In His Image

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 12, 2011
It seems that the popular belief on here, is that Adam the man in the garden, was in God's image when he was formed. But that is not true.

First of all.. he was formed, not (created) as in Gen.1
second.. it was from the dust of the Ground (not from above)
third.. he was a tiller of the ground
fourth.. this breath of God that cause him to come alive was Nesh-aw-mah, not the Holy Spirit of God (Ruach)
fifth..he became a living Soul, not Quickening Spirit, no mention of spirit
six... he was naked, not clothed upon until later.

There are huge difference in the Man of Gen.1 and Gen. 2
Also The Man in ch.1 in the Heb. does not have the Article. But in Ch.2 has the Article
Another words the Man in ch.1 is Mankind (All of Mankind in a general sense)
The Man in the Garden is with the Article in the Heb. which means (The Man Adam)

Yes, he was A son of God because God formed and made him, but the life that he had was animal life,
soulish, earthly, natural, ...Subjected to Vanity, not willingly Rom. 8:20
That kind of life is not the same as The Life of The Holy Spirit of God, it's different.
Thats why Paul tells us what he does so we will no the difference.

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Gen. 1 ..The man here has been, Redeemed, Sanctified, made in His Image,
Gen.1 is The Blueprint, for a lack of better words, of what would become of
Adam in The Garden he would die in 1day, and be raised in Newness of Life through Christ.

This is what was Very Good to God. And He Rested in that Completed work
which we also are to enter into.

M

MaggieMye

First of all.. he was formed, not (created) as in Gen.1
Genesis 1:27 "God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." Genesis 5:1 "[ Descendants of Adam ] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God."
Genesis 5:2 "He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created."

second.. it was from the dust of the Ground (not from above) Where on this site has anyone ever said the dust was from above?
third.. he was a tiller of the ground Yes. And so?
fourth.. this breath of God that cause him to come alive was Nesh-aw-mah, not the Holy Spirit of God (Ruach) Actually the Hebrew word is "n sama" , Strong's 5397.
fifth..he became a living Soul, not Quickening Spirit, no mention of spirit Correct: the FIRST Adam became a living soul and the LAST Adam became a quickening spirit:
Corinthians 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

six... he was naked, not clothed upon until later. Point?

There are huge difference in the Man of Gen.1 and Gen. 2 No, there is not. God made the first Adam in His image, which is spiritual. All humans are spiritual, made in the image of God. The physical is simply a body in which the spirit is housed. The spirit-man that God CREATED and then FORMIED his physical house/body out of mud are one and the same.
Also The Man in ch.1 in the Heb. does not have the Article. But in Ch.2 has the Article Article, such as...?
Another words(in other words?)
the Man in ch.1 is Mankind (All of Mankind in a general sense)
The Man in the Garden is with the Article in the Heb. which means (The Man Adam)
OK stop right there. You come into this group, barely a week ago and talk DOWN to us as though you think we are all spiritually and literally ignorant. I'm just saying that that is the tone of it. You need to quote scripture for the stances you want to support. What is the purpose of this thread?

Yes, he was A son of God because God formed and made him, but the life that he had was animal life, soulish, earthly, natural, ...Subjected to Vanity, not willingly Rom. 8:20 The more accurate translation is 'subject to FUTILITY', which is very different from 'vanity'.
That kind of life is not the same as The Life of The Holy Spirit of God, it's different. They are to coincide, to be parallel and unified.
Thats why Paul tells us what he does so we will no (know?)
the difference.

1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Gen. 1 ..The man here has been, Redeemed, Sanctified, made in His Image,
The man in the Garden was not redeemed. Adam had not yet sinned when he was made/formed/created. It was not until AFTER he sinned and was removed from the Garden that Adam needed to have a Savior. And he did have a Savior in the Lord Jesus because he believed God's promise of redemption and reconciliation.
Gen.1 is The Blueprint,the term is "foreshadow" for a lack of better words, of what would become of Adam in The Garden. he would die in 1day, and be raised in Newness of Life through Christ. again what is your point? We all know that Adam is included with the saints that have fallen asleep.

