God has set aside for me?
(All without mentioning one word of your lack of girlfriend or your overanalysing your and denegrating your own personality that God has given you).

BUT no, its always - Wa wa wa Me me me, poor poor me! Im a victim! Even though Jesus loves me unconditionally thats not good enough for me so Im going to make people pull their hair out with my whining about it.

Heres a bible verse for you from Job (before I go crazy, hunt you down and physically hit you over the head with a bible)

Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm: “Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me."

Job 40:6-7

Modern translation - put a cup on!

Mar 19, 2010
I haven't read all of the posts but I will keep this very simple.

God, when we become christians, gives us new hearts and new passions. If you have a passion to get married and to have kids than I doubt you have that gift.

May 4, 2009
You're only 20 for crying out loud. My husband had to wait til he was 31 before he finally became content of Gods timing THEN God introduced me to him.

- How can I glorify Jesus without even thinking of my own desires and wants?
- How can I financially, mentally, emotionally, spiritually prepare myself for a lifetime of service to my future wife, children and grandchildren?
- How can I unselfishly serve my country, community, church, pastors without expecting reward for myself.
- How can I learn to be content with rewards that come from heaven and not this world?
- How can I honour and respect my parents, siblings and relatives til the day I die.
- How can I fulfill and complete the work of the Kingdom that God has set aside for me?
(All without mentioning one word of your lack of girlfriend or your overanalysing your and denegrating your own personality that God has given you).
I'm actually 23 now not 20, and I'll be 24 in 2 more months.

And just because you're not seeing me asking those questions doesn't mean I'm not thinking about them.

C

CC_Bride

I'm actually 23 now not 20, and I'll be 24 in 2 more months.

And just because you're not seeing me asking those questions doesn't mean I'm not thinking about them.

Then why not type about something else instead of being a tortured broken record for crying out loud? Why do you talk about the same thing over and over again? Ive been with CC since 2008 and Ive never heard you talk about anything else.
I don't care if your 20, 23 or 30, you act as if God is doing you (and the whole world) a huge injustice by not giving you a girlfriend. And the more you whine about it (about every week it feels) the more I am convinced God is holding back women from you because of your attitude.

You remind me of multiple people I have known throughout my life who in the company of others do nothing but doubt and self denigrate themselves in order to be spoon fed tid bits of encouragement by those around them and it becomes so addictive because people are pulling you up not you yourself and the new people here don't realise theyre contributing to enabling your behaviour. And shame on those who are aware of what your doing but decide to play it nice which in the long run is very unloving and prohibits you from growing at all.

I am totally convinced that finding a girlfriend has become your idol and really the only way you can change my mind is to actually talk about something else or nothing at all, stop asking single people how to not be single and actually be proactive and seek out an older (married) man to train you how to be a Jesus honoring man before anything (no women involved), and until then you have absolutely no right to expect God to give you the responsibility of a wife and children.

Wounds from a friend can be trusted, but an enemy multiplies kisses. Prov 27:6
I am rebuking you strongly in love not because I have a desire to be the cruelest person on the planet but because I see what you are doing because I have done it before and I was very severely disciplined by the Lord for not listening to rebukes from godly people myself, Ive heard other people do the same thing and witness their foolish lives and hurting innocent bystanders in their immaturity.

C

Crossfire

I have to admit, the moment I read the title of this thread I couldn't help but crack up. By no means am I trying to belittle the author of the O.P. at all. However, every person who I know who believe that they are called to be celibate are completely fine with it. They could care less if they ever date / marry or not.

So, with that being said, if it is the desire of the author's heart to marry one day then then they can be rest assured that they are not called to celibacy. However, if it is your desire to date / marry then I would suggest taking the following verse to heart:

Psalm 37:4 (NIV) "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

:)

Last edited: