Is Textual prudishness?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
Some people feel ashamed when being informed there are more religions than Catholicism. Some felt disappointed when see there are more church leaders and these were from different faith. I have heard a woman saying “the Bible make people crazy”... Is that the reason their priests or church leaders don´t use it at all or at convenience?

There´s an asinine idea on the Reina-Valera Bible version. Many Christian believers think it as the “original” Bible and their pastors haven´t checked the world to tell them the are more languages and translations. Who told them the Bible was originally written in Spanish?

I prayed God would have revealed an updated version of the Bible, but all those ones found keep on saying the same thing He wants so, there´s no point on more COPY versions, but avoiding hypocritical ones which used euphemisms: Heb. 13:4 spoke of sex (coitus) and translators named “bed”, to avoid hurting the ears of pure dogs, not to lure away the minds of holy pagans (2 Pet. 2:22).

It is well understood we could have no access to the oldest copies and portions of the Bible. These are to be safely kept and I don´t understand any other languages than Spanish or English: I believed those translations by faith and my will reluctantly obeys (sometimes) the ten commandments. Do I deserve eternity?

I don´t know how many words have been changed or softened to be eaten by me. Jesus addressed those who were not Jews, as dogs (Matt. 15:26; Mk. 7:27) The thing is not related to race, it was not racism but a holy discrimination I deserve for being a sinner: He is right! I act like a dog each time I came back to my vomit, my sin, and to those situations I should have left far being, with its people as well.

Jesus was rightly moral to say whom I am. He was (and is) a coherent teacher I have to listen to change. We don´t like people lie to us, but we lied at convenience. We learned of things that made us feel bad and seldom make anything to avoid hurting or lying. Are we morally ready to teach about truths?

I´m a hypocrite when telling others “I´m saved”. I´m in the process to be healed and saved. I don´t know about you but I sin with my false tongue or my mind.

I don´t need to hate Canaanites, but my evil canniness. I don´t need to eat pigs if I will behave like them each time I´m baking at the wrong tree, telling the world my lies: The way is God´s, not my religion, not the evil ways of culture or race.

Jesus was sent as BREAD for the Jews (Mk7:27; Matt. 15:26). We were allowed for him (Matt. 11:28, 16:24-25; Lk. 9:23-24) and from God (Matt. 17:5).

God is not slow (2 Pet. 3:9). He wants us to repent, change and live (Ezekiel 33:11). It is us who are delayed.

God made some amendments on the punishment His former law said (Ezekiel 33:12). We can be manipulated to sin or to avoid sinning, but I alone are guilty for what I have done and I cannot stop myself its consequences sometimes: Moses fled as an outlaw. Jacob ran from his brother´s rage...

I´m sure baptism nor circumcision will not save any (Ezekiel 33:13; Heb 10:26-29). There´s no other rite than being holy, as living sacrifice. Moses could have stoned his people part of his life time; but I cannot throw a single stone, except to me. God knows what I deserve! His Son knows what I did. I will live by Grace, that´s all. (Ezek. 33:18-19).

Humanity needs God and Jesus reign. I need to leave my pagan life behind so next generations could be blessed the way God said it would be. Eternal life depends on my present decisions. These affect you and me. Can curses be removed (or revoked)? Many of us have casted them out by evil actions or wrong thoughts.

Some are now saying things on generational sins that need my revocation or healing. Did Jesus restore human life or the life of each believer? I´m not sure to comprehend the complete scope of personal healing. I believed God forgave me, as those who believed in Jesus and it´s up to each person to make some corrective amendments on the things he/she has done wrong: If I buy a used car, I can get it painted or fixed to enjoy it. If I remarry, I will do my best to avoid making same mistakes I did in the past. Could I revoke those I made to spare me troubles or divorce? Could I change those things anyone has made before my coming in?

Forgiving is one step on that ladder. Wrong doings can be condoned by prayers and forgiving, but Grace and the blood of Christ worth the price for uncountable generational sins... Besides, I don´t see Jesus teaching about generational sins, but on Personal Sins.

There is a textual prudishness on the things I read or believed. Individual sins affect society, collectively, same way as personally for being an individual. God cursed the earth for Adam´s sin, but each of us curses (or blesses) life for the deeds we do. Prayers need working hands to heal, to mend past and this simple present.