Oct 12, 2011
My post stands on its own. And I may be new to posting, but I am not new to reading. I have been reading past post for
a long time. And I'm sorry if it offended you that was not my intension, but it seems there is alot of arguing on here, and
I think it stems from not being able to tell the difference between what is flesh and what is Spirit. And you said that I came into
this group, talking down to you, I thought this was a public forum, where we are able to discuss the scriptures, not a privite group.

If you can't see that there is a difference between the Adam in Ch.1 and Ch.2 by what I have said, then so be it. Maybe someone else will.
No need to get angry over it though.

A

AnandaHya

so 2knowhim, do you view Genesis Chapter 1 days as literal 24 hour cycles or more like ages or period of time?

Is the completion of Genesis past, present or future? Has the seventh day occurred? Is God resting from creation or is creation still happening?

God told mankind to be fruitful and multiply in Genesis, yet Jesus says that when we are resurrected there will be no marriage, will there be children in Heaven?

just curious what your thoughts are on the subject, if you don't want to answer that's ok :)

Oct 12, 2011
Hi Anandahya,

You asked.....so 2knowhim, do you view Genesis Chapter 1 days as literal 24 hour cycles or more like ages or period of time?

Our time, each day except the seventh, represents a 1,000 yrs. Jewish time 3days. or 3,000

Is the completion of Genesis past, present or future? ......If your talking about Gen.Ch1 still, then six thousand yrs. has passed,
This is the day in which we are to enter into, The Rest or Sabbath of God, The Finished work of Christ, have all entered in? According to
God yes, according to man no.

You asked....Is God resting from creation or is creation still happening? Yes God is at Rest, it's man who is not, most of the time, because of
lack of understanding.

You said..God told mankind to be fruitful and multiply in Genesis, yet Jesus says that when we are resurrected there will be no marriage, will there be children in Heaven?

In Gen. Ch.1 again this is a Spiritual Word, a finished work, (To be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth, and have dominion, is in the Spirit) not the flesh.
The Fruit here is ... The Fruit of the Spirit. Not making babies.
Children in Heaven????? Again, this is seeing things after the flesh. This is a whole other subject, that can't be answered quickly.

You said....just curious what your thoughts are on the subject, if you don't want to answer that's ok .....Why would I not want to answer? I love
talking about the Word, to me it's the best way I have found to spend my time. I don't like to debate over it, and argue, but love to share
with others, and vicea versa.

Blessings

Feb 9, 2010
Adam was made in the image of God but not in the total image of God,which the Bible says that which is natural is first,and then that which is spiritual,and Adam was a living soul,but Jesus is a quickening spirit.

The only way a person can be in the true image of God is to be led of the Holy Spirit,for they are then acting like God who walked this earth as Jesus.

The Bible says that God calls things that have not yet happened as though they already happened,for if it is a plan of God to happen in the future it is the same as if it happened in the beginning,which all was planned out for mankind before God laid down the foundation of the world,and all will come to pass that God planned out.

The Bible says the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world,although we know it did not happen until 4000 years later,so God already had the plan to give us His human body from the beginning before He created Adam.

The Old Testament says God made Adam in His image,and the New Testament says Adam was made after the image of Christ,which means that the image of God is the image of Christ,which Christ is God manifest in the flesh,God with us.

God already had the plan to come in the flesh in the future before He created Adam.God created Adam in the image that He would show up in the future,and that is a human body with an innocent nature.

Adam was made with an innocent nature in the flesh making him the image of God.According to the flesh Adam was in the image of God and he had an innocent nature making him the image of God.

When Adam sinned he fell out of the image of God for he lost the innocent nature,and nobody was in the true image of God until Jesus came,and everybody that received the Spirit became in the true image of God.

Although Adam was made in the image of God it was not the true image of God for Adam was natural,where Jesus is spiritual,and if Adam was in the true image of God he would be God manifest in the flesh which Adam was not.

If Adam was the true image of God salvation would of started there and nobody would be lost but all mankind would be saved and nobody would sin,but then it would be robotic love and not true love,seeing nobody would have a choice but to love God knowing no other alternative.

