Infidelity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LouAnn

My husband has been unfaithful in our marriage. He doesn't yet know that I am aware of his actions. I am struggling with the decision to confront him or not. My heart is broken, but I value my marriage and love my husband very much. I don't want a divorce. I don't think that he does either. I believe in marriage and the vows that we took. I don't know how to approach this issue. Please help!:(

B

beyondbroken

Im not sure how you became aware of his actions but I do believe you need to confront him on what you know. I believe that counseling is needed so that you both can determine what the root problem is that caused him to stray out on his marriage. Surrender your marriage and husband to God and allow Him to restore that which has been broken. And before you talk to your husband, pray and ask God to give you the words to say, discernment and a way to approach this in love. I know all to well how terribly hard this is for you. Praying for you!

S

shekaniah

I think if you tell him what you just told us.
It is a healthy thing to say to a man that has done this to you.
I also think you need to go to counseling with him to find out why this happen.
I will pray for you too. Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

My heart is broken, but I value my marriage and love my husband very much. I don't want a divorce. I don't think that he does either. I believe in marriage and the vows

D

dmdave17

Dear LouAnn,

I agree with the advice you have received, and I would like to add a piece of practical advice to it. There is a ministry, Hope and Healing Ministries, that specializes in helping couples recover from infidelity. Their web site is www.hopeandhealing.us. They might be able to help you design a plan for approaching your husband, and help you with just what to say.

God be with you.

B

brokenclay

Dear sister; your not alone. Both men and woman have been on the receiving end of such painful discoveries. The feeling that your spouse has rejected you for someone else can do a lot of damage to your faith in them and God. Many years ago I was broken hearted over such a thing. I did a lot of crying. Then there was alcohol problems that kept broken for 10 years. I stuck by my spouse and our 3 boys. I remembered my marriage vows and the woman I prayed for. We are still married after 30 years. It got better because I healed and forgave her. Please don't give up on a sinner. God is refining you in his fire. Hang on tight to Your heavenly father. Its not fair to share this as if my wife was trying to be bad. There were reasons. But God strengthened our faith and our love for each other. There are new trials in my life. But God is faithful, you be too. Take care, don't despair. :)

J

Jonp1990

Confront him and go from there. Don't let emotions get the better of you and put forth every effort to keep your head clear while you confront him. Let him know how his actions makes you feel and don't hold back. Pray before and after.

J

Jennyyyyy

This unfortunately has happened in my family. Not to me, but... anyway
The best thing you can do for yourself right now is to try to not overcalculate- it'll drive you crazy. Don't count the moments, don't try to figure out what you could've done, don't 'sum up' the situation in your head. I cannot stress this, you must just accept the situation and try to come to terms with moving forward (how you should go about it)
If you are wanting to leave your partner, you must have the discussion (confront him) My parents are better of for this- they worked so hard to get passed it together, and I think they're doing ok. All you can do is communicate, and try to come to terms with how you (both) think it's best to move forward.