Is the Prophet lying?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

Senior Member
May 24, 2014
11,887
8,709
113
Is the Prophet of God lying?
I find that much of modern christianity rejects the authority of scripture and replaces it with their own thoughts and desires.
Don't believe me! Let us look at a verse.

(John 1:29 [AKJV])
The next day John sees Jesus coming to him, and said,
Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world.
(John 1:29 [GUV])
John is seeing on the morrow Jesus [Who] is coming (to) him, and is saying, see!
the Lamb of God [is coming], Who is taking away the sin of the world.

No matter what translation you use it will all say the same. The Lamb of God takes away the Sin of the world. Period! No action by the world is necessary to be forgiven. The Prophet speaks the Word of God. The Prophet is under the direct control of the Holy Spirit. The prophet gives the message exactly as God gave it to him. The message is "Complete" and concise. To add to the Prophets Words [Words of God] is rebellion against God. I know I for one will not defy the Prophets Words from God. This is a terrible dilemma for modern christianity. They stand in direct opposition to God's Prophet or they believe his message.
Well! Is he lying or telling the Truth? Will you believe him or alter his Words [Words of God]?

What would benefit you most would be to learn what John spoke of from the Law, while he was bound by the Law, concerning the lamb sacrifice. Most Jews knew the history and meaning of a sacrificial lamb. They knew that sacrifice didn't cause eternal forgiveness, but was a conditional covenant act directly associated with repentance of sin.

John's gospel was repentance in preparation for the only Lamb God would accept forever, still on condition of repentance and faith believing on Jesus.

No, the prophet was not a lair. He ministered to what was left of Israel, which had departed significantly from the Mosaic Covenant, forgetting about repentance of sin, though making sacrifices in vain. Corruption ruled.

Think of the price Jesus paid to take our sins away this way. One of my aunts decided I should go straight to college upon graduating high school. My family was too poor to see to that, but she was wealthy. My mother told me to pack up and go register where Auntie said to go. I didn't want to go, having not planned for that, wanting to keep a steady job already in hand. Reluctantly I got on a Greyhound Bus and went. Somewhat doubting the reality of it all, I arrived at a registrar table on the grand promenade under a giant oak tree. When I provided my name, the woman opened her book. "Ah, you are pre-paid for tuition and room & board. You have 8 semesters available. Congratulations!" All I had to do was attend. I would not have received an education had I gone back home, though the expense was paid. In the same manner, my sins were washed in Christ, but not if I returned to my former life apart from Christ.

I'll finish the story should a spiritual lesson not already be confirmed from knowing the gospel of Christ.

The Vietnam war was heating up. I watched batches of fellow students leave, some drafted, others insisting on joining up. Upon finishing my fourth semester I decided to visit the Navy/Marine/Coast Guard recruiter. The Navy offered me a starting pay at E-3 for a 4 year commitment, which I accepted. It was a huge life changer. Soon I received a letter from the college, saying they were required to refund the balance of my college funds due to my failure to continue. It was heart-breaking. I didn't realize that consequence, ignorantly resting on knowing my 4 years was paid for. I paid a big price to just get back to where I left off, fortunately with significant help from the G.I. Bill, which was good for 8 semesters. I finished my B.S. on it and used the balance in flight school, plus some hours toward a Masters. That was the hard way to do it.

I learned later my cousin had the same blessing from Auntie, who stayed in college. Unlike my small-mindedness, He dared to ask her for help for a vehicle, was told to go pick a new one out he liked, drove it off the lot paid for. He went on to become a heart surgeon by her funding, and she built a clinic for him later, and inherited most of her huge estate. I got nothing whatsoever again from Auntie other than that initial provision on day one at college.

Jesus has paid the price for me to enter into the presence of my holy God, and stay there justified, my sins taken away, not owing him anything but to love and obey Him. My Bible insists that I depart from a life of sin, not creating a new list of sins requiring more blood to wash away. I am expected not to put Jesus to shame, nor trample on his blood like a hog might crush precious pearls under foot. John preached knowledge of the coming savior. Jesus came, preaching Jesus' gospel, not John's gospel, to repent and believe Jesus' gospel. John introduced Jesus, then Jesus introduced his gospel we know as salvation by grace through faith, with repentance being the first response to God, which is never to be forsaken. We must always repent when the Holy Spirit tells us to.

The way is provided. Stay in it, reap eternal benefits. Falling away? Gone off in some other way? Repent while the Lord yet calls you back, return, grow in faith.