Imfundo, Should I go?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

I just wanted some people to pray with me. I'm at a crossroads and I see a door of opportunity open before me but I admit. I'm unsure, slightly afraid. I've only been out of the United States once in my life and Germany is a lot different from South Africa. I'm frantically researching. wondering, questioning. I don't know. perhaps its too much coffee but my heart is racing and I find it hard to hear the soft still voice that speaks of peace and patience. I know God is there.

everyone around me says "Stop, be still" and I like my three year old fidget. I don't want to be still. I want to move, but then I fret "what if I move the wrong way?" now I'm frozen like a deer in the headlights wondering how long before I get run over.

Maybe it is a lack of faith, maybe its human nature, but whatever it is I don't want it.

I want to be able to say these words and mean them.

Psalm 19
13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.

Therefore will you pray with me and for me. That God will help me find peace and guide me to be a light wherever He may send me. That He help me do His will not my own .

what is presumptuous sins?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in agreement with you and for you in Jesus Christ is Lord.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will pray for you. I know how you feel as I have gone through something like that, as long as you have a close relationship with God, NOTHING will go wrong. That is a lesson I have learnt from experience. All things work together for good to those who love the Lord, who are called for His purpose. God bless

S

shekaniah

I will be praying for you, May God's peace and clarity be with you...
in His love, Shekaniah

K

Kyouken

Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

Yeah, I know, people have been telling you to be still...
But did they give you the other stuff that follows, "Be still," ?

Anyways, I'll pray that God eases your heart so that you may have clarity.
Good luck, and God bless.

P.S. - I think presumptuous sin is something like presuming on what God's will is or something like that (don't quote me there). But the Word of God clearly defines His will, so I doubt you'll have to worry about it.