Incarnation: Getting our hands dirty.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 26, 2012
One of the biggest criticisms of the UK government at the moment, is that it is filled with millionaires who don't understand the needs of ordinary working (or non-working) people. In fact, there are millionaires on both sides, but it goes to show that the divide between the rich and poor goes on.

As a former politician for a post-industrial city, I have seen how the collapse of traditional jobs such as pottery, mining and steel have affected those whose lives were centred on those careers. The need for re-training is clear, but how does this happen when public funds are decreasing etc? How does the Church step into the gap left by the banking crisis etc?

The beauty of the gospel is the idea that God would become human. As John 1:14 says so wonderfully:

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (KJV)

The key to changing communities, I believe, is to live out this passage to its fullness. In the Anglican Church we call this process of dwelling among us "The Incarnation". When Christ saw the human race struggling in its depravity, He took off his tracksuit, tied up his bootlaces and got in the game. It must be the same with us in the church. Instead of backing down, and backing off from areas we consider too controversial etc. i.e. media, politics, education, community, sport etc., let us become, as Paul did, all things to all people, that we might win some, without compromising our integrity as God's holy people.

The only way people will know the grace and truth of Christ's dwelling among us, is if we show it by example.

G

totally agreeing. a lot was changed with paul, he was jailed and i think beheaded later. It dosn't take much today to get into jails trying to force christ on someone, is like harassment to another. we might be just the very gospel some may be reading. I try to live to the "walk the talk" and the part James says, if a man cannot control his words, his religon faith is in vain. some of the couch potatoes need a kick to support their families, he that does not provide for his own, has denied the faith.: This can be a lever for society, takeing care of one's own.