Is that pork you are eating!"?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jacob12

no one is convicted now, only at the resurrection. I used to eat it until I found out the truth. However God does obligate those who know and understand his word to warn the people. As far as the confusion of Paul's and other scriptures, Peter warns about it in 2nd Peter 3:15-16 "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which some things hard to be understood, which they that are unleared and unstable wrest (twist), as they do also the other scriptures , unto their own destruction." Lets see what Paul himself said about this Acts 24:10,14 vs10"Then Paul, after that the govenor had beckoned unto him to speak, answered, Forasmuch as I know that thou hast been of many years a judge unto this nation, I do the more cheerfully answer for myself:" ... vs14 "But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets (the OT)"

A

Abiding

Your taste buds or keeping God's temple healthy?

These food laws were not abolished, i have seen no were which plainly says 'food laws abolished' itching eyes cruze through scripture trying to justify eating something considered an 'abomination' to you.

Leviticus 11

7And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. 8Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
Why do you suppose they couldnt touch it? Do you see anymore to this than a diet lesson?

L

Laodicea

Peter was not talking about food.

Acts 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter, kill and eat.

Acts 10:14 But Peter said, Not so Lord, for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean.

Acts 10:15 And the voice spake unto him the second time, what God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Acts 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made inquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate.

Acts 10:18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.

Acts 10:19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold three men seek thee.

Acts 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath showed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
That is right, Peter still had trouble with this after the vision which is recorded in Galatians.
Galatians 2:11-13
(11) But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.
(12) For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
(13) And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

777Yeshua777

God's original food law.
Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. 2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered 3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

God's last given food law.
Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
The first was made before the Law was given.
The last was a discussion regarding being vegetarian. Notice the context in relationship to verse 2 of the same chapter.
New converts to the faith were accepted with minimal requirements, but were expected to grow in their knowledge and adherance to the Law. Acts 15:20-21

This notion that the Law is no longer valid is incorrect. I, too, belived that for many years. It is, however, not true.

Acts 20:16 Paul is planning to be in Jersalem on the day of Pentecost. That is the 50th day after the end of Passover.

Acts 27:9 The word "fast" here in Greek is "nesteia." It is the only time it is used in the NT. It is specifically the fast for the Day of Atonement.

Paul is still observing the Holy Days established in Leviticus 23. Paul continued observing the Law, and instructed us to do the same, in spite of what you have been told.

Feb 9, 2010
In the New Testament God allows people to eat pork.

1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer(1 Timothy 4:1-5).

God said every creature of God is good to eat,animals and fish,for since it is now spiritual being with God,the food is clean and sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ(Colossians 2:14-17).

Jesus took the physical ordinances of Israel and nailed them to His cross,removing them for they were contrary to us.Those physical ordinances were temporary and could not provide spiritual salvation,for they were a shadow of things to come,and when Christ came all those who follow Him are part of the body of Christ and do not go by those physical ordinances.

So let no man judge you concerning meats,which means they cannot tell you to keep the physical ordinance concerning meats,because it is not spiritual but physical,and Jesus took those ordinances out of the way,and we can eat any meat we want for it is now spiritual and it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer,which makes it clean and not unclean.

But even though it is alright to eat pork in the New Testament,if someone believes that it is wrong to eat pork and they eat pork anyway,they have committed a sin,even though it is not wrong to eat pork,for they believed it is wrong to eat pork and they did it anyway.

L

LovingtheLord

1 Timothy 4

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
I'm insulted.

Oct 2, 2011
The first was made before the Law was given.
The last was a discussion regarding being vegetarian. Notice the context in relationship to verse 2 of the same chapter.
New converts to the faith were accepted with minimal requirements, but were expected to grow in their knowledge and adherance to the Law. Acts 15:20-21

This notion that the Law is no longer valid is incorrect. I, too, belived that for many years. It is, however, not true.

Acts 20:16 Paul is planning to be in Jersalem on the day of Pentecost. That is the 50th day after the end of Passover.

Acts 27:9 The word "fast" here in Greek is "nesteia." It is the only time it is used in the NT. It is specifically the fast for the Day of Atonement.

Paul is still observing the Holy Days established in Leviticus 23. Paul continued observing the Law, and instructed us to do the same, in spite of what you have been told.
Paul does observe the law because he was a Jew, but he never demanded that Gentile observe the law, and that includes the food laws.

N

Nalu

Is this pork I am eating you ask?

Yes, I am a super tuned, well oiled, pork eating machine.