Is There Anyone On This Site Who Has Preached or Prophesied and Would Like to Share?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SoldierFollower

I would just like to ask you what the whole experience was like and how you spend your days.
Feel free to ask any questions to me as well.
I perhaps need some words of encouragement to help me to preach/ prophesy, as God has wanted for me to.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
You cannot tell God what to do. Not everyone is called a prophet. Not everyone is called a preacher. Let God guide you where he wants you. If God wants you to prophesy, you will. Seems to me more like you want to prophesy, not so much that its your calling.
Plus Teaching does not equal preaching. Its more like you may have a gift for teaching.. not preaching.
Let God guide you. It may be hard when your all excited and emotional, but your opening yourself to many attacks.

M

Miri

If I were you I would focus on building up your relationship with
God, rather than chasing after gifts you have decided to select for yourself.
Who knows maybe be God has something better for you than you have
selected for yourself.

I assume you are still young in Christ, we have to learn in stages just like
a baby, learning to crawl, then walk then run, it sounds as if you want to
run before you can crawl.

There is nothing wrong with being enthusiastic but God is far wiser than we
are. You wouldn't give a baby matches to play with just because they are
fascinated by fire.

Gifts come with great responsibility you have to show you are responsible enough and
mature in your Christian walk to handle them, otherwise you will cause great
harm to yourself and others.

Gift of true prophesy is very rare and no one can give it to you except God.

Then there is also words of knowledge which are different. The two often get confused.
No one can explain what it is like as it is different for everyone, God may speak to
one person in one way but in an entirely different way to someone else. God always
speaks to people in a way that He knows works for them. If you know God is
speaking to you, then you just know it.

We could all share how God speaks to us but it might be different than that for you.

As for preaching, the immediate thing which comes to mind, are you in a good solid
bible believing church. If not why not.

Preaching ministries often start out by learning in a church setting then over time,
been given chances to take meetings here or there. Maybe even getting an
opportunity to take a service if your gift is recognised by others on the church.
People don't usually go from nobody to somebody ovenight, there are steep
learning curves to go through.

1 Peter 2:2-3 NKJV
[2] as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,

1 Peter 5:5-6 NKJV
[5] Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you
be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble." [6] Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand
of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Miri again.

Im gonna getcha

If I were you I would focus on building up your relationship with
God, rather than chasing after gifts you have decided to select for yourself.
Who knows maybe be God has something better for you than you have
selected for yourself.

I assume you are still young in Christ, we have to learn in stages just like
a baby, learning to crawl, then walk then run, it sounds as if you want to
run before you can crawl.

There is nothing wrong with being enthusiastic but God is far wiser than we
are. You wouldn't give a baby matches to play with just because they are
fascinated by fire.

Gifts come with great responsibility you have to show you are responsible enough and
mature in your Christian walk to handle them, otherwise you will cause great
harm to yourself and others.

Gift of true prophesy is very rare and no one can give it to you except God.

Then there is also words of knowledge which are different. The two often get confused.
No one can explain what it is like as it is different for everyone, God may speak to
one person in one way but in an entirely different way to someone else. God always
speaks to people in a way that He knows works for them. If you know God is
speaking to you, then you just know it.

We could all share how God speaks to us but it might be different than that for you.

As for preaching, the immediate thing which comes to mind, are you in a good solid
bible believing church. If not why not.

Preaching ministries often start out by learning in a church setting then over time,
been given chances to take meetings here or there. Maybe even getting an
opportunity to take a service if your gift is recognised by others on the church.
People don't usually go from nobody to somebody ovenight, there are steep
learning curves to go through.

1 Peter 2:2-3 NKJV
[2] as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,

1 Peter 5:5-6 NKJV
[5] Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you
be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for "God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble." [6] Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand
of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

M

Miri

Ha ha, I'm scared now :D

Feb 7, 2015
You'll probably never buy this book at a better price than it is right now (I paid twice the price) And it sounds like you sure need to read it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G6ALSDK/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

God is not looking for the next Billy Graham or Mother Theresa. He is not in heaven wringing His hands hoping that someone will step to the forefront and write a book like C. S. Lewis. The world is not waiting on the next great conference speaker, or some edgy church planter to start a trendy new community of faith. The world is waiting for you!

The greatest thing you can do to change the world is to follow Jesus and to be who God made you to be.

In Culture of the Few, first-time author Brad McKoy takes would-be world changers on a journey to discover just how was it Jesus impacted and transformed the culture around Him—and the answer might not be what you expect. Culture of the Few will inspire world-changers to study five characteristics in the life of Jesus:

- Identity
- Invitation
- Intentionality
- Intercession
- Intimacy

Jesus is still in the business of turning ordinary men and women into history makers by inviting them into His daily life, and as the ultimate “agent of change” it is His example we need to follow.

Last edited: