Is it okay to marry a muslim girl or from any other religious background.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gunday

I've already heard the answers in negative but I'm not convinced yet for the following reasons:
1. Moses married a gentile
2. Queen Esther was married to a gentile and God used her to save the jews
3. Ruth was also not jew. She became a jew after marriage and now we have a book in bible named after her

Let me know your thoughts?

J

Jullianna

1 Corinthians 6:14 says, "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" It doesn't get much plainer that than, my friend. A lot of people did a lot of things in the Old Testament that they weren't supposed to do, but God brought good from it, as He can and does from our mistakes. We, of the new covenant are specifically told NOT to be yoked together with unbelievers. We can't use the choices of others as excuses for disobedience, whether good came from them or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rani

Hi , i come from a family of non-beleivers and i am the only beleiver. My sister is dating a beleiver but is unsure whether she wants to change. So for beleiver to be yoked with a non beleiver is difcult, it causes alot of stress and problems. Its also very uncomfy when they pray to there idols and they unwilling to change.

V

violakat

Gunday, We can all tell you what the Bible says, and give you advice, but ultimately, you need to talk with God. And realize that what God says to you may not be what you want to hear. Go to the Bible and read it. Search for scriptures, not just in the OT, but also the NT, that specifically refers to marriage. And don't just look at Moses, Ruth, and Esther. Also look at Solomon. He was married to many women of a various faiths. And look at what it did to his family.

Also, ask yourself, if you have children, what faith would you raise them in? Would your spouse be willing to raise them in your faith, or would she insist they be raised Muslim? Are you marrying her because you think you will convert her? If so, what if she refuses to convert and instead draws you away from Christianity? Could you handle that thought? Have you considered the divorce rates? Are Christians and Non Christians in your country more likely to get divorced, or is it the same rate as Christians who marry Christians? (Understand, I'm not saying that divorce is okay, but rather that marriage to a non-Christian is going to create some major hurdles to overcome which will stress a marriage, hurdles that are not found in Christian marriages.)