INHERITING GOD’S PROMISES

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lyd

Dec 10, 2013
INHERITING GOD’S PROMISES

“And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” (Hebrews 6:11-12 NKJV)

You cannot inherit God’s promises and enjoy God’s blessings without absolute faith in God. It certainly takes faith to ask and receive anything from God, “for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” (Heb. 11:6 NKJV). Sadly, many believers today are not inheriting God’s promises because of their erroneous concept of faith.

Faith is not twisting God’s hands to release His blessings, or wrestling with God to bless you. Faith is not seeking to coax, compel, or pressurize God by any means to do something for you. Faith is not seeking to persuade, encourage or motivate a reluctant God to help you. Unfortunately, this is the wrong notion of faith that many believers have today.

As a born-again believer, you are already blessed “with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.” (Eph. 1:3 NKJV). As a new creation in Christ, “you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.” (Gal. 4:7 NKJV). Therefore, you don’t need to wrestle or struggle with God to bless you.

God’s power has already given you “all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue.” (2 Pet. 1:2-3 NKJV). It is simply foolishness or unbelief to seek to wrestle or struggle with God through fasting and prayer for the blessings He said He has already given you in Christ.

God has freely given you all things in Christ. The Scripture states: “Therefore let no one boast in men. For all things are yours: whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come--all are yours. And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.” (1 Cor. 3:21-23 NKJV).

Faith simply sees, believes, confesses and takes hold of what the Lord Jesus has already accomplished and provided for you through His death on the cross. You cannot receive by faith what grace has not accomplished or provided for you. Faith does not profess what is not real; it professes what is real in the heavenly places in Christ. This is why faith is said to be “the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Heb. 11:1 NKJV).

Faith does not seek to manufacture God’s blessings; it simply brings to the physical realm every spiritual blessing that is available already in the heavenly places in Christ (Eph. 1:3). Faith simply brings spiritual realities to physical manifestations. It sees and seizes what is already yours in the heavenly places in Christ and brings it to you in the realm of senses (the physical realm) where you actually need them.

While you can instantly see, seize, receive or take hold by faith what the grace of God has accomplished or provided for you in the heavenly places in Christ, you will however need to exercise patience for you to see, possess, or receive in the physical realm the blessing that you have already seen, possessed, or received by faith in the spiritual realm.

Therefore, it takes both faith and patience to inherit God’s promises. This is why the Scripture admonishes that: “you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” (Heb. 6:11-12 NKJV). “For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.” (Heb. 10:36 KJV).

The Scripture is replete with account of great heroes of faith who had to exercise great patience along with their great faith before they could obtain the promises God gave them. Abraham, the father of faith, had to wait for 25 years to have Isaac (the promised child).

When God spoke to Abraham and gave him the promise, he certainly believed God and was fully convinced that God was able to perform what He had promised. (Rom. 4:19-22). However, Abraham still had to wait patiently before he could inherit or obtain God’s promise.

David was undoubtedly a man of great faith. It took real faith to confront and defeat Goliath, the giant and champion of Philistines. Nevertheless, David had to wait for about 15 years after God had promised to give him the throne of Israel before he inherited the promise and became the King of Israel. (1 Sa. 16:13-15, 2 Sam. 5:3).

Beloved, don’t give up on any of God’s promises you have received by faith. God is ever faithful to keep His promises. The Scripture assures that: "God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?” (Num. 23:19 NKJV). “My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.” (Psa. 89:34 NKJV).

God’s promises are sure, for it is impossible for God to lie (Psa. 19:7, Heb. 6:18). Therefore, if any of God’s promises to you are yet to be fulfilled, don’t cast away your confidence in God.

The Scripture admonishes: “For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” (Heb. 10:36-38 KJV).

What should you do while waiting for the fulfillment of God’s promises to you, or for the physical manifestation of the blessings which you have already received by faith? Do what Abraham did while waiting for the manifestation of his promised child! Abraham refused to be weak in faith. Against hope, Abraham believed in hope (Rom. 4:18).

The Scriptures states: “And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah's womb. He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.” (Rom. 4:19-21 NKJV).

Friend, arise today in faith, quit wavering at God’s promises through unbelief, rather give praises to God, knowing fully that He is able to perform what He has promised you. Jesus said: "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." (Mark 10:27 NKJV). Angel Gabriel also proclaims: "For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37 NKJV).

Job also testifies: "I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You.” (Job 42:2 NKJV). Jeremiah also declares: “Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.” (Jer. 32:17 NKJV). What do you say?

Prayer: My Dear Heavenly Father, I declare today that nothing is impossible with You. Help and strengthen me to wait patiently in faith for the fulfillment of all Your good and great promises and prophecies concerning my life, family, business, career, or ministry, in Jesus’ name. Amen

-Culled from REVIVAL TODAY DEVOTIONAL

Free Online Subscription @
www.revivaltoday.org.uk or www.heraldsofrevival.org.uk

God really spoke to me through this message (in October) so I thought I would share it with you guys. May Gods word speak to you too. :)

L

love33

Must repent yes must have faith.