Iran to open new front in Gaza

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Atwood

May 1, 2014
You do know that, by definition, hate towards Muslims is also anti-antisemitism. Being Semitic has nothing to do with being a religious jew but the spoken language.
Technically you are correct that the descendants of Shem are much more than Israel. I would be hard to define them after so many years have passed, though one would regard all the descendants of Abraham as Shemites. Still, a word means what it means in contemporary usage, and the term "antisemitic" has come to mean "anti-Jew." So quibbling over Shem & "Shemitic" is really irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the Lord gave the land to Israel; a very tiny piece of land. The Muslims have no business coveting it -- they have huge territory. the Jews aren't trying to take Mecca or Medina. And what also is relevant is that the Lord is bringing back the Israelites to their inheritance land.

The only thing that makes sense out of this whole thing is that satan hates the Jews and that the Muslims are his agents. Common sense would dictate that the Muslims should be content with the huge territory they have and leave Israel in peace.

J

jahsoul

Technically you are correct that the descendants of Shem are much more than Israel. I would be hard to define them after so many years have passed, though one would regard all the descendants of Abraham as Shemites. Still, a word means what it means in contemporary usage, and the term "antisemitic" has come to mean "anti-Jew." So quibbling over Shem & "Shemitic" is really irrelevant.

What is relevant is that the Lord gave the land to Israel; a very tiny piece of land. The Muslims have no business coveting it -- they have huge territory. the Jews aren't trying to take Mecca or Medina. And what also is relevant is that the Lord is bringing back the Israelites to their inheritance land.

The only thing that makes sense out of this whole thing is that satan hates the Jews and that the Muslims are his agents. Common sense would dictate that the Muslims should be content with the huge territory they have and leave Israel in peace.
I guess that's where see things differently. I always take conteporary usage of words with a grain of salt, i.e. bigot or homophobic.

But with that being said, I have a hard time considering the nation of Israel being those to fulfill any promise. Why? How many of these people come from Jacob? In reading the Bible, that is what God focuses on; the Hebrews and not religious Jews. Also, do we totally ignore the Hasmonean dynasty? Also do we totally disregard the guidelines that God gave the Children of Israel to keeping the land and also losing the land. So if we say that God is a God who doesn't change and he has always dealt with Israel the same way. So, if this is indeed the Israel that God established, how long will it be before God allows the land to be taken. That nation is not theocracy and is as sinful as any country on Earth. But I digress....

F

Fishbait

If I was president I would fly to Israel and would stand with them against this blatant aggression and anti-semitism.....of course I'm not president nor am I a closet Muslim and I'm not best buddies with the Pres of turkey...who is saying that Israel is worse than Hitler....but I digress. This thing backs Israel more and more into a corner every day and makes it more and plausible that Damascus will be reduced to rubble.
Right on about Damascus.

The prophecy of Isaiah 17:1 has yet to be fulfilled: “A prophecy against Damascus: ‘See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.’” Damascus, the capital of Syria, has a longstanding reputation for being the oldest continuously occupied city in the world. It has never been without citizens or totally destroyed. But Isaiah’s prophecy still stands; there is coming a day when Damascus will be nothing but a “heap of ruins.” The current war in Syria could indeed be one of the events leading up to the capital’s destruction.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I guess that's where see things differently. I always take conteporary usage of words with a grain of salt, i.e. bigot or homophobic.

But with that being said, I have a hard time considering the nation of Israel being those to fulfill any promise. Why? How many of these people come from Jacob? In reading the Bible, that is what God focuses on; the Hebrews and not religious Jews. Also, do we totally ignore the Hasmonean dynasty? Also do we totally disregard the guidelines that God gave the Children of Israel to keeping the land and also losing the land. So if we say that God is a God who doesn't change and he has always dealt with Israel the same way. So, if this is indeed the Israel that God established, how long will it be before God allows the land to be taken. That nation is not theocracy and is as sinful as any country on Earth. But I digress....
Scripture seems to indicate that after this secong regathering He will no more scatter them...
Ezekiel 36:19-32 I scattered them among the nations; they were dispersed throughout foreign countries. In accordance with their behavior and their deeds I judged them.
But when they arrived in the nations where they went, they profaned my holy name. It was said of them, ‘These are the people of the Lord, yet they have departed from his land.’
I was concerned for my holy reputation which the house of Israel profaned among the nations where they went.
“Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘This is what the sovereign Lord says: It is not for your sake that I am about to act, O house of Israel, but for the sake of my holy reputation which you profaned among the nations where you went.
I will magnify my great name that has been profaned among the nations, that you have profaned among them. The nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the sovereign Lord, when I magnify myself among you in their sight.
“‘I will take you from the nations and gather you from all the countries; then I will bring you to your land.
I will sprinkle you with pure water and you will be clean from all your impurities. I will purify you from all your idols.
I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will remove the heart of stone from your body and give you a heart of flesh.
I will put my Spirit within you; I will take the initiative and you will obey my statutes and carefully observe my regulations.
Then you will live in the land I gave to your fathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God.
I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and multiply it; I will not bring a famine on you.
I will multiply the fruit of the trees and the produce of the fields, so that you will never again suffer the disgrace of famine among the nations.
Then you will remember your evil behavior and your deeds which were not good; you will loathe yourselves on account of your sins and your abominable deeds.
Understand that it is not for your sake I am about to act, declares the sovereign Lord. Be ashamed and embarrassed by your behavior, O house of Israel.