Is conspiracy, 'Mark of the Beast,' an unhealthy obsession for Christians?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Whether the obsession is unhealthy or not probably depend if it causes one to be anxiously fearful

If it reassures you and brings hope then you're probably ok

We.have a blessed future hope a kingdom inheritance that can't be shaken
It's all gonna be ok

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Only unhealthy own you let it cause you fear

fear is not of God because perfect love casts out fear

Aug 16, 2020
Central Florida, USA
Jesus said, in the last days that people would be knowledge hunters. Is Conspiracy theory an unhealthy obsession for Christians?
It depends upon which conspiracy you refer to.......

Post protestant churches have become a cesspool of false doctrine and myth. The religion of the savior has been perverted to the extent that it doesn't resemble its root at all. Those that adhere to its precepts have no knowledge or desire to seek answers clearly printed in the pages of the book they believe in. They have become deceived fools of the worst sort and are incapable of reason in their religious lives. Because they clutch false doctrines and myths their perception of political reality is also fogged and incoherent.

They wouldn't know a true conspiracy if one slapped them in the face.

In case you hadn't guessed, I left the church years ago because the people and their leaders were so enamored of their own lies and misinterpretations they had lost the ability TO THINK CLEARLY.

It isn't the conspiracy theories that are unhealthy, it is the basis of church belief in the first place. By this I mean the adoption of false doctrine, not that which the Bible presents as truth. That book has been rejected by most churches in America, which is the chief argument I have against them. Fools now rule the halls and assemblies of the post protestant church. Lies are their gospel. Religious slogans and buzz words have become their scripture.

They shall surely dine on ashes and bewail the shredding of their false doctrine when the winds of change sweep they myths away.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Jesus said, in the last days that people would be knowledge hunters. Is Conspiracy theory an unhealthy obsession for Christians?
Yes. People are sinful by nature and easily deceived. Christians have the truth inside of them yet some still have a fascination with worldly conspiracies. Satan controls the world, but many "conspiracies" are a smokescreen to hide Satan's true agenda. If he can deceive Christians into accepting lies about one thing they are more open to deception in other areas. So the obsession with COVID, 5G, global warming, flat earth and such is unhealthy. Lord Jesus told us not to worry and to seek God's kingdom first.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Yes. There is a fine line to tread though. Certainly gaining knowledge and understanding of prophecy and debating it is one thing. Becoming obsessed the rest of your life with it is unhealthy.

I assume with your title Mark of the Beast, its this area which you are enquiring about. First can of worms warning, you only need to do a quick search on these forums to see how much this topic is done to death. Then we have theology fall out with all the different end time senarios, including people who say everything in Revelation has already happened.

Moving on then

People become paraniod with "Mark of the Beast" which is also unhealthy. The Anti-Christ is also another unhealthy obsession with some people who try to work out who the anti-christ is, problem is might not have been born yet!

I feel sorry for the Christians who are caught in the fear of The Mark. Recently we had a huge hoo-ha over micro chip implants which can be used for all sorts of things, but easily removed if needed. "Do no have the implants, you will be taking the mark" they cry. NO.

Will the Mark be some sort of tech? Maybe. People obsess about it, interestingly enough there is artificall skin tatoo that can hold electronics powered by bodys own electronic impluses. Is this Mark? unlikely.

So what is the Mark? We will only know when it happens. Personally I think its a spiritual mark. The Anti-christ needs an army to fight Christ and Angel. What better way than to have all the human sheep take something that will change DNA maybe, definitly something that will also work on the spiritual side as well. The mark will be a visable change in the body which can be seen by other people who have taken it. With the body and spirit corrupted by DNA it will be impossible for those people to enter heaven and only place for them is hell.

So yes, do you study take an interest, but when it starts to consume you and you go looking for the Anti-christ and live in fear of the Mark, then yes that is when its unhealthy and wrong. So Stop. We will know the Anti-Christ when he emerges. However some folks think he as been and gone.
I agree with you. I also believe that the world is being programmed now to accept authoritarian rule. Democracy is under threat everywhere. The current dictatorship is political correctness. When laws are passed making truth telling a crime, you know that the society is deeply oppressed. Don't be surprised when the Bible is labeled hate speech. On another front, I expect Islam and possibly Zionism to merge with Catholicism. There have been moves in that direction for decades. We have nothing to fear. Satan is desperate and defeated already. We just need to stay alert.