Is Harold Camping a nuisance?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Isn't Harold Camping a nuisance as a part of Evangelicalism (Reformed Calvinism)?

When October 21, 2011 AD fails, will Harold Camping switch to the Mayan calendar date, December 21, 2012 AD?

When December 21, 2012 AD fails, will Camping switch to 2019 AD, or to 2060 AD, Sir Isaac Newton's date for the end of the world?

By 2019 AD or 2060 AD, Camping may perhaps be long gone. What does Camping care about all the people he hurts and deceived. He is making profit off of his god, money.
If this is all predestined by God, what does the rest of Calvinism make of this? The majority of Calvinists do not set dates for the inevitable end of the world. Camping is only one kind of Calvinist who tries desperately to know the day and the hour of the return of Jesus Christ.

Camping should have stuck to civil engineering, something more innocuous.

Camping is a nuisance, a pest upon the body of Evangelical Calvinism. Nothing more.

He is not even a true amillennialist. Which amillennialist tries to predict the date of the end of time?

God prepare us to meet God in Christ. That is all we need: to be ready to meet Jesus Christ, when ever

He does come again. Amen. Dear God, Save the souls of all the Hmong people in Christ who died because of the false prophecy of Camping about May 21, 2011 AD.

God save them all in the blood and Resurrection of Jesus Christ our Saviour: Amen. In Erie Scott Harrington

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2009
I feel sorry for that guy,i pray da he would repent b4 he breathes his last breathe,cuz I know God loves him equally as he lovez us even though hez fone much harm

A

AnandaHya

I feel sorry for that guy,i pray da he would repent b4 he breathes his last breathe,cuz I know God loves him equally as he lovez us even though hez fone much harm
yeah we should pray for all them all.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
dont know who he is

S

Scotth1960

dont know who he is
It's better for you if you don't even know who Camping is. God bless you. Just be aware there are false teachings and false teachers out there, and none of us should believe in trust or follow in any way any false doctrines or heresies.

S

systemdown101

Isn't Harold Camping a nuisance as a part of Evangelicalism (Reformed Calvinism)?

When October 21, 2011 AD fails, will Harold Camping switch to the Mayan calendar date, December 21, 2012 AD?
Despite the fact that I disagree with him, I think Camping is an honest believer, and not a con artist. Then again, I'm probably naive at best, and an idiot at worst. Who I do feel sorry for are the people who were duped into following him, and my pastor asked us to pray for them the day after the "Rapture" was supposed to occur. But yeah, I had a number of kids in school talking about the prediction, and I kept telling them "Jesus said 'No man knows the hour or the day,' so who do you believe, Dr. Camping or Jesus?"

It didn't help that there's a number of his followers here where I live and several times on the way home from work, I would see them with a truck with a message on it talking about how the world was going to end soon.

Heh ... I did crack a joke after the last "prophecy" fell flat how he had gone into hiding and changed his name to Xuxuchitl, high priest of the Mayans, and was now off somewhere preaching the end of the world in 2012!

Feb 16, 2011
I think Camping is as false as it gets. He really told people that something would happen and it never happened. This really reminds me of the Jehovah's Witness. Believe it or not they did the same thing decades ago. They prophecied that Jesus would come back at a certain time. It's suprising to see so many people who still believe in the Jehovah's Witness, they are known in History as one of the biggest groups of false prophecy. Camping, is another example of the blind following the blind and both fall in the ditch. Those people were not studied Christians and Camping is the wolf that Jesus warns about. Why would he not be someone to warn people about. I think most of his following is made up of weak people in the faith. I wonder if they preach the gospel to this people like the Church does or if Camping is just an example of a wolf who preys on Christians and doesn't even know what it is about himself.