Inferiority Complex

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

Oh just relax,
I only got an Inferiority Complex.
Can't think of one good thing about myself.
Worth nothing, I fear.
Yeah life bit me the rear.

Oh dear! What about the Parable of the Talents?
I'm not sure if I can tell if Jesus will throw me into hell.

Am I really worth anything to him?

* The Parable of the Talents, makes me feel like Jesus might throw me into hell. I don't know if I got any Talents for God. Even if I do, I'm not sure that there is a way for me to use them.

Matthew 25:14-30

The Parable of the Talents

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Oh just relax,
I only got an Inferiority Complex.
Can't think of one good thing about myself.
Worth nothing, I fear.
Yeah life bit me the rear.

Oh dear! What about the Parable of the Talents?
I'm not sure if I can tell if Jesus will throw me into hell.

Am I really worth anything to him?

* The Parable of the Talents, makes me feel like Jesus might throw me into hell. I don't know if I got any Talents for God. Even if I do, I'm not sure that there is a way for me to use them.

Matthew 25:14-30

The Parable of the Talents

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Vital to know: The talents were given by the master to his servants. The sin of the servant was not that he had less than the others, but that he failed to do anything with what he had.

This is referring to God's kingdom. People seem to think that all God is interested in is sin. Not at all. God seeks those who will gladly serve Him, realising that God's purpose is entirely good and that He loves us unconditionally. The parable tells us that God rewards those who serve Him faithfully. There is no reward for those who do not trust God and willfully refuse to serve Him.

God loves you enough to send Jesus to die in your place. He knows how useless fallen mankind is. He knows that we have a fallen nature that is unable to please Him. In Christ, He kills our old nature through the cross. He then raises us up to new life through the resurrection of Christ. If all you think about is how awful you are, you will miss God's best. If you look at how wonderful Jesus is, and realise that you live in Him and Him in you, life will be full of joy and peace.

Times may not be any easier. I spoke to someone I know whose wife died this week. He is at peace, even in his loss. Why? Because God's peace is not dependent on circumstances. Quit looking at yourself apart from Christ. Lord Jesus is your life and you are complete in Him. Go on a journey of discovery. Find out what belongs to you in Jesus. I suggest that you read "The Life That Wins" by Watchman Nee. It will change you forever if you take it to heart.

S

Seeking-Christ

I suggest that you read "The Life That Wins" by Watchman Nee. It will change you forever if you take it to heart.
How come just reading the bible isn't good enough? Why do always need someone's book to help us?

T

TheIndianGirl

How come just reading the bible isn't good enough? Why do always need someone's book to help us?
I actually read more commentary (and similar things, like watch YouTube videos) than the Bible. I think when you focus on a topic and read a lot on that topic, you understand that topic more.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Because God has placed ministries in the Church to edify the saints. It's one way that He keeps Christians humble. I was was arrogant in my early days as a Christian . I knew the Bible well as I studied for hours one end. I had a problem I could not resolve. God sent me to someone to get help. Him? You have to be kidding, I thought. Yet I got the answer through that man. He was not a pastor, not even an elder.

Watchman Nee was one of the greatest Christians ever. He preached all over China, leading countless people to Jesus and founding over 2 thousand churches. He was such a threat that the communists locked him up and threw away the key. He was Chinese, yet learned English and had an excellent knowledge of Greek. He was a genuine apostle, not like the self proclaimed charlatans so prevalent today.

Watchman Nee also drew on the teachings of others. No one is that good that they have all knowledge. As God told Judson Cornwall, we are not equipped to know the full gospel. Even if we did, our lives would not be long enough to preach it.

https://www.watchmannee.org/life-ministry.html