God already had the plan in the beginning to come in the future in flesh,so Adam could not been in the true image of God,but was in the image of God by the flesh and an innocent nature for he did not know wrong yet,but Adam did not have the Spirit as we have in the New Testament to be in the true image of God,being in flesh with an innocent nature that stays the same if led by the Holy Spirit.

So God according to the flesh was the first human for He had the plan to come in the future in the flesh,and then created Adam in that image,so it makes Jesus the first born although the man Christ Jesus was not born until 4000 years later,because it is God's image first,flesh with an innocent nature,before He created Adam,and then Adam created in that image,because God calls things that have not yet happened as though they already happened,for if it is God's image first before He created Adam,even though it happened in the future it was the same as if that image was first in the beginning.

A

AnandaHya

Hi Anandahya,

You asked.....so 2knowhim, do you view Genesis Chapter 1 days as literal 24 hour cycles or more like ages or period of time?

Our time, each day except the seventh, represents a 1,000 yrs. Jewish time 3days. or 3,000

Is the completion of Genesis past, present or future? ......If your talking about Gen.Ch1 still, then six thousand yrs. has passed,
This is the day in which we are to enter into, The Rest or Sabbath of God, The Finished work of Christ, have all entered in? According to
God yes, according to man no.

You asked....Is God resting from creation or is creation still happening? Yes God is at Rest, it's man who is not, most of the time, because of
lack of understanding.

You said..God told mankind to be fruitful and multiply in Genesis, yet Jesus says that when we are resurrected there will be no marriage, will there be children in Heaven?

In Gen. Ch.1 again this is a Spiritual Word, a finished work, (To be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth, and have dominion, is in the Spirit) not the flesh.
The Fruit here is ... The Fruit of the Spirit. Not making babies.
Children in Heaven????? Again, this is seeing things after the flesh. This is a whole other subject, that can't be answered quickly.

You said....just curious what your thoughts are on the subject, if you don't want to answer that's ok .....Why would I not want to answer? I love
talking about the Word, to me it's the best way I have found to spend my time. I don't like to debate over it, and argue, but love to share
with others, and vicea versa.

Blessings
mmm that's interesting. I always thought 1000 was a number that symbolized an eon or an age.

thanks for answering :) look forward to more discussions. have to make dinner :)

Oct 12, 2011
mmm that's interesting. I always thought 1000 was a number that symbolized an eon or an age.

thanks for answering :) look forward to more discussions. have to make dinner :)

Your very welcome, please understand I do not have all the answers in this, this is just my understanding so far. I am constantly going back
to Gen. 1 its in Seed form, and there is so much more that I haven't seen yet. But I look forward to it, and by faith I have already recieved it.

Fix enough dinner for us all now.

Blessings

Oct 12, 2011
To Mpaper345:

I think that we are seeing the same things, just a matter of wording, thank you for your reply.
Blessings

N

Naphal

Also The Man in ch.1 in the Heb. does not have the Article.
What happened to the Particle there as well? Didn't know that?

Are you repeating something someone else told you? Surely you are not speaking from your own research because if you had researched it you would know your statement is false:

The different forms of the Hebrew word 'adaam
[FONT=&quot](Note: The Hebrew characters are reversed
from our English, and read right to left)[/FONT]

'adam is man, any man, men, mankind.
haa-'adam
with Article is the man.
'eth haa-'adam with Art & Part. is this particular man.

The Hebrew charactors aren't showing up but anyways, in both Gen 1 and Gen 2 "man" has both an Article and Particle which roughly would be transliterated as "[FONT=&quot]'eth haa-'adam[/FONT]".

Oct 12, 2011
What happened to the Particle there as well? Didn't know that?
Yes, I did know that, sorry I didn't list it, didn't think it was nessary for my point.

Are you repeating something someone else told you? Surely you are not speaking from your own research because if you had researched it you would know your statement is false:
No, I am not repeating something someone else said, it's in my bible (margin)

The different forms of the Hebrew word 'adaam
[FONT=&quot](Note: The Hebrew characters are reversed[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]from our English, and read right to left)[/FONT]

'adam is man, any man, men, mankind.
haa-'adamwith Article is the man.
'eth haa-'adam with Art & Part. is this particular man.
sorry, yes that is true, and in my OP, I think I said this, I said Mankind, and The man adam
Again, I didn't think all this was nessasary to make the point. It is still different.

