Is it okay???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gigitgirl

I don't go to chuch. Its because I don't drive and my parents wont take me. But Im in a club in school called the CIA(Christians in Action). Is it okay that I don't go to church? I really want to and I'm really religious, but I hear that if you don't go to church, its bad.

G

goth4god

I dont go to church. honestly i dont really like church that much cuz i cant find one where i feel like i fit in. you dont need to go to church to have a relationship with God, church is more for fellowship and learning new things about the bible. I go to college group for that. as long as you keep up your own bible study you should be fine. and it sounds like you get fellowship in your club at school.

X

xspinningisfun

You don't HAVE to go to church to have a relationship with Jesus. But God has church for a reason. I know, I haven't been going to church in a while and I seriously need to start up again. It's because I hate getting up in the mornings, lol. I know it's wrong because I know church is important in a Christian's life.

Overall, however, I don't believe there is a scripture that says you HAVE to go to church. Church is mostly being with other believers who you can fellowship with and learn more about God. But God has put a church down for us so that we can be formed into one body with other believers. Pastors go into the Word and can actually explain scriptures. I mean, I understand scriptures better now when I have gone to church and when they have preached about it. IT can also lift your spirits. You know, sometimes you just need a reminder that Jesus loves you. No, there are other ways to find how much Jesus loves you, but sometimes we just lose sight and we go to church hoping we can gain something from attending. I do love to go to church.

Maybe when you go to church, bring a notebook and a pen.
Take notes. I've been doing it for years only because I'm like, "Do we really have to go to church? It's SOOOO boring." And my mom used to tell me, "Bring some paper and just take notes." And after a while, I actually like going to church because I understand what the Bible says and some church services have changed my life. I urge you to go to church and maybe try to bring a peace of paper and a pen. Bring a Bible as well. Services get more interesting when you take notes about what the sermon's about. :]

G

gigitgirl

Thanks you guys. I feel better now. Somebody just told me that I won't be able to go to heaven if I don't go to church and it scared me

B

Baruch

Thanks you guys. I feel better now. Somebody just told me that I won't be able to go to heaven if I don't go to church and it scared me
I don't go to church because it isn't safe to go around where I live. Too much routine and following after a movement of man or spirit as all the fall outs from it continues in their practises in various ways and in the words they speak so that they are not representative of the faith in Jesus Christ.. so I left.

Yes.. I tried correction and letters to churches and letters to the editorials, but nope.

So the Lord has become my refuge.

As it is, if you want more than that fellowship you are attending, you could always offer a Bible Study and fellowship at your home. I believe most churches in the New Testament were like that.. small groups.. some bigger than others.. some even bigger still.. but...

Even if you meet with one... you are having fellowship... since church is nothing more but the body of believers... not a building where people meet. So you can worship God the Father anywhere through the Lord Jesus Christ.

That is what Jesus was saying to the Samaritan woman at the well that the time has come when they do not need to go to the mountains nor to Jerusalem to worship God... for those that come to worship the Father shall do so in spirit and in truth as of right now, our body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit wherein He dwells in us to abide in us forever to lead us to testify of the Son so as to glorify the Son to the glory and praise of God the Father: Philippians 2:9-11

So learn of Jesus Christ in the scriptures and all His promises to you so that your love may abound more and more in the knowledge of Him so that as you get to live the christian life by faith, you will get to know Him and the power of His resurrection when you start seeing yourselves able to love others and even your enemies as Christ in you is enabling you to do so.

John 1: 12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 6:28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Galatians 2:20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Philippians 3: 8Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings,..........

Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 1: 6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Thus the just shall live by faith as all relationships with the Lord is based on trust in Him & His Words.

G

gigitgirl

everyone on this site is so helpful. thank you. you made me feel a whole lot better. :)