is IPL hair removal considered a sin ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2011
Hi Forum,
I was just wondering is IPL hair removal considered a sin ? as its changing how you look .

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Hi Forum,
I was just wondering is IPL hair removal considered a sin ? as its changing how you look .
Every time you shave, or take a shower, or comb your hair, you're changing how you look.
I don't think any of those things are a sin.

In fact, any time I've done any of those things, the people around me have been most appreciative.
: )

T

Tintin

IPL? How about not using acronyms. Not everyone of us is up-to-date with hair lingo.

Mar 4, 2011
Ah thank you , i was really considering it for my arms but i just thought it would be like destroying your body somehow .

Dec 26, 2014
whatever is not of faith is sin (most everything most all people do is sin).

so if you believe it is destroying the body, then yes, it would certainly be sin.

Dec 26, 2014
wow thats a lot of sinful things i did not know that
read EPHESIANS.

even everything "believers" did all they're life before being redeemed was sinful , under the power of the prince of the power of the air (the devil), ....

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
It's a sin how much certain hair removal businesses charge to have it done!

Dec 1, 2014
Are you serious? I honestly want to laugh at this..you worry over hair removal as a spiritual matter, even to the point of it being considered a sin by others and it matters to you? In that case, why stop there. THe particular vitamins you swallow just may be a 'sin, if they are not organic. And what about the automobile you drive? Isn't Chevrolets 'bad' because the orginal Mr. Chevrolet was not a CHRISTIAN that you know of? What about highlighting or changing the color of your hair? WOW...what a joke this can become...I would do all I could do to worry over a lost soul..sharing JESUS with them...than the idea of body hair removal as being a SIN...Lawd hab mussy child..'nuff said!!!!!

Dec 1, 2014
This reminds me of an actual letter that a lady sent to Billy Graham years ago. SHe was all upset because her CHRISTIAN husband had to have a heart transplant and the organ that he received came from a person who was NOT a CHRISTIAN. She wanted Mr. Graham's opinion on what she could do about it and was her husband going to hell now that his heart in his present body was not from a CHRISTIAN donor. I hope you see that this only shows a huge LACK of spiritual misunderstanding.

H

Hellooo

Pardon my ignorance here, I didn't think guys were into getting laser hair removal...

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Pardon my ignorance here, I didn't think guys were into getting laser hair removal...
LOL! I had this confused with Merrill body hair removal. I used to deliver mail to such a place and they charged $700 a session to remove hair from a man's back and it could take up to three sessions to successfully get it all permanently removed. Never mind. :eek:

E

EdisonTrent

This reminds me of an actual letter that a lady sent to Billy Graham years ago. SHe was all upset because her CHRISTIAN husband had to have a heart transplant and the organ that he received came from a person who was NOT a CHRISTIAN. She wanted Mr. Graham's opinion on what she could do about it and was her husband going to hell now that his heart in his present body was not from a CHRISTIAN donor. I hope you see that this only shows a huge LACK of spiritual misunderstanding.
Do you know the answer Mr. Graham told her?

E

EdisonTrent

I want a No-No

Feb 7, 2015
Every time you shave, or take a shower, or comb your hair, you're changing how you look.
I don't think any of those things are a sin.

In fact, any time I've done any of those things, the people around me have been most appreciative.
: )
I can imagine... LOL