Improving Our Churches

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
How do we improve our churches?

My suggestion is that we try to set an example for others: Chastity, humility, sobriety, love of the Lord, love of each other.

D

DiscipleWilliam

I would also suggest UN-incorporating them -that might help a little.

D

DiscipleWilliam

You cannot do away with Christian sects absolutely because there will always be varying opinions regarding the interpretation of Holy Writ. But you can do away with the voluntary incorporation of a Church fellowship. So I guess my answer to your question would be no.

Dec 19, 2009
You cannot do away with Christian sects absolutely because there will always be varying opinions regarding the interpretation of Holy Writ. But you can do away with the voluntary incorporation of a Church fellowship. So I guess my answer to your question would be no.
What do you mean by “voluntary incorporation of a Church fellowship”?

D

DiscipleWilliam

What do you mean by “voluntary incorporation of a Church fellowship”?
Most of the modern-day Churches incorporate themselves either as corporate sole, or non-profit organizations, usually falling under a 501(c)3 charitable organization with the Pastor (elder) as the president and the deacons acting as the board of directors. The church is then recognized as a 'legal fiction' by the state and can only conduct themselves according to the guidelines laid forth by the IRS and their agreed stipulations.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]*Corporation. An artificial person or legal entity created by or under the authority of the laws of a state. An association of persons created by statute as a legal entity.[/FONT]

Sep 9, 2011

If one be in Christ and has what Jesus had there are no varying doctrines, you are as He is and one with Him same mind, same Spirit. Variations come when one is without Christ and law takes presence. It is the law where our churches differ and cannot agree about the Christ. If one be in Christ he has the mind of Christ and Christ never changes.
Gary

D

DiscipleWilliam

If one be in Christ and has what Jesus had there are no varying doctrines, you are as He is and one with Him same mind, same Spirit. Variations come when one is without Christ and law takes presence. It is the law where our churches differ and cannot agree about the Christ. If one be in Christ he has the mind of Christ and Christ never changes.
Gary
Greetings Gary,

I would slightly disagree with the first part of your post brother. The reason why I disagree is because there are people that are truly saved but possess varying doctrines, such as: calvinists, arminianists, dispensational per-millianialists, amillennialists etc.