A man´s standing is not determined by ancestry or citizenship. Spiritually we live -or die- according to God´s will: “Each lives and dies, save his own sins” (Ezek. 18:4) It is me who makes right or wrong, same way a thief turned to Jesus, on his cross of death. Did he baptized?... If born Jew, he was circumcised... What does this serve him when willingly sinning?

I grew witnessing there was not quick or direct consequence when sinning. There was a law for almost everything, but those who were to reinforce it were law breakers... Whom I was to believe?

Human law codes appeared superseding the Bible. Men appeared saying this was obsolete or useless, so my self was my utter choice, and Jesus came to show me I was wronged and wrong.

I believe God did what He said He would. He is inclusive, no matter how pagan or doggy I was (Mk. 7:27; Matt. 15:26). Religionists tried to soften simple truths to avoid discouraging weak people (I´m weak, yet strong).

The Bible is as it is. Some things are misunderstood (2 Pet. 3:16) but Jesus resumed all its stuff in two simple things: Love God and those who are like me (Matt. 22:37-39)

I want you to see you are not like everybody. All people sin and, everybody is not like you. (Lev. 19:1-18). We all need God, His salvation, but everybody is not aware of that like you and me... Just read Gal. 6:9-10! See whom I like to help more. Will I help outsiders rather than those who are of my household? Will I give those who are misusing the name of God, instead of those who honor Him?

I have my reason to be partial... Israelites were ordered to repay those who cursed them, in the past, when leaving Egypt. Will I tell those who hurt I´m not hurt or painfully wounded?

I´m here because of Jesus and the people He used to work and pray. Jews were first and many were Gentiles (Jn. 4:22, Rev. 2:9; Mk. 7:26-28) (Matt. 10:5; 12:4; 18:17. Lk. 2:32).

There is a textual prudishness to hide plain truths from those who hear and don´t listen. There are eyes that see you are their neighbor, but these can´t watch what God have said (Prov. 3:29, 32b).

I don´t know why Jesus said there were people like that, Jews or gentiles. He warned of people seeing, but blinded. I guess God selects His people, His chosen ones; that´s why there are some who could not be healed...

A.T. Sept 2013

H

Hoffco

To Secularhermit, I am delighted to read your long post. Your comprehension of the Bible is very good, very deep. God has been teaching you as you pour yourself over His Word. Your future will be very bright as you continue your walk with Jesus. I don't know why you must take the Bible text by faith? The textual study has a long proven history of honest study and we have a text that is very very pure. I do not believe the Bible by faith, I can be assured it is 99% accurate. God has done a good job of preserving His Word. The Devil has and is working over time to destroy the Word of God , under the control of God Himself, as the Devil, is God's Devil, and he is controlled by God, his master. Please, remember, faith is the proof of things unseen; The Bible is not "unseen", it is in our hand, seen and read by all who have it, and it is proven trustworthy by history. The few mistakes, in a few words of the text, does not hurt the message of the Bible. The theme of the Bible is: God's eternal covenant of Grace; Seen best in Romans 8:29-30. And you seem to understand this. I would point out to you that God has made only one race, the human race. We are from many nationalities, but from only one race. May you be more confident as God is leading you in you quest for His truth, His WORD. Love to all, Hoffco

May 3, 2013
Thanks, Hoffco!

"... I do not believe the Bible by faith, I can be assured it is 99% accurate. God has done a good job of preserving His Word."

Perhaps I´m absolutely wrong, but I cannot know a person by witten things ALONE. I want people we sure enough His word is a living word, same way His historical approach renews and His jelous
love relationship, that one where He asks no one else, but Him alone: He commands love Him that way in several portions of Deut.

I have seen He shows Himself whenever He pleases. I wish I FIND AN EASY WAY to communicate with Him: You wrote, because I wrote first. You felt, because we felt. So I don´t want the emptiness of some frustrations when prayers are mute or lack an answer WE could understood. How easy it would be an INTERATIVE way to listen to HIs voice, more than reading history, stories and the testimony of that past written on the Bible.

You are right! But I long for His personal voice. Those mistakes are few, not essentials. That´s true!