is it possible to loose contact with reality?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

OwnerInc

my question to you gals and girls is is it possible to lose the touch with reality.

I think im loosing control over my virtual life etc computer ive been doing this stuff regulary
for 10 hours a day everyday for past 5 years almost + - and im kinda thinking
the reality i have work family probleems that is just one bad dream and the
stuff i do here talk say cool things be positive n stuff it seems like the
real life and everyday i wake up i think ohhh dOh again this day and every night i
go to sleep i think would it be morning already.

So my question is am i going nuts or is it common probleem with low status social life guys and girls like
me?

Btw i dont sit all the time on comp i have to work but after work i dont do nohting.

S

Soul43

i don't feel neccessarily the same way, and i know i'm not on as often as you are, but i know sometimes i do wish the world on here in tv and movies was my world and this was all a dream

J

Jullianna

I do think that we can get too caught up in cyberland, which can so often be far from reality. Make friends and get out more. Spend more time with your family and with the Lord. Push away from the computer for a time. I did it a few years ago. Makes a difference. It's not good for us to hide away at home. :)

O

OwnerInc

i dun know i have everything i need in here beisde work...
but im going to change that to soon so i can work at home.
i have internet food and my sweet computer.

C

ChristianTeen

I know a lot of people who spend hours and hours on the computer. Me, personally, I only go on the computer for maybe 7 hours a week, if I am lucky! I definately believe that too much time on the computer is unhealthy. Eventually, your 'fantasy world' on the internet will collide with the real world and it may have negative affects on your friends, family, etc. in the real world. Besides, there's so much more you can do it the real world that you can't do in the 'fantasy world'. For example, hiking up a mountain, actually laughing with friends, take a walk, listen to nature, etc. Sitting and staring at a computer screen all the time also promotes obesity which has many negative health effects on it's own. Lol, if you ever want a hundred reasons why it's unhealthy, just send me a message and I'll be glad to give you them! ;):D:D

O

OwnerInc

Haha its not that bad i mean i work earn money and i see my family when i go outside of my room lol.
And i spend time with my friends not much but i do it once while or so i give them about hour each mounth so its all good u know?
And i wont go fat because i work out at home. i brought myself stuff so i could do exercise at home.
And i can laught while im playing watching movie or listening what my friend is talking me via msn voice chat so yeah.

J

jimmydiggs

Yes, it is possible to lose contact with reality. We call thsoe who have, Atheists.

O

OwnerInc

lol and atheist say that christians loose control with reality !

i dun call myself atheist because i beleve in something so that dosent make me atheist right because atheist dosent belive in nohting so they shoud rename or something because i bet there are non atheist in world everyone belives something u know.

J

jimmydiggs

@OwnerInc

No, they don' treally say we are out of touch with reality... they just say we are infected with a mind-virus, and that we abuse our children when we teach them that God doesn't really like it when you murder someone.

C

ChristianTeen

And that we teach them to be anorexic because some of us fast on certain days....

T

thimsrebma

I totally know what you mean. Sometimes when you enjoy something alot you would rather be doing that than anything else. I was on here alot before the crash a few weeks back. I am a teacher and during X mas break I was off for about two weeks. After school resumed we kept getting hit by snow storms and so we ended up with another 5 days off plus another Holiday. I felt shut in and I enjoyed talking to so many people about so many things that I just started to shut off most other stuff in my life.

The crash was actually good for me because I lost about 10 threads that I had been following and so I didnt have anything to talk about anymore.

I dont call it losing touch with reality because anything that is part of your life is your reality. You may be a bit addicted though and thats not good. I would force myself to do other things that way you wont be so dependent on CC. We should all be living life with actions not just thoughts and feelings expressed online.

Aug 2, 2009
"Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? "

Morpheus - The Matrix (1999)

O

OwnerInc

lol idk when i bite my hand i feel the pain so thats how i know its the real thing and when i enjoy playing games wii xbox computer games and own those noobs talk with my friends n stuff. that feels like the other side of me the side invest more than ever in my life lol because the real deal is booring its hard and its kinda depressive sometimes.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

i lose contact with reality all the time and think im vanilla ice ice baby

so i'd say its normal

M

MaggieMye

Sounds like you should throw the comp away and get out and make some friends...even do some volunteer work to be useful, productive and to meet some people.

Ya gott ask yourself:
Am I doing the word of God when I'm at the puter?
When I think of the future...am I still sitting at the computer....do I have dust on my head???
How am I spreading the news of Jesus' love to others?
WHY do I consider myself to be 'low social stautd' and what can I do to change that?

N

NukePooch

i lose contact with reality all the time and think im vanilla ice ice baby

so i'd say its normal

Sorry, Nod. There is no way...NO WAY that you could have that hair. The existence of that hair is proof that it is possible to lose contact with reality.

H

hotfudge

Why care so much about reality? Reality is an illusion. :D :D

No worries, your still normal (well normal because I do that too). However, there will really come a time when cyberland wont be too helpful anymore and you'll have to run to the person next door to have a cup of tea. :)

And oh! There's a lot out there that we (and our kind) need to see. ;)