Is internet dating real?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 27, 2011
1) Is internet dating real?
2) If yes, how does it work?
3) Is it good to date through the internet?
Thanks and hear from CC members.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
1) Yes
2) Usually just talk online for some time, then meet up, etc.
3) No, the bad part about dating on the internet is that you only get to know your partner from what he/she says to you and others. I have some 'friends' who only act in a spiritual manner when the are online, and some who are the opposite. Also there are many people who like have a number of online partners....
God bless

U

Ugly

Yes it can be good. It can be bad. But the same can be said for offline relationships. People like to assume because you're online you're at a greater risk to be mislead. Well, i'll point out all the women who married church going men, offline, and ended up cheated on, abused, abandoned, or any other number of issues including divorce. Obviously the ability to hide your true self is not something only for online. And now with all the voice and video chat options available, and high speed becoming more standard for most users the risk of hiding your appearance is lessened.
Bottom line is, if you don't use wisdom you put yourself at risk, online or offline. Don't rush things, take it slow. Most people who date offline tend to go fast. Being online going slower is a bit wiser. But the great thing about online relationships is you get to actually know each other quite a bit because rather than going to movies or other public places, on dates where much of your time is spent not talking, being online most of your time is spent in conversation.

C

cowgirljen

Yep it sure is, I met my hubby online and we've been hitched almost 11 years now :)

O

OFM

yes and no ask the Lord 4 personal direction on this.