in the news

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

mule

I am having a debate on face book over the comment that a senator made recently. He said that though the circumstances of rape is horrific that if a child is conceived this child is a gift from God.
I keep seeing commentaries and public figures mocking this senator as though he said that the rape was God's will. I have tried to point out that is not what he was talking about. He was talking about a life that was conceived even under those circumstances is a gift from God. I have been raped three times so I know what it feels like to be violated and though I didn't get pregnant I agree with the senator the child would still be a gift and a life worth keeping alive. I am confused about how it has turned to be about the rape and not about the child. I do understand a woman not wanting to carry her rapists child but what about carrying her child? I can not understand ending the life of any child so perhaps I am missing a piece of the puzzle here.
The main question though is how is this about the rape and not about the child conceived?

Last edited:
S

sweetspiritgirl

Ive heard about this guy..hope he nvr gets into any kind of office and yes more was said about rape..as many told me what was said..any child from god is a gift..but in a rape sitsuation i cannot speak of fori havent walked in their shoes to do so..but rap is life changing it kills a person on the inside..my bff even became bipolor from this experence..and to have had a child she would of prolly went insane..im not even going to go there..i dont believe in abortion but i dont have the right to tell anyone what to do with her body..thats between her and god..But this senetor is sick and twisted saying not all rapes r rape and so forth ...he needs a come to Jesus meeting and fast..

M

mule

I have been raped, in fact three times. Once at the end of a razor and the man told me if I made a sound he would cut my head off. Once at the end of a gun and once I was taken so far out into the woods I just knew my dead body would be found years later. I guess I didn't react like I hear other women react to rape because I was PISSED and I mean PISSED. I was force to do something I did not want to do at the threat of my life. I was able to talk my way out of being killed. These are stranger rapes but there is also women who are raped by men they know, it is still rape when it is against the will of the woman. Is that what the senator was talking about? the difference between stranger rape and "date" rape? I think the second kind would be harder on a woman because who would believe her and because even friends and family would look at her as though she did something to cause it.
Just as I said on the face book debate mercy is the more important part of the law.
What was throwing me off is the one quote I read from this senator was not about a difference in types of rapes or did I see any mention of abortion that puts an entirely different light on his words. I thought he was merely defending the right of the unborn to life.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
The main question though is how is this about the rape and not about the child conceived?
It is the same old thing that many politicians, lawyers, or anyone else who is loyal to an ideal, person, religion, …etc., does. They manufacture something. They don’t want people to believe some things or a certain way, and to convince the more simple minded, which would probably be the vast majority, they will twist the words of the person that they disagree with to mean something entire different than what was meant or intended, demonize them, then build off their own fabrication that they concocted. It’s like a woman who bought a dress she liked and went to show it off innocently, by asking if the person likes her new dress. The other person response by saying that it makes her hips or butt look bigger or it accentuates some other body parts. The original subject was the dress, so how did it get turned and suddenly be about her body parts?

know1

Aug 27, 2012
i dont believe in abortion but i dont have the right to tell anyone what to do with her body..thats between her and god.
I mean no offense but the baby that is in the woman first is an innocent party, and second, the child is not her body, it is another body within her body, it is another human being. Just because the child is in the woman, does not make it part of her body. Women create other undesirable things such as waste and yet the woman does not claim it to be part of her. He child is not a turd that you get rid of because it stinks to you.
My wife was hated by some of her family members because she looked like her father. Regardless of the person’s age, whether in the womb or out, it is still unjust discrimination against an innocent person.

U

Ugly

This topic has been up for days in the NEWS forum.

joshhuntnm

Aug 6, 2012
I am torn on this issue. As I understand it, it is pretty rare. As bad as it is, killing the life of a child doesn't seem like the answer.

Jul 12, 2012
If a woman is on the labor bed, and the baby is coming, and there is a problem that will likely result in death:
Will the woman sacrifice the baby to save herself?
Or sacrifice herself to save the baby?
Or fail to choose in time, resulting in unknown consequences?
And if she does not choose because of confusion, will she have sinned?
And if she does not choose because of faith, will God's will be done?

What is it then, to abort in the first weeks before a real dilemma arises?

And lest I be chastised for words that do not come from understanding, I have committed this sin. (abortion)

Last edited:
C

chuinchoy

You need to seek therapy to be cured of your trauma experience, the sooner the better. otherise you might be emotional scars for the rest of your life. I prayed that God will cure you BUT you must submit your total self to HIM before He could help you.

i tpersonally think there should be a punishment for habitual rapist---Castrade them then they would NOT be able to hurt women any more.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I am having a debate on face book over the comment that a senator made recently. He said that though the circumstances of rape is horrific that if a child is conceived this child is a gift from God.
I keep seeing commentaries and public figures mocking this senator as though he said that the rape was God's will. I have tried to point out that is not what he was talking about. He was talking about a life that was conceived even under those circumstances is a gift from God. I have been raped three times so I know what it feels like to be violated and though I didn't get pregnant I agree with the senator the child would still be a gift and a life worth keeping alive. I am confused about how it has turned to be about the rape and not about the child. I do understand a woman not wanting to carry her rapists child but what about carrying her child? I can not understand ending the life of any child so perhaps I am missing a piece of the puzzle here.
It's called sound bites, and the whole world just feeds on them these days. Just take any ol' 5 seconds out of context and forget about what was really said. If you can manipulate your enemy's words into something that can be attacked, you're today's hero and much to be listened to!

This mocked not just the senator but God and all who profess Gods name. Where do you think that came from?

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Saddly, many polititions want to make it all about the ugly, rather than the joy.
Studies have been done on this subject, and women who concieved by rape and kept the child.
Had an amazing recovery and healing rate, and never saw the child as anything but a gift of healing. :)
( so much for the rape excuse for abortion)
One of my daughter's friends, who I love as a daughter also, was concieved by rape, she is a joy and delight to my heart, I know her mom's as well, and all who know her.
I cannot imagine her not being and continueing to be in all our lives. :)
And I dont ever want to think of what could have been if her mother had chose any different than she did.
For God bring all things to His good perpose and glory!!!!

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I will say Im a bit tired of polititions seeing us women as only a uterus, no wonder they say and do such foolish things, if they cannot see more than this.

God bless
pickles

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
Ive heard about this guy..hope he nvr gets into any kind of office and yes more was said about rape..as many told me what was said..any child from god is a gift..but in a rape sitsuation i cannot speak of fori havent walked in their shoes to do so..but rap is life changing it kills a person on the inside..my bff even became bipolor from this experence..and to have had a child she would of prolly went insane..im not even going to go there..i dont believe in abortion but i dont have the right to tell anyone what to do with her body..thats between her and god..But this senetor is sick and twisted saying not all rapes r rape and so forth ...he needs a come to Jesus meeting and fast..
Any taking of life is murder, so let the murder be on your hands if you support paying for it!

I have asked God to forgive me for not trying to stop my GF of youth from aborting a child. It devastated me for years, Satan's attacks and accusations prevailed against my soul till God's love of forgiveness took hold. Fine let the women have their abortions, that doesn't mean I have to agree with it and don't make me pay for it!

I'm with you on this Mule!

Bookends

Aug 28, 2012
I will say Im a bit tired of polititions seeing us women as only a uterus, no wonder they say and do such foolish things, if they cannot see more than this.

God bless
pickles
They see you as a vagina too, the want to lore you in by giving you contraceptives, then if they fail, then they want to pay for your abortion.