INUNDATE YOURSELF WITH THE WORD.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Heavenian

Jun 18, 2020

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him (Proverbs 22:15).

There’re people who often don’t behave wisely, even though they’re born again. The reason for this isn’t farfetched; the Bible says the one who isn’t disciplined by a wise and understanding person will grow up to be foolish. God’s Word is the cure for foolishness, because the Word of God is the wisdom of God.

No wonder Paul admonished Timothy in 2 Timothy 3:15 to give uninhibited attention to the Scriptures, God’s Word because of the Word’s power and capacity to make one wise: “And that from a child thou hast known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” That’s why the preaching and the teaching of the Word are so important.

Don’t ever let the Word become too common to you. Never be casual with your study times and meditation on God’s Word. The Word is what God uses to mould your personality, form your character, create your habits, and chart your course in life in order for you to arrive at your divine destiny.

God’s Word—imbibing it— is more important than the air you breathe. If you stop taking in the Word, you’ll find yourself walking at cross-purposes with God. If you ever want your life to be balanced, full of excellence, grace and glory, the Word of God is the key.

Job said, “I have cherished your Word more than my necessary food” (Job 23:12). Just as food is necessary for your body’s physical growth and development, your human spirit must feed on the Word. Colossians 3:16 says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly….” Inundate your entire being with the Word. Think through the Word; train yourself to reason only by the Word, and not only will you please God, your life will be full of His glory.

Prayer / Confession
I’m Spirit-ruled and Word-governed. I see through the Word, understand by the Word, and renew my mind with the Word. I’m cultured by the Word for the life of the Kingdom. The Word of God controls my values, ideas, opinions, choices and decisions. Praise God!
Thanks,
JESUS IS LORD.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
Thanks for this... 🙂
A Devotional or written by you?

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
"Don’t ever let the Word become too common to you. Never be casual with your study times and meditation on God’s Word. The Word is what God uses to mould your personality, form your character, create your habits, and chart your course in life in order for you to arrive at your divine destiny."

❤️❤️❤️

Scarlett7297

Mar 28, 2020
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him (Proverbs 22:15).

There’re people who often don’t behave wisely, even though they’re born again. The reason for this isn’t farfetched; the Bible says the one who isn’t disciplined by a wise and understanding person will grow up to be foolish. God’s Word is the cure for foolishness, because the Word of God is the wisdom of God.

No wonder Paul admonished Timothy in 2 Timothy 3:15 to give uninhibited attention to the Scriptures, God’s Word because of the Word’s power and capacity to make one wise: “And that from a child thou hast known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” That’s why the preaching and the teaching of the Word are so important.

Don’t ever let the Word become too common to you. Never be casual with your study times and meditation on God’s Word. The Word is what God uses to mould your personality, form your character, create your habits, and chart your course in life in order for you to arrive at your divine destiny.

God’s Word—imbibing it— is more important than the air you breathe. If you stop taking in the Word, you’ll find yourself walking at cross-purposes with God. If you ever want your life to be balanced, full of excellence, grace and glory, the Word of God is the key.

Job said, “I have cherished your Word more than my necessary food” (Job 23:12). Just as food is necessary for your body’s physical growth and development, your human spirit must feed on the Word. Colossians 3:16 says, “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly….” Inundate your entire being with the Word. Think through the Word; train yourself to reason only by the Word, and not only will you please God, your life will be full of His glory.

Prayer / Confession
I’m Spirit-ruled and Word-governed. I see through the Word, understand by the Word, and renew my mind with the Word. I’m cultured by the Word for the life of the Kingdom. The Word of God controls my values, ideas, opinions, choices and decisions. Praise God!
Thanks,
JESUS IS LORD.
With shame I have to admit that , once I was admitted into medical school , the stress I had due to it caused me to become inconsistent with my prayer life and reading the Bible even though I knew many testimonies I had with God and how He spoke to me through the Scriptures often. From a certain point in my first year mbbs , my mind started to deviate and thoughts started running into my mind and I seemed to have no control over it. It was back in 2015 and I can still remember the moment from when my mind started to get this awful trouble. I was subsequently told by a fellow Christian that I had OCD , because he felt God told him that I had it. I didn't know whether to trust this. But now its 2022 and I still struggle a lot in my thought life. The thing is , that in 2019 I was diagnosed with depression and had been on antidepressants for it. There are certain drugs that are used for depression that are considered to be helpful for ocd as well like Sertraline. So when I thought about it...I figured that I actually got very numb emotionally upon taking those drugs and was still depressed. I may not have had thoughts or I did ....but I got very very numb with those anti depressants. I was put on so many of them and I would take them twice daily. Now I stopped taking twice a day , i take only one in the night. Even through those times where I couldn't read the Bible consistently nor pray , God carried me through my mbbs and my internship. He got me through exams , i felt so unprepared for that I wanted to skip attending them. Today , I sit with a pain in my heart because I want to study for my MD entrance exam but my whole being is weighed down .... I don't even know what is the cure of it. When I have faith in God despite this utter darkness , I am able to be confident even despite impossible situations. Yet, I am troubled in my heart today. I am worried by the next thought I will get. And I sometimes consider that I have ocd which isn't treated but then if it were ocd why couldn't my antidepressants (used even to treat ocds) cure it. I am confused about what God wants me to do. I sit in my room scared ...of what...? My own thoughts. Pray for me. I need help. Thanks.

Abigail97

May 5, 2022
With shame I have to admit that , once I was admitted into medical school , the stress I had due to it caused me to become inconsistent with my prayer life and reading the Bible even though I knew many testimonies I had with God and how He spoke to me through the Scriptures often. From a certain point in my first year mbbs , my mind started to deviate and thoughts started running into my mind and I seemed to have no control over it. It was back in 2015 and I can still remember the moment from when my mind started to get this awful trouble. I was subsequently told by a fellow Christian that I had OCD , because he felt God told him that I had it. I didn't know whether to trust this. But now its 2022 and I still struggle a lot in my thought life. The thing is , that in 2019 I was diagnosed with depression and had been on antidepressants for it. There are certain drugs that are used for depression that are considered to be helpful for ocd as well like Sertraline. So when I thought about it...I figured that I actually got very numb emotionally upon taking those drugs and was still depressed. I may not have had thoughts or I did ....but I got very very numb with those anti depressants. I was put on so many of them and I would take them twice daily. Now I stopped taking twice a day , i take only one in the night. Even through those times where I couldn't read the Bible consistently nor pray , God carried me through my mbbs and my internship. He got me through exams , i felt so unprepared for that I wanted to skip attending them. Today , I sit with a pain in my heart because I want to study for my MD entrance exam but my whole being is weighed down .... I don't even know what is the cure of it. When I have faith in God despite this utter darkness , I am able to be confident even despite impossible situations. Yet, I am troubled in my heart today. I am worried by the next thought I will get. And I sometimes consider that I have ocd which isn't treated but then if it were ocd why couldn't my antidepressants (used even to treat ocds) cure it. I am confused about what God wants me to do. I sit in my room scared ...of what...? My own thoughts. Pray for me. I need help. Thanks.

God'll come through for you Scarlet... How ever little your faith might be, keep Believing... You'll be in my prayers...