Is there a quick way to consult God? Jul 2013

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
Daniel teaches me that there are hindrances, spiritual forces blocking the way for the answers to our prayers (Dan. 20:12-14), but there times where Israel knew God´s will by consulting some precious stones worn inside the ephod (Exo. 28:30).
David (1 Sam 23:2, 4) and Saul consulted God by casting that sacred lot. Saul was not given ultimate answers (1 Sam. 28:6). Sometimes God does not answer by dreams, messengers or the Bible, and personal experiences tell we fail and tend to failures. Have you consulted mediums or spirits? (1 Sam 28:8, 11, 13)

I don´t know if during the lifetime of Jesus the ephod was still in use or if it was worn with the Urim and Thumming to consult God´s will, but I see they were used or missed when all Israel returned to the Promised Land 430 years before Jesus (Neh. 7:65; Ezra 2:63).

Professor J.F. McLaughlin (B.D., D.D.) once wrote: “...this custom of trying to obtain guidance from God by casting a lot belongs to the earliest times and to a very primitive kind of thinking. In later times more spiritual conceptions of religion were introduced by the teaching of the prophets and it fell into disuse...

What were the lost Urim and Thumming?

I don´t think it was primitive way of seeking God´s will. Sometimes we need His “Yes” or “No” clearly heard and understood. Some may find it old fashioned, but it served God´s people to make their right choices, even at times of family wars (Judges 20:18-23, 26).

I don´t think all are completely wicked and unholy, and those who wore the ephod had the judgment above (and on) their hearts (Exo. 28:30b, 36)

What are the alternative ways of listening God´s will today and now? (I need your help).

I´ve heard of fasting, prayers, reading the Bible... Are today’s circumstances speaking like those Daniel lived to mention God is in control ? (Dan.4:17b, 26b, 32b)

Sometimes we forget to consult God, same way Israel did several times (Josh 9:14). The price we paid for that fault doesn´t bring joy to our life. Each does as he did because sometimes we forget Jesus (or God) as ruling King (Judges 21:25)

Most of the decision I´ve made were thought without God in mind, and I needed His guidance. Christians or not, the world needs God´s direction to succeed.

What would you give to help us sort life out when not having the Urim and Thumming at hand?

A.T.

P.S.

Thanks! I agree with some things you mentioned. These are good to be reminded but my concern is focused on the need of HEARING HIM, same way I heard you, by your writings at this post.

I don´t have problem with peace, He gave me part of that (except when I come to the city). You are right when saying "I could be deaf" (just by inferring). That is true! but I cannot help those who need to hear God´s voice when I lack that ability to HEAR HIM, same way Samuel learnt to hear God´s voice. I will fast! True! But we need a RELATIONSHIP BUILT in talking, sharing, more than simply reading the Bible, and that is what I regret or miss. The Bible. itself, TEACHES HE allowed His loved ones to HEAR His voice, and I want to experience that daily (I only heard and "angelic" voice when I was near to perish).

I don´t like talking alone. I don´t like babbling words as prayers. My minds tells me I need or want to hear Him, just to DEVELOP a real relationship. That´s what I miss (same way you gave me your kinds thoughts, in here)

G

good question. There's the scripture that says, "my grace is sufficient for thee.". My answer would be that if you are in tune to the LOrd's voice, he said, my sheep know my voice, another they will not listen to, the HOly Spirit, speaks and you would know if it is right by the peace you feel. There is a message that if there is no feeling of peace, it is not right, or the answer is no, and it is not from the LOrd. Another is that scripture. He covers us with his mercy, and patience is one of the fruits. If you need a definite answer in a difficult question, fasting does break certain strongholds, as Jesus said, when his disciples asked him why werent we able to heal that one Jesus said, with some it takes fasting. Don't know everyone's walk and talk with the Lord is different, but we know how to communicate to our God, by the language of love from our hearts, that he understands and hears....

May 3, 2013
@JKalina

Thanks! I agree with some things you mentioned. These are good to be reminded but my concern is focused on the need of HEARING HIM, same way I heard you, by your writings at this post.
I don´t have problem with peace, He gave me part of that (except when I come to the city). You are right when saying "I could be deaf" (just by inferring). That is true! but I cannot help those who need to hear God´s voice when I lack that ability to HEAR HIM, same way Samuel learnt to hear God´s voice. I will fast! True! But we need a RELATIONSHIP BUILT in talking, sharing, more than simply reading the Bible, and that is what I regret or miss. The Bible. itself, TEACHES HE allowed His loved ones to HEAR His voice, and I want to experience that daily (I only heard and "angelic" voice when I was near to perish).
I don´t like talking alone. I don´t like babbling words as prayers. My minds tells me I need or want to hear Him, just to DEVELOP a real relationship. That´s what I miss (same way you gave me your kinds thoughts, in here)