Is Christian Eduaction Required?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Are you currently in possession of a religious degree or in school to obtain one? Do you feel your pursuit of religious education has made you well-rounded or better able to serve God? Is ATS Accreditation really necessary? Lastly, do you feel it is necessary for one to hold such a degree to enter the ministry? These question are for those who have or will have their M.Div., Th.M., M.A.R., or any related/similar religious degree.

If you do not hold or are not pursuing such a degree, you may still post your opinion on the matter.
I would say a person’s character is infinitely more important than his education.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The only educated disciple was Luke, The doctor, and later Paul. God more than not uses people that society would not. Gideon is a prime example. When Samuel came to Jesse, he presented his older sons and left David in the field.
Perhaps Luke was the least 'educated'. Think about it. The Twelve spent three years hearing directly, face to face, in word and deed...the God of all creation.

Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Perhaps Luke was the least 'educated'. Think about it. The Twelve spent three years hearing directly, face to face, in word and deed...the God of all creation.

Acts 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

N

NiceneCreed

Actually I like that word 'eduaction'. Unless your education translates into action, it is for naught.
It was just a typo . . . but now that you mention it . . . LOL! Thank you for the good laugh!

Grace and Peace!

N

NiceneCreed

I forgot to mention that I own the copyrights to the word "education." Every time you use this word in the future, you have to pay me money for its use. LOL!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I forgot to mention that I own the copyrights to the word "education." Every time you use this word in the future, you have to pay me money for its use. LOL!
You mean eduaction ... another typo! And I want a percentage...

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
To answer the original question, I do not have a degree but I did spend 3 years in Bible College just for my own understanding. I think it was well worth the time and expense.

I would say a person’s character is infinitely more important than his education.
That's true but a person's character is infinitely influenced by their education.