Is it okay to be friends w. the LGBTQ+ community?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Dear Coffee Jelly,
I think that is a really great question. I absolutely understand why you might be confused and unsure about what to do here. Since you asked for an opinion, I will do my absolute best to give you my full and honest explanation. Please be mindful: I am a Christian who is based in the Netherlands. The Netherlands have a very open view towards the LGBTQ+ community. I, myself am a Christian lesbian. I do understand how that might confuse people. I was saved before realising my sexuality. I try to the best of a man's ability to live by the word of the Lord Himself. Everyone is allowed to have their own interpretation on Christianity, this is always based on people's upbringings and personal preferences. I sincerely hope no one is offended by me. If so, I deeply apologise indeed. My personal interpretation is that Jesus wants us to love and be pure of heart. And I promise you with every humble cell in my body, i will never love a woman in a sinful way. If I happen to fall in love with a member of the same sex, I always make sure this love is fully consensus, pure and respectful. Of course there might be cases of people in the LGBTQ who are sinful, that counts for other people as well. It is not up to us humans to judge eachother on what is right or wrong. Only our almighty Father in heaven has the right to do so. We humans are to be loving and respectful to anyone who crosses our paths.
Much love, BJ
Although this is not me, it's a profound message that I'm glad was shared with me once. I'm passing it forward to you.

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
We are to love everyone as Jesus did. Love the sinner, hate the sin.
Did you know that Jesus never said that?.
That quote was made famous by a sexual deviant that was Hindu.
Just saying... because it gets quoted like scripture without any pastors speaking up to make known that's not a biblical doctrine or quote. It's no wonder church goers think it's in the Bible.when their pastors teach it as such.

Jul 13, 2023
yeah well social networks are full of wackos regardless of their purpose, is the purpose of this group something like sewing, woodworking, boating, or is the actual purpose just being LGBTQHDI whatever? In the case of the former if it's some group that has a legit interest as it's focus, but by coincidence happens to have a number of those people, I might say OK but be careful who you listen to there, but if its only real reason for existing is being lgbtq then forget about it.