Is alcohol really ok in moderation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I recently read that even moderate alcohol use carries serious heath risks. A woman who drinks one glass of wine a day is twice as likely to develop breast cancer. People who drink even in moderation are more likely to develop stomach and colon cancer. It also increases the risk of brain hemmorage and osteoperosis.

Last edited:
R

Risen

Our body is God's temple and it can be defiled in any way, shape or form. It need to be kept pure at all time and at all cost.

Jul 25, 2005
I've seen articles claiming the opposite. I have come to the conclusion that it is one of those science studies in which you believe what you not.

Interestingly enough, moderate consumption is said to be beneficial for those who have preexisting conditions and are middle-aged.

Young adults and women find few benefits. It is also an individual thing. Some benefit more from alcohol consumption than others.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I don't put much faith in winsome studies, I constantly read conflicting things. "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;" That's what I live by. The Bible says a little wine is okay, but don't drink any whiskey (strong drink).

Jul 25, 2005
Well, strong drink is a brawler.

Dec 19, 2009
I recently read that even moderate alcohol use carries serious heath risks. A woman who drinks one glass of wine a day is twice as likely to develop breast cancer. People who drink even in moderation are more likely to develop stomach and colon cancer. It also increases the risk of brain hemmorage and osteoperosis.
I think one is better off not drinking. I believe insobriety is a sin. If a person is very stressed, it might be okay to have a little wine or beer, but as little as possible.

O

OFM

A LITTLE WINE AND BEER IS GOOD FOR THE BODY NOT SO MUCH AS TO GET DRUNK OF COURSE.