Is Moaning an act of Faith?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

Well simple answer to that is NO! yet we still do it. We British people are a nation of moaners, as to America and Australia. And in other countries. Jesus is happy when we show faith, But closes his ears to moaners, whiner's, whingers. But faith is not part of moaning. There was a story about a Guy who wanted to open a strip bar. The guy was planning with the government believe it or not. So that it would be a legal strip bar.

Now picture it if you will. The guy was planning to build a strip bar, Near a church, near schools, and near residential homes. The pastor of the church, kick such a stink about it, all he did was moan, run it down, whine about it all. Told his congregation all about it, and then they too just moaned and moaned about it.

How much faith was in all that moaning? None! if we Christians disagree about something what the government are doing, or in this case the guy who is planning to build a strip bar. Has anyone thought of writing to these people, to say look, this is not right, and claim that God does not want stuff like that?

I am not judging, though i have heard some discussions in the bible chat room, and all I heard was moaning, and groaning, whining, and whinging about a certain thing that certain christian or something that they not doing right. I got fed up, and said to the person, and asked him has he thought of talking to the guy who was doing wrong, or writing to the person, and tell him that God is not happy with what he is doing?

Typical answer you get when you asked them for truth? NONE! the usual thing. He went quiet. Then I asked him what faith did you show to God, to tell your own brother, the wrong that he was doing through brotherly love? Again another typical answer? NONE! no answer at all.

God loves Christians when they show faith. God loves it when Christians stick up for each other. god loves it when Christians stand for there belief's. Yet there are those who still rather moan and moan about it.

This thread was not created to judge or point the finger. But a call for to realise. We Christians are getting trodded on by Government, and people with powers to be. and people in general. But all we do is moan. and Not show an act of faith and stand up for our belief.

Take this thread as a reminder, a re-think, realise that God does not like moaners.

[h=3]John 17:17
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. [/h]
[h=3]Romans 8:23
And not only the creation, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. [/h]
[h=3]Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. [/h]God bless......

C

Chinekwu

The story that comes to mind is that of Jesus driving out all those who were buying and selling in the temple...He did something about it, you see.
Plus faith without works.....is dead. The faith is there and sometimes,one has got to act..

Jul 25, 2013
At a Tennessee Football Game---not a joke. Christianity is now the target of persecution...
I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT A HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL CAN SEE THE PROBLEM, BUT OUR SOCIETY CANNOT.

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee, by school principal, Jody McLeod
"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate life style," and, if someone is offended, that's OK.
I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex."
If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable" means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...
I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess, "Mother Earth", and call it "ecology.."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment.."
However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical.
Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.
Nevertheless , as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical.

I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.
For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying
at this time.
" However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM, in the name of JESUS, to bless this event, please feel free to do so.. As far as I know, that's not against the law--yet."

One by one,
the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.
They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand
and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!
The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America-
the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee, remembered what so many have forgotten.
We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion
Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains! JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER.." If you are not ashamed, pass this on .

I'm not one bit ashamed to pass this on, are you?

R

Richie_2uk

At a Tennessee Football Game---not a joke. Christianity is now the target of persecution...
I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT A HIGH SCHOOL PRINCIPAL CAN SEE THE PROBLEM, BUT OUR SOCIETY CANNOT.

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee, by school principal, Jody McLeod
"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate life style," and, if someone is offended, that's OK.
I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex."
If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable" means of birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...
I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess, "Mother Earth", and call it "ecology.."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment.."
However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical.
Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.
Nevertheless , as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical.

I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.
For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying
at this time.
" However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM, in the name of JESUS, to bless this event, please feel free to do so.. As far as I know, that's not against the law--yet."

One by one,
the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.
They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand
and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!
The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America-
the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee, remembered what so many have forgotten.
We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion
Praise GOD that HIS remnant remains! JESUS said, "If you are ashamed of ME before men, then I will be ashamed of you before MY FATHER.." If you are not ashamed, pass this on .

I'm not one bit ashamed to pass this on, are you?
I am not ashamed of God, I will proclaim that he is God till he comes back, even if a gun was pointing at my head. God is not to be ashamed. But we have to love our enemies, but still I think we need to stick up for what we believe. and show God faith, not wimping out and start to moan, there is no faith in that at all.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Christianity HAS ALWAYS been the target of persecution........they persecuted Jesus.........

R

Richie_2uk

Christianity HAS ALWAYS been the target of persecution........they persecuted Jesus.........
What for moaning, and whining? One man! stood up for us, Just one man! and then he died for us too, for what? our moans and groans? We need to stand up for what we believe in, and that Is God, we need to start showing some faith, instead of moaning, of they persecution us. Of cause they persecuted Jesus, why? because he was being faithful to God the father.
One man stood up for us people, what true thanks we give him? MOANS< GROANS< WHINING<

Time we stand up, with God at our sides, and start showing some faith, before it too late.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Oh no, ughhh, not another one of these threads.

konroh

Sep 17, 2013
Good sarcasm crossnote.

It is interesting that what God wanted to do with the Israelites mumbling in the desert was to send fiery serpents to torment them. Can't help but think that the way I feel about my 4 year old when I hear him whining is the way God feels about me an awful lot.

Dec 9, 2011
Hello
it could be,it depends on the heart cause GOD looks at the heart.when it comes to man,Moaning would just be one of my 5 senses,and I can't approach GOD in the flesh(carnal mind).

John 4:24

Viewing the King James Version

24:God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
2 Corinthians 5:4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Dunno does groan=moan...if so we're in !!!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
What for moaning, and whining? One man! stood up for us, Just one man! and then he died for us too, for what? our moans and groans? We need to stand up for what we believe in, and that Is God, we need to start showing some faith, instead of moaning, of they persecution us. Of cause they persecuted Jesus, why? because he was being faithful to God the father.
One man stood up for us people, what true thanks we give him? MOANS< GROANS< WHINING<

Time we stand up, with God at our sides, and start showing some faith, before it too late.
Was responding to the comment about the Tennessee School and prayer............don't know how "moans, groans, or whining fit into that............???

Sure, we need to defend the Faith, who said we didn't?