Is Music the former Crown of Satan (or part of it) /The Filty Backdoorman of Music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, And like a root out of parched ground; He has no stately form or majesty That we should look upon Him, Nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him.
(Isaiah 53:2)

i'm still not clear about the extent of music that you are against here.

is this about genre?
is this about secular vs sacred?
is it just about Crosby Stills & Nash?

are you decrying all music, all non-pipe-organ music, all worldly pop radio music, or all music you don't personally find attractive?

do you consider certain sounds/waveforms satanic and certain others "
okay" ?

do you think ((like the book in the OP says)) it's a government conspiracy to keep people from violently overthrowing the government?
or you think that guy was deceived, imagining a counterfeit plot, when the real plot is the devil's work, with an entirely different purpose?
& again, with "all music" or just music that you think judge as "
ugly" ?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Eminem? rappin about killing his wife putting her in the car.
Slayer? Reign in blood.
Come on!
wait --

is this about lyrical content
or is this about music

because those are different things

?

M

Miri

Am I the only one who hasn't a clue, what this thread is a about. :D

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
True,but that applies to everything. Father of lies seeking whom he may devour.

Stop being so reasonable.

Have you forgotten which forum you're in?

B

BeyondET

Well if there is any scripture verses that support that theory of satan having a crown of music in heaven I like to see it.

As far as I know there's know verses that support that, most hard core religious folks push this idea though I haven't found any direct mentioning of this to be true. on a reality since satan can use a pencil to promote evil.

Mar 2, 2016
Well
I heard a guy leading a small group of yougsters. He said he could use any music for the glory of God.
But could he use it for the glory of Jesus/Jahveh?

He said. The other day I was drivin in my car listening to eminem in the name of god.

Jee..

Eminem? rappin about killing his wife putting her in the car.
Slayer? Reign in blood.
Come on!

I digress.

You could sure listen to much. But why in the whole wide world use such ugly music to the glory of he who is called wonderful.
Rap really isn't my thing. Slayer isn't really my thing. But the reality of it is that it is an act to generate interest. And speaking of blood...don't we eat Jesus flesh and drink his blood when we do communion?

Sheepman

Aug 13, 2016
wait --

is this about lyrical content
or is this about music

because those are different things

?

Some threads are broad. Some are more nerdy. I just simply wondered if anyone else had read the book mentioned. And secondly a very humble contemplation about how bad a creation like music is used. Lyrics are easily exposed. But obviously there are musical compositions that can put you in very questionable moods. Im not out for some broad strokes about how anything can be used for good or bad.

And there sure are threads I dont undeestand the meaning of. Then I just thread on:)

We all come from very different places.

Still wonder if anyone have read the book. Theres a lot more connected to this book....that I will not mention here and now.

It was kind of foolish to suppose the outcome would be profitable. But it have the potential to be Very profitable for some people. Time will tell.

Thanks for the response

B

BeyondET

They are emotions. And if satan is a roaring lion amongst us he sure can surf them.
This is true, though not a lion but a whiny ant, once the waves are flatten not much surfing going on.

Sheepman

Aug 13, 2016
This is true, though not a lion but a whiny ant, once the waves are flatten not much surfing going on.
When rebuked in Jesus name. Yes. The other Lion (Jesus) said it. There is unfortunately nothing puny about satan. We are. Without Jesus. We should be careful not to belittle his dominion over every single one that has not come to Christ. Unfortunately modern christians with no grasp of what the wilderness means surf themselves away on a sea of glass.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb
(Revelation 15:2-3)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

seems to me to say here that those who overcome do, by God's gracious gift, play music and sing to His glory.

MadebyHim

Dec 17, 2016
Well, firstly, music is just sound. It's US that place these connotations of evil or good, happy, or sad, etc. etc. on them.

However, since a vast majority of people will have a - now global - shared perception of commonly understood concepts, there are at least some generalizations to be made:

Major = happy
minor = sad

Chords that shift tonal centers = unrest (minor chromatic mediants have been used in film a lot recently).

Certain types of "activity" also bring up feelings of unrest, or impending danger = tremolo in strings, repeating piano chords (listen to Schubert's Erlkonig), fast "blurry" scales (the "blurryness" seems to bring up feelings of uneasyness/disorientation), undulating motion (think of the whole tone dream music you hear on TV), etc.

Context is VERY important. Most of the music we now think of being menacing would probably never have been considered menacing (necessarily) if it hadn't been for extra-musical associations. For example, Bach's Fugue in D minor was "just another fugue" until it started getting used in scary movies or at Halloween (which is how most people hear it now).

Gregorian Chant is associated with "gothic" themes nowadays, but when they were written they were simply prayers, many uplifting. Nonetheless, some of them had "darker" themes and especially in the Romantic Period they were used for "supernatural" or "devilish" ideas, so you should check out the "Dies Irae" or "day of wrath". It's used A LOT (maybe over used or cliche at this point).

MadebyHim

Dec 17, 2016
Shifting tonality means shifting key centers. Following a C Major chord with an E Major chord then an Ab Major chord for example. Since those chords do not belong to the same key, our ear can't find a "center" (at least in the way we're used to) and the effect can be one of "wandering" etc.

Music itself doesn't seem bad it's the way its been changed, and added too. The tribal beats, make me feel uneasy.

Dec 17, 2013
I don't think that music that isn't altered with subliminal messages are some some mind altering frequencies is "evil" just like pretty much everything else in the world ANY kind of negative,disruptive influences can't be effective without the individual letting them be effective thats why God gave us advice so that we as individuals can see the negativity and NOT contribute with our own negativity.

I listen to all kinds of different music even the "evil" rap and heavy metal,because im aware that all it is is entertainment I don't structure my life on it's ideals.

Only a child would do that.

Dec 17, 2013
There were many times as a kid I would be harassed because I didn't do what the other kids did and I'd come home put on head phones and live vicariously through the music so all of my angst drained away ,if it wasn't for the music helping me release that negative energy I would have flipped out and killed someone or worse I would have conformed to the world because that was the whole point of the harassment.

Sure lyrics can be negative and CAN have a negative effect on people but that only happens to the weak minded God did His job by advising us of these things so it's the parents responsibility to teach the children.

THAT is whats not happening THAT is the problem that God is fixing by ending the world.

And it's not just rap and heavy metal country music is sooo depressing I was jokingly thinking that it must be a conspiracy to make people commit among other things like wife beating that is a common subject in country music.