Is he out there?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

morganlorrainee

I'm only 16 years old, but I feel like there is seriously no guy I can relate to around me. Yeah, I have many guy friends, but not the kind you would date. My previous boyfriends or crushes are defintely not something I'm proud of. As we all know, we all get off of God's narrow path sometimes and when I had these boyfriends/crushes was when I was on the wider and easier path. Now that I look back, I can't name on guy that I'm proud to say I talked to or went out with. Most of them were rude and hateful. I know that no one is perfect, but I think I would recognize the guy for me if I ever saw or met him. My friends all have their boyfriends and have had them for awhile and sometimes I just feel so left out because they're all going on dates with each other. Sometimes I feel if I had a boyfriend I could relate to, I wouldn't feel so lonely all the time because sometimes not even my best friend's can tell me how to handle certain situations. I always used to say I wanted Jesus to be my boyfriend because He is perfect and he could never do anything wrong! I would love it. Lol. Christian, romantic, caring, trustworthy, truthful, listens.... Ahh, if only you could design the perfect guy. Anyways. I just wanted to share some things :) Thanks for reading!

-morganlorrainee

P

process_architect

I wouldn't worry about it. Sadly, there's a pretty high chance that in a few years you'll be like everyone else...

May 6, 2011
i mean youre only 16...and im not saying that to say youre too young to think about stuff like this, but you may be too young to worry about it. Youve probably(hopefully) only been dating for what 2 or 3 years? I mean you have a whole lifetime to find whoever this guy is. Dont rush it or you might get bored of him before youre 30. then what will you do lol

K

Kooper

I'm only 16 years old, but I feel like there is seriously no guy I can relate to around me. Yeah, I have many guy friends, but not the kind you would date. My previous boyfriends or crushes are defintely not something I'm proud of. As we all know, we all get off of God's narrow path sometimes and when I had these boyfriends/crushes was when I was on the wider and easier path. Now that I look back, I can't name on guy that I'm proud to say I talked to or went out with. Most of them were rude and hateful. I know that no one is perfect, but I think I would recognize the guy for me if I ever saw or met him. My friends all have their boyfriends and have had them for awhile and sometimes I just feel so left out because they're all going on dates with each other. Sometimes I feel if I had a boyfriend I could relate to, I wouldn't feel so lonely all the time because sometimes not even my best friend's can tell me how to handle certain situations. I always used to say I wanted Jesus to be my boyfriend because He is perfect and he could never do anything wrong! I would love it. Lol. Christian, romantic, caring, trustworthy, truthful, listens.... Ahh, if only you could design the perfect guy. Anyways. I just wanted to share some things :) Thanks for reading!

-morganlorrainee
It's kinda sad how no one here* values these qualities. Well, I guess running after God would be easier then running after that one elusive fantasy.

*As in, where I am currently.

M

morganlorrainee

All of you are right....sadly. I just hoped coming on here would allow me to meet people that might have these qualties..Even if the only people I meet are friends. It would be nice to have someone to share things with about religion and have someone understand. But thanks to all of yall :)

J

Jullianna

i mean youre only 16...and im not saying that to say youre too young to think about stuff like this, but you may be too young to worry about it. Youve probably(hopefully) only been dating for what 2 or 3 years? I mean you have a whole lifetime to find whoever this guy is. Dont rush it or you might get bored of him before youre 30. then what will you do lol
(Dating for 2-3 years at 16? WOW...I really am getting old)

You seem like a wonderful young lady,morganlorrainee . :) Enjoy being young while you are. Serious comes soon enough.

May 6, 2011
(Dating for 2-3 years at 16? WOW...I really am getting old)

You seem like a wonderful young lady,morganlorrainee . :) Enjoy being young while you are. Serious comes soon enough.
its not like they go out on dates really...but i remember have 'girlfriends' in middle school basically it means you ate lunch together and talked on the phone...but that was back in the 90s, i dont know what kids do now

J

JazzDaynes77

well, you are still very young megatron.....I am sure there is tjhe RIGHT ONE for you....just wait......

A

allforfun

At 16, there probably isn't a guy who will relate to you. Guys mature differently and at different rates than women. So while they make great friends at that age, it is hard to think of them as "forever" material.

Why do I feel like the lady knitting at the old folks home telling people who it used to be the old days?

D

Donnah1979

Patience is a virtue, and your life will take many new turns, before you're even old enough to think about marriage. I used to think that it was hopeless to find someone that was a good match for me too, when I was 16. So - I settled for the first, the best guy... Boy, do I wish i had waited just a little bit longer...
Just think about when you start in college - what a huge change in your life. And so many NEW people you will meet.
No worries - be happy!!

Jun 15, 2011
I've always found girls who date early and often like yourself do well for themselves. I'll bet your "loneliness" is a condition of a week or so while some on here it represents years. You'll probably go through another seven "boyfriends" by the time you're 19 and then find someone more serious soon thereafter.

Jul 25, 2005
It's over, join a convent. :p

Or you could be patient. My parents didn't allow me to date until I was 18. There was a reason for that.

U

USNCorpsman76

I feel like there is seriously no girl I can relate to around me. Yeah, I have many female friends, but not the kind you would date. My previous girlfriends or crushes are defintely not something I'm proud of. Now that I look back, I can't name a girl that I'm proud to say I talked to or went out with. Most of them were rude and hateful. I know that no one is perfect, but I think I would recognize the girl for me if I ever saw or met her. My friends all have their girlfriends and have had them for awhile and sometimes I just feel so left out because they're all going on dates with each other. Sometimes I feel if I had a girlfriend I could relate to, I wouldn't feel so lonely all the time because sometimes not even my best friend's can tell me how to handle certain situations. Christian, romantic, caring, trustworthy, truthful, listens.... ]
with the changes in bold, you and me sound a lot a like haha oh well we can only hope to find the right person :)

W

WebsiteDeniedMeUsername

You'll find the right guy. Maybe the reason you haven't found someone yet is because God wants you to build on something or develop certain skills, you know, help you grow as a person. Who knows, you might find him on here in an hour or somewhere along the beaches of Mexico in 12 years. You never know about these kinds of things and I definitely see where you're coming from. Just believe.

You're 16 right? Many people find their significant other in their mid-twenties to mid-thirties and get married around that particular time. I don't know if that will be the case with you but don't worry about these kinds of things. Enjoy life and focus and God and on the life he gave to you. The guys around your age might be immature or childish (I don't know but that's what I've noticed around me) and they need to develop and grow too. Like I said before, maybe the both of you need to grow and develop certain qualities. Then God will help both of you find love.

Godspeed & God Bless :)