Is ISIS the nations against nations?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

dfarmer2001

Sep 1, 2014
Is ISIS the nations against nations

Well I have really been thinking lately about ISIS, and all things within the news related to many groups of people like ISIS, and other terrorism groups.
It has been on the news a lot lately about how ISIS is continuing to grow, and do very harsh things to other people that don't believe what they believe. Like beheading, hanging, etc.

So I have a question for all those who think they may know.

Mathew 24:7 -
"For Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places."

Okay I am wondering if the nation shall rise against nation is maybe suppose to mean people from a nation will rise against their nation?
Like not to long ago we had someone from the United States, go to Syria and join ISIS. So I am curious to know if maybe nation means different people all over the world will join as one and rise against their nations?

I have also noticed on a map of ISIS territories (shown below)

The yellow lines are where ISIS groups are located
image5.jpg

- I have noticed on the map that if ISIS groups keep growing and invading that continent, and go farther down the continent they will reach Israel. The Bible also stats that Jesus will not put up with other armies and groups coming into his homeland and hurting, or killing His people.

So if ISIS continues and keeps taking over the whole continent they will eventually reach Israel. I doubt it will be to much longer before the Lord's return.

Everyone needs to remember to pray for all God's people and his homeland.

Jan 24, 2012
Nah. ISIS is a group of chumps. It is my theory that America has to fall completely before the real ball can start rolling. ISIS could never put a dent in America.

My bet is that America will fall in its next war against a group of super powers (Russia, China, Germany, N Korea) I don't really think the end is close until this happens. We just have too many things under our thumb in the Middle East for anything to really happen.

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
Nah. ISIS is a group of chumps. It is my theory that America has to fall completely before the real ball can start rolling. ISIS could never put a dent in America.

My bet is that America will fall in its next war against a group of super powers (Russia, China, Germany, N Korea) I don't really think the end is close until this happens. We just have too many things under our thumb in the Middle East for anything to really happen.
Pride comes before the fall.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
This could be Isis.

7 When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come and see."

8 So I looked, and behold, a pale (CHLOROS = GREEN) horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

GREEN = The color of Islam
Hades follows for those who kill and die for Islam
ISLAM = Control over 22% (and climbing) of the earth

Kill by:

Sword = War/battle
Hunger = Famine (starvation is greatest in Muslim countries)
Death = Pestilences (Ebola, Chemical weapons, etc)
Beasts = Lion, Leopard, Bear Nations (Rev 13:2) Syria, Iraq, Iran

Isis could be the horn that replaces the 3:
[h=4]Daniel 7:20 NKJV[/h] and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth which spoke pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.

Isis may absorb Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, and Hamas.

Last edited:

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
This could be Isis.

7 When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come and see."

8 So I looked, and behold, a pale (CHLOROS = GREEN) horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

GREEN = The color of Islam
Hades follows for those who kill and die for Islam
ISLAM = Control over 22% (and climbing) of the earth

Kill by:

Sword = War/battle
Hunger = Famine (starvation is greatest in Muslim countries)
Death = Pestilences (Ebola, Chemical weapons, etc)
Beasts = Lion, Leopard, Bear Nations (Rev 13:2) Syria, Iraq, Iran

Isis could be the horn that replaces the 3:
Daniel 7:20 NKJV

and the ten horns that were on its head, and the other horn which came up, before which three fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth which spoke pompous words, whose appearance was greater than his fellows.

Isis may absorb Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, and Hamas.
Ding ding ding... winner winner! Someone hit the jackpot.

The 4th seal has been opened. The result of the 4th horseman is shown in the 5th seal (Saints that are Martyred crying out).

Some additional information that you may find interesting.

Antichrist spirit is defined in scripture (1 John 4) as not confessing Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. The unforgivable sin of Islam is to confess that Jesus is the son of God and is more than a prophet. The very essence of Islam is antichrist. The man of perdition (aka The Antichrist) is described exactly as the messiah of Islam (the 12th Imam, the Mahdi) is described in the Qu'ran.