The Hebrew charactors aren't showing up but anyways, in both Gen 1 and Gen 2 "man" has both an Article and Particle which roughly would be transliterated as "[FONT=&quot]'eth haa-'adam[/FONT]".
Not in Gen. 1, it is Ha-adam.

I do not speak Heb or Greek, but I am smart enough to know that there is a difference in the two.
Blessings

N

Naphal

Not in Gen. 1, it is Ha-adam.

You don't have a correct tool to show you that Eth is also there.

Biblesoft would show it. I don't know which other tools would.

Oct 12, 2011
Well, Thanks I will check it out.
But like I said, there are more than just that, to show there is a difference between
the two chapters in a whole, and I think I listed several.
The thing of it is, if we just see One man I think we miss alot, on the other hand if we
see, Two Natures then we will begin to see correctly.

Blessings

Mar 11, 2011
Well, Thanks I will check it out.
But like I said, there are more than just that, to show there is a difference between
the two chapters in a whole, and I think I listed several.
The thing of it is, if we just see One man I think we miss alot, on the other hand if we
see, Two Natures then we will begin to see correctly.

Blessings
From my studies, The 6th day creation of Adam (man) Male & Female, represents the diffrent races of Mankind in the flesh, as well as all the wild animals. (cannot picture them starting of as infants):D

VS

The 8th day forming of Et'Hadam or THE Man; What man?

The Man in which was not created separtley; but rather Eve, the mother of ALL living (in Christ) was cloned from Et'Hadam. The word translated into English as rib, is in fact the word curve in the Hebrew, and now we know of the Helix Curve or DNA.

GOD stated His dillema with His creation in Gen; 2/5 where it says that He had not yet caused it to rain upon the earth or had a man to till the soil.

This is not a physical rain, as all the needs for humans were created prior to the creation of the 6th day people. These were hunters/fishers and gatherers.

The rain that they didn't have for 1 day or 1000 flesh/mortal years; was the REAL explanation as to where they and all this creation came from: thus the Beginings of many religions; Were here Because etc........................:confused:

Why would GOD do such a thing? BECAUSE the further back you go in flesh time, the more guilty the people are, of whatever it was that took place, that caused the need for US to be born innocent of Woman. GOD KNOWS exactly what took place, as far as who did what.

That's why there is a good-pride to have about yourselves, in the fact that we are in the least guilty generation;IF you care about GOD through Christ.

GOD also created a whole bunch more animals on the 8th day; after stating in Gen: 2/1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and ALL the host of them.

These were the domesticated animals that Et'Hadam would NEED to help him to till the soil for the purpose of farming, to provides the needs for the growing and multiplying people that would cover the face of the earth.

Et'Hadam & Eve were to be the Ambassadors for The Creator of Life and The Source of Love, OUR Father, to introduce to ALL the other peoples of the earth, as to precisley where they and ALL of this creation came from, The GOD of Israel. ( THIS RAIN)

The entire old testament is nothing more than the story of ONE man and womans family, EtHadam & Eve and how GOD protected that family of Judah/Praise and Levitcal/Preistline ambilical cord to ambilical cord, all the way through time, to Mary & Joseph and the birth of The Messiah.

EVERY NATION on the Planet WAS Gentile, UNTIL Judah/Israel moved forth with the Ark of the Covenant and The 10 Commanments stuck into the side of it; to claim the first land blessings of Jacob for the Paitriacal Fathers. ( or Israel in its adolecence)

To introduce EVERYONE to The GOD of ISRAEL.

Forever in Christ :)

Oct 12, 2011
LoL, I had to reread your post about three times, sometimes it's so hard to comunicate things like this,
and in this way, on these boards.
But with that being said, I think that we are both on about the same page.

It's so hard for me after seeing the finished work in Gen1. to go back sometimes to the process of all
the details, do you know what I mean?

But I do agree with the rain part though, yes, it is not a physical rain, I think you said... many religions, YES, most
definitly. The beginning of The knowledge of God, which we know was and still is distorted, but Praise Him for the
Seventh day, and On, and On, and On..........

