Importance of children

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Blackson

What is the importance of children in todays Christian families?

I understand the Levirate Marriage law stated that children were the instrument of passing the ancient tradition (Exod.13:8-9,14; Deut.4:9,6:7). Children were also taught to respect their parents and heed their instructions. Discipline was one way of showing love to one's children (Prov.3:11-12, 13:24).

Do we exercise the same in today's families? Do we have the right to discipline our own children without one telling us that we are breaking children's right to.....?

What is the importance of having children in our families today?

S

Seriously_Cool_Wife

For us... our children are very important. If Jesus doesn't return before they are grown, we pray that we will have equipped them to serve the Lord with all of their hearts, minds, and souls. We pray that they will be evangelists, missionaries, pastors, teachers, etc... Only for the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ! Only to turn hearts toward God. We pray that they will carry the gospel to whomever has ears to hear.

We, ourselves, are better people, too... for having them in our lives. We strive harder to obey God, to fellowship with others, to make wise decisions, to continue to learn and grow so we can continue to teach them and lead them. In other words, it's not just us that matters in this world, but these precious little creations of God.

as for discipline....

We expect respect and for them to learn our instruction... but we also expect some day that they will choose that instruction for themselves. I DO have the right to discipline my children. I DO spank them when needed, they have lost meal privileges, and many other privileges. They have chores.. not just making their beds and picking up their own toys, but chores to maintain the house. They do not get allowances. They live here and eat here, so they don't get other monetary rewards. We discourage the whole, "the world revolves around me" attitude that children are born with and many kids are being raised with.

Good children are truly a blessing...

S

Seriously_Cool_Wife

side note, when I say we pray they will be evangelists, pastors, teachers, etc.... I don't mean they have to hold an OFFICE of some kind... I just mean that we hope God will be saturated so completely in their lives that they will naturally be these things wherever God leads them.

Y

Yalana

I think people put too much pressure on couples to become a family. I have learned over time an strongly believe that not everyone is ment to be a Parent, Spouse, Teacher whatever. If you feel that the Lord wants you to be Single then stay, Get Married then Great, Kids then go at it! You cant Travel the world spreading God's word with kids, well you can but difficult. Go alone an no worrying about who you lost or if they will. Less stress. Marriage is work, Dogs are easier than kids. They cant talk back, argue among other things If you can train a Dog the basics, then your ready for a child because they both require Patience alot of it. I have three kids a Lab an cat. Trust me on all of this. Also if you or your Hubby have family to help out then that makes everything all better. Having kids when theres no family is hard. My Husband only has his mother an she has a heart of stone, very cold. an Im greatful to the lord for showing me that not everyone is super nice an dandy. Me I have no Family at all either, (expect my kids an Hubby) So If you are thinking about kids think about how sturdy your job is, do you have any debt, how sturdy is yor Marriage, can you afford kids?

R

Red_Oak_Title

I agree with Seriously Cool Wife thats basically how I grew up.

L

Lalilo

I have found it hard as after my divorce I found the lord. This has created a wall between my ex-wife and my daughter. All I can do is pray that my daughter in a few years will understand why I made that choice." Life is not about pleasing others, it's about pleasing the lord".

D

dmdave17

As the conventional media is fond of pointing out, children are our legacy. What we are will be reflected in them. That is why, if we have children, it is important to impart our beliefs and values to them. If we believe in the great commission (Matthew 28:19), that responsibility begins with our own children. And we must lead by example, not by mandate.

So children are very important for those who have been led by God to have them. Not only must we provide for their salvation, we have to prepare them to carry the Word to the next generation.

Y

Yahn

I'm just a teenager, and so I obviously have no children of my own, but I think I know the answer to this question. Children are the future of Christianity. It is incredibly important that families teach their children the proper religion, before schools and other external sources can teach them hindrances such as logic and reasoning that serve only to fill young mind with doubts of the Lord. We must mold children to be virtuous and carry on the word of God. Then they will do so for their children, and so on.

In essence, I agree with dmdave completely.

J

jimmydiggs

"before schools and other external sources can teach them hindrances such as logic and reasoning that serve only to fill young mind with doubts of the Lord."

You're not even a good troll.