Islam claims that the Mahdi will be revealed when Jerusalem has been overtaken. Jesus mentions the abomination of desolation leading to great sorrows. The prophets mention Jerusalem being overtaken before the day of the Lord. Paul says the man of perdition will sit in the temple of God showing himself to be god. Jesus says to "stand in the holy place" and then says for those who are in Judaea to flee into the mountains. There is only one place called holy in scripture... that is Mount Zion (the temple mount). Being holy means that it belongs to God and therefore anything on it belongs to God as well. Currently the Dome of the Rock (Muslim mosque) sits upon Mount Zion.

Islam has stated that the Mahdi will rule from the Dome of the Rock and will be god on earth (exactly what scripture warns of). The Dome of the Rock is currently the temple of God even though it is not according to his design or fashion. It is his property it sits upon though. Many are waiting for the temple to be rebuilt by men yet Revelations says that the new temple will not be fashioned by the hands of men. The new temple arrives from heaven when Jesus returns, it is described as being the center of the new Jerusalem.

Think about it... why would God destroy his own temple? Unless of course it was an abomination.

Jesus returns to save the people from the destruction of this "man of perdition".

A

AgeofKnowledge

It's not surprising that every generation's eschatology is self-absorbed to an extent. In Luther's day, for example, the general medieval interpretation of Daniel’s prophecy was that the Roman Empire was the fourth beast with its ten horns signifying ten nations that were once part of the Roman Empire and Luther taught that the Turks were the little horn (largely due to the unique military aggression of the Turks and their success against the Christian vestiges of the Roman Empire).

How ironic that the Turks are presently fearful of ISIS, who has captured and executed its citizens, that in their hostage negotiations with ISIS indirectly recognized the ISIS “caliphate.”

Further back you find Christians asserting that the Ostrogoths, Heruli, and Lombards were the three horns.

But if you really want to get theological about it, in the book of Daniel the Greek empire is portrayed as a beast with ten horns and a little horn (Antiochus IV Epiphanes) speaking arrogantly and waging war against the righteous, only to be destroyed by the Ancient of Days, who gives his kingdom to a "son of man" (Dan 7; cf. 8:5–25; 9:26–27; 11:21–45). It's also noteworthy that the Testament of Moses 6–10 (first century A.D.) combines traits of Antiochus IV Epiphanes and Herod the Great to form an anti-God figure of the last day whose influence, along with the devil, is destroyed by God.

A

AgeofKnowledge

If you want to understand the topic of the little horn better, watch this lecture: 26. Antiochus Epiphanes and the Maccabees (r) - YouTube

And just to complicate the topic further, understand that there is a concept theologians term 'double reference' with respect to biblical prophecy. With respect to this topic, the prophecies of Antiochus Epiphanes in Daniel (Dan. 8:9-14; 23-25; 11:21-35) have both a historical as well as future fulfillment pointing a future Antichrist.

Pre-trib Protestant Larry Cockerham describes it like this: Antiochus IV Epiphanes: The Antichrist of the Old Testament

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
If you want to understand the topic of the little horn better, watch this lecture: 26. Antiochus Epiphanes and the Maccabees (r) - YouTube

And just to complicate the topic further, understand that there is a concept theologians term 'double reference' with respect to biblical prophecy. With respect to this topic, the prophecies of Antiochus Epiphanes in Daniel (Dan. 8:9-14; 23-25; 11:21-35) have both a historical as well as future fulfillment pointing a future Antichrist.

Pre-trib Protestant Larry Cockerham describes it like this: Antiochus IV Epiphanes: The Antichrist of the Old Testament
When it really comes down to it... it doesn't matter what interpretation you get if it does not come from God. Nebuchadnezzar had a lot of people willing to give interpretations. They were going to refer to scrolls, books, and all sorts of things. But there was one that claimed that most high God reveals all secrets. Well, does he or not? Do we trust him to do so? Or do we think we need our books and scrolls to sort things out in our own minds? The word of God is living and more powerful than any two-edged sword.