Internet. . .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CanadaNZ

Its amazing how many people in a BIBLE discussion section don't really discuss the Bible, or even use Bible verses. I would suggest that around 75% of the posts started in the Bible discussion forum are either links to websites, youtube (or from other site) videos, or even worse someone elses opinion copy and pasted as if it was your own. I think we should call it the Dogma Battlefield forum and then create a real Bible discussion for those who actually want to discuss the Bible!

V

violakat

roflmho. Isn't that soooooo true.

Oct 20, 2011
Everyone thinks and talks and discusses differently. That's what makes the world go around. All types of people. Not just all stontch, square, engineer types who have to have all ducks in a row. No no no. Everyone is different. Just be glad people are talking right. From the lips of babes will come the greatest knowledge. The verse is osmething like that right?

C

CanadaNZ

Everyone thinks and talks and discusses differently. That's what makes the world go around. All types of people. Not just all stontch, square, engineer types who have to have all ducks in a row. No no no. Everyone is different. Just be glad people are talking right. From the lips of babes will come the greatest knowledge. The verse is osmething like that right?
I like it that everyone discusses differently, that's not the problem, its that they are just copying and posting someone elses info and not discussing at all (people with lack of their own opinion). That and the lack of bible verses frustrates me.

Oct 31, 2011
I feel so blessed because of the internet. It is a completely new idea to me that it isn’t helping me find God’s truth, not tainted with men’s ideas
I would have had to travel all over to find what life was like for Christ and Paul, to fully understand what they were talking about. For instance, how rabbi Shammai shaped Jews' thinking, and how some things in scripture was influenced by reaction to those wrong ideas .

I never understood the OT, and then I found a man who had studied ancient Hebrew culture through the understanding of ancient language that the Dead Sea Scrolls opened up for our world. Now I do a lot of “Oh, THAT is what the Lord is saying” as I read scripture. This man lives across the continent from me, I learn from him through the internet. We even think in a different way from the people God was speaking to, understanding those times opens up God’s teaching.

Perhaps you are right; some posters are putting men’s ideas in the posting rather than talking of what our Lord is saying! I will have to watch.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
yes we need a Bible fourm. most of what is on here is people making a statement, and plucking out verses to back up their statement.

C

CanadaNZ

yes we need a Bible fourm. most of what is on here is people making a statement, and plucking out verses to back up their statement.
Amen too many Buffet Christians, pick out what they like. And those people who use the Bible to back up what they think or have been taught (a statement here, a verse there, a word over here and all out of context), rather than looking at the Bible as a whole as ask the Holy Spirit to teach them.

C

CanadaNZ

I feel so blessed because of the internet. It is a completely new idea to me that it isn’t helping me find God’s truth, not tainted with men’s ideas
I would have had to travel all over to find what life was like for Christ and Paul, to fully understand what they were talking about. For instance, how rabbi Shammai shaped Jews' thinking, and how some things in scripture was influenced by reaction to those wrong ideas .

I never understood the OT, and then I found a man who had studied ancient Hebrew culture through the understanding of ancient language that the Dead Sea Scrolls opened up for our world. Now I do a lot of “Oh, THAT is what the Lord is saying” as I read scripture. This man lives across the continent from me, I learn from him through the internet. We even think in a different way from the people God was speaking to, understanding those times opens up God’s teaching.

Perhaps you are right; some posters are putting men’s ideas in the posting rather than talking of what our Lord is saying! I will have to watch.
The key is to be careful, just because someone online claims to be someone knowledgeable does not always mean they are, look at everything in the light of the Bible as a whole.

V

violakat

They don't really discuss. Most of the people of very close minded and refused to even consider that Calvin or Arminius could actually be wrong. They take the teachings of these men at face value, without researching it for themselves. They are just Cookie Cutter Christians.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
amen!! people just accepct things because they sound good and they don't bother to fact check them. being a Christian is more than just feeling good about yourself.

Dec 19, 2009
Its amazing how many people in a BIBLE discussion section don't really discuss the Bible, or even use Bible verses. I would suggest that around 75% of the posts started in the Bible discussion forum are either links to websites, youtube (or from other site) videos, or even worse someone elses opinion copy and pasted as if it was your own. I think we should call it the Dogma Battlefield forum and then create a real Bible discussion for those who actually want to discuss the Bible!
I might agree with much of what you are saying, but there are a lot of moral issues that concern people, and it seems to me they should be discussed here, even if they aren’t "technically" Bible issues.