In the Shadow of his wings and the anointed Tassel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
In the Shadow of his wings and the anointed Tassel
When we come to the foot of the cross under our LORD’s out stretched arms. We come to him for his mercy that has been displayed to us on the cross. When we come under his out stretched arms we come under his wings. When you come to someone’s house if you want to stay you must follow the rules of their house. Numbers 15:39 And you shall have the tassel, that you may look upon it and remember all the commandments of the Lord and do them, and that you may not spy after to which your own heart and your own eyes are inclined. This is to also remind us of the spies who went into the Land of Canaan and because of unbelief missed out on the promises Land. We are to have no god’s before YHVH when we bow to fear that becomes our god.
I was thinking how the sky is white and blue just like the tassel. It is like God’s own tassel has covered the sky to remind us of his instructions. Each fringe we are to put on the four corners of our garment has 39 windings In between five sets of 2 knots. The 39 windings correspondences to the numerical value of the Hebrew phrase “Yahweh Echad. ( YHVH is one). DEUTERONOMY 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one (echad) LORD. This makes me think of Yeshua with the unbroken law inside him. He received 39 lashes. Yeshua is pictured in the tassel.
Deuteronomy 25:3 but he must not give him more than forty lashes. If he is flogged more than that, your brother will be degraded in your eyes
2 Corinthians 11:24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one

Some veses that deal with the Tassel

Matthew 9:20-22 suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. 21 For she said to herself, “If only I may touch the fringes of His Garment , I shall be made well.” 22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour. How did she know touching the fringes of His Garment would make her well

. Malachi 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and you shall go
forth, and grow up like calves let out to pasture. The Hebrew word “kanaph” means both corner and wings.
Ruth 2:11 Boaz replied, "I've been told all about what you have done for your mother-in-law since the death of your husband—how you left your father and mother and your homeland and came to live with a people you did not know before. 12 May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge." 13 "May I continue to find favor in your eyes, my lord," she said. "You have given me comfort and have spoken kindly to your servant—though I do not have the standing of one of your servant girls

1 Samuel 24:4-5The men said, “This is the day the Lord spoke of when he said to you, ‘I will give your enemy into your hands for you to deal with as you wish.’” Then David crept up unnoticed and cut off a corner of Saul’s robe. 5 Afterward, David was conscience-stricken for having cut off a corner of his robe. 6 He said to his men, “The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the Lord’s anointed, or lay my hand on him; for he is the anointed of the Lord
David cut the tassel off Saul's robe. David felt bad because he thought - who am I to symbolically take the authority of God away from Saul, it is up to God to do that.

2 Kings 2:11-14
11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.13 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the Lord God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
When Elijah is taken up into heaven throws his cloak to Elisha passing the symbol of God's authority and protection to Elisha.

Some verse about the protection in God’s wings

Ps 57:1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.

Ps 17
7 Wondrously show your steadfast love,
O Savior of those who seek refuge
from their adversaries at your right hand.
8 Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings,
Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God

Ps 36;7;11
LORD, your mercy reaches to heaven;

7Your justice is like the highest mountains;
your judgments, like the mighty deep;
human being and beast you sustain, LORD.
8How precious is your mercy, O God!
The children of Adam take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
9They feast on the rich food of your house;
from your delightful stream you give them drink.
10For with you is the fountain of life,
and in your light we see light.
11Show mercy on those who know you,
your just defense to the upright of heart.

Ps 61
4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
5 For you, God, have heard my vows;
you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
Ps 63 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.

Last edited:

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Each corner of the prayer shawl has a meaning 1) His Authority 2 ) His Protection 3 ) His Healing us 4 ) our Faith