Is The New Apostolic Reformation Heretical?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
The scriptures have many warnings against teachers of false doctrine.
The prophecy statndards statement issued by the NAR, are in direct contradiction to the word of God, and the prophecy standards set by the word of God.
The false prophets of the NAR in no way reflect or represent the work of the Holy Spirit.
That is not for me to judge, especially a blanket judgment. I have a tendency to look for the best in anything not the worst and have the discernment to work out which is which. For example, I was suspicious of Benny Hinn long before he came out with his confession of guilt.

L

Locoponydirtman

That is not for me to judge, especially a blanket judgment. I have a tendency to look for the best in anything not the worst and have the discernment to work out which is which. For example, I was suspicious of Benny Hinn long before he came out with his confession of guilt.
It is every christians' duty to judge.
We are to judge what is being taught, comparing what is taught to what scripture says.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
The scriptures have many warnings against teachers of false doctrine.
The prophecy statndards statement issued by the NAR, are in direct contradiction to the word of God, and the prophecy standards set by the word of God.
The false prophets of the NAR in no way reflect or represent the work of the Holy Spirit.
Decided to reacquaint myself with the teachings and operation of NAR again and it didn't take me long to work out much of what I read about it is hearsay and not written by anyone who has an intimate knowledge of its workings.

What its teaching is based on is straight out of the Bible. The difference is how you interpret specific scriptures. I don't consider it very spiritual to shun anything/one because you see a verse one way and they see it another way. Most of the critics of things like this have very little to show for all their doctrinal purity. Some are so screwed up by it they won't even acknowledge a miracle that is provable.

As an overall observation, those involved in NAR are more likely to reflect or represent the work of the Holy Spirit than those who criticize it based on hearsay and opinion.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
We are to judge what is being taught, comparing what is taught to what scripture says.
Funny you should say that, but we are told constantly we are not allowed to judge so I suggest you do a bible study on the word judge in its entirety. I think you will be surprised what it does say.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
As to comparing what is being taught, I have been doing that for 50 years, exposing myself to all sorts of expressions of Christianity so as not to be accused of spreading hearsay. For me the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Decided to reacquaint myself with the teachings and operation of NAR again and it didn't take me long to work out much of what I read about it is hearsay and not written by anyone who has an intimate knowledge of its workings.

What its teaching is based on is straight out of the Bible. The difference is how you interpret specific scriptures. I don't consider it very spiritual to shun anything/one because you see a verse one way and they see it another way. Most of the critics of things like this have very little to show for all their doctrinal purity. Some are so screwed up by it they won't even acknowledge a miracle that is provable.

As an overall observation, those involved in NAR are more likely to reflect or represent the work of the Holy Spirit than those who criticize it based on hearsay and opinion.
Can you post where you got reacquainted with the teachings and operation of NAR? Thanks.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The designation "New Apostolic Reformation" is falling out of favor; I can only assume because people are starting to recognize it and understand what the NAR is about. Moving forward, the title "Independent Network Christianity" is likely what we'll be seeing more of. It is becoming the title of choice among leaders in the movement. But make no mistake, it's simply the NAR rebranded. It has all the same people, the same teachings and practices. See here for a brief overview:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_Network_Charismatic_Christianity.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Holly Pivec and Douglas Geivett have just published a new book on the NAR and Holly has been doing some new interviews. Here's one I watched today that's pretty good.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013
Can you post where you got reacquainted with the teachings and operation of NAR? Thanks.
In my home. I have several books written about the subject so I went through them again to see what they were teaching

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Bethel Church Members Now Have Majority on Redding City Council. To some this may seem like a good thing, but do we really want to live in a theocracy? That's the goal of Independent Network Christianity (aka NAR). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going: A society governed and ruled by "apostles" and "prophets."

L

Locoponydirtman

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Bethel Church Members Now Have Majority on Redding City Council. To some this may seem like a good thing, but do we really want to live in a theocracy? That's the goal of Independent Network Christianity (aka NAR). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going: A society governed and ruled by "apostles" and "prophets."
Going to be Salt Lake Cities and Vaticans everywhere.

You know, the prophet that spoke at the church I was investigating was laying out a future blueprint much like the Mega churches we see in the NAR. A school for children and a recording studio for the band. Both have been tools uses to create believers from infancy and the other to water down theology in worship while creating the emotional hype with their favorite words revival, giants, strongholds, chains, BIG on Holy Spirit focus, power, and each carrying a different understanding in the movement but with brainwashing you can now slip in error and those people will never know. They hear those key words and like hypnosis just assume what comes next is Biblical.

I'm not one to say modern Christian music is bad or untruthful. A lot of it may be weak in theology compared to the old hymns but the words are still true. I just believe when paired with the NAR or NAR influenced then it becomes dangerous.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I'm not one to say modern Christian music is bad or untruthful. A lot of it may be weak in theology compared to the old hymns but the words are still true. I just believe when paired with the NAR or NAR influenced then it becomes dangerous.
Well, we know Bill Johnson believes music can be used as a vehicle for spreading NAR teaching. In a blog at Bethel Music's website, Johnson is quoted as saying: "Music bypasses all the intellectual barriers and when the anointing of God is on a song, people will begin to believe things they wouldn’t believe through teaching."

This is pretty creepy. Here's a link I uncovered with Internet Archive. The Bill Johnson quotes seem to have been removed from the current BM site. https://web.archive.org/web/20201101123245/https://bethelmusic.com/blog/bill-johnson-quotes/