I do believe that all were created, formed and made, before the sixth day yes, and also believe that they were, transformed
into The Image of God through Christ, vs.26 and on, into the Seventh day.
It's kinda like, ......God is saying let us make Mankind that already is, .....into our Image and our likeness and let them .........etc.

I hope that makes sense,

Blessings

Mar 11, 2011
LoL, I had to reread your post about three times, sometimes it's so hard to comunicate things like this,
and in this way, on these boards.
But with that being said, I think that we are both on about the same page.

It's so hard for me after seeing the finished work in Gen1. to go back sometimes to the process of all
the details, do you know what I mean?

But I do agree with the rain part though, yes, it is not a physical rain, I think you said... many religions, YES, most
definitly. The beginning of The knowledge of God, which we know was and still is distorted, but Praise Him for the
Seventh day, and On, and On, and On..........

I do believe that all were created, formed and made, before the sixth day yes, and also believe that they were, transformed
into The Image of God through Christ, vs.26 and on, into the Seventh day.
It's kinda like, ......God is saying let us make Mankind that already is, .....into our Image and our likeness and let them .........etc.

I hope that makes sense,

Blessings
One thing thats interesting to contemplate is; though on the 6th day He created man in His Image, Male & Female created He them; it is not until after the forming of Et'Hadam & Eve, And not UNTIL after the incident in the garden, being defiled by satan, That OUR Father says to Someone :)D) LOOK! NOW the man has become as like one of US.

To me, i see this as an innocent family, that has been defiled.

M

MaggieMye

Only in the verse 2 Peter 3:8
But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day does it make a reference between one day and 1000 years. And THEN, you MUST READ that is says "LIKE" a thousand years. It does not say it IS a 1000 years. This is a metaphor showing us that for how slowly 1000 years passes for us, it is LIKE a day to the Lord. Because for Him, there is NO time factor in the spiritual realm. The number of man is 6. God has given us one day of HIS or 6000 days of our time in which we are to take back what Sataon stole in the Garden. Exodus 20:11 tells us that the Lord made the heavens, earth and all else in six days. That is how QUICKLY He made them....six of our days, but milliseconds to Him. In 20:9 the reference is to ONE of our literal days, but six of them; we are to REST on the seventh literal day of our time.
Prophetically speaking, the number 1000 means "divine completeness and the Father's glory, perfect, fruitfulness, full maturity"

Mar 11, 2011
Only in the verse 2 Peter 3:8
But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day does it make a reference between one day and 1000 years. And THEN, you MUST READ that is says "LIKE" a thousand years. It does not say it IS a 1000 years. This is a metaphor showing us that for how slowly 1000 years passes for us, it is LIKE a day to the Lord. Because for Him, there is NO time factor in the spiritual realm. The number of man is 6. God has given us one day of HIS or 6000 days of our time in which we are to take back what Sataon stole in the Garden. Exodus 20:11 tells us that the Lord made the heavens, earth and all else in six days. That is how QUICKLY He made them....six of our days, but milliseconds to Him. In 20:9 the reference is to ONE of our literal days, but six of them; we are to REST on the seventh literal day of our time.
Prophetically speaking, the number 1000 means "divine completeness and the Father's glory, perfect, fruitfulness, full maturity"
Hi Maggie; one of the things that i observed on this subject when it was brought up before, is that there are quite a few ways to interpret this meaning.

If you take 1 day in the flesh, which is Mortal (liable to die) time VS 1 day in the Spirirt which is Immortal (eternal) time; ! mortal day = 1000 mortal days to GOD, it actually works out perfectly for time-line purposes.

This is why we were warned Not to count slackness as man; for The Lord is NOT slack, concerning HIS promises; 1 of God's Days seems like a looooong time, to us in the flesh.

Then you can also take into account that that GOD stated that after Adam & Eve sinned; that a man would not live a day, until he dies. There are many people listed that lived 300 - 969 flesh years of age after what GOD stated; though None of them made it to a GOD"S Day.

Another way to look at it, is the speed of sound that we have been slowed down to, VS where we originated from in the first place, the speed of light. Once this flesh is over at the return of Christ, things will go mightly speedy for those who Loved OUR Father in and through Christ admist HIS absence.